West Cave Keys

You need help? Check the general infos or post your question here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

SellSword

Re: West Cave Keys

Post by SellSword »

Once you use the door keys those doors are then permanently open, correct? Not a repeat of East "Oops You Teleported Out Without Getting That Treasure Chest" Cave.

That's my assumption if people are coming and going for previously locked ores, but I thought I would ask!
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

SellSword wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 5:50 am Once you use the door keys those doors are then permanently open, correct? Not a repeat of East "Oops You Teleported Out Without Getting That Treasure Chest" Cave.

That's my assumption if people are coming and going for previously locked ores, but I thought I would ask!
No you need new keys to get back in. Except for the room with carbon, that stays open.
Took me about 4 trips through that place. But just went yesterday to see if I can survive. I did for one on one but they like mob fighting. Did not collect any keys, rooms were closed, except for carbon.

Why did you teleport out of the East Cave?
I was always AFK!
I was LK, A Friendly Knight.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

LostKnight wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 6:47 am
SellSword wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 5:50 am Once you use the door keys those doors are then permanently open, correct? Not a repeat of East "Oops You Teleported Out Without Getting That Treasure Chest" Cave.

No you need new keys to get back in. Except for the room with carbon, that stays open.
Took me about 4 trips through that place. But just went yesterday to see if I can survive. I did for one on one but they like mob fighting. Did not collect any keys, rooms were closed, except for carbon.

Why did you teleport out of the East Cave?
I tried opening a chest [EDIT - in East Cave] from the front, but being right in front of a chest while a bit away from the teleport circle. Teleport circle won that power struggle, but what's a bit more key hunting? ;)
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

OOOHH Yea, I did that too, had to get a new room key. After that I used joystick and walked "between" the chests. :(
I was always AFK!
Leone

Post by Leone »

Me too. I zoomed in to access chests after that.
proto_nuke

Post by proto_nuke »

Is there a map of the ogre halflings dungeon located somewhere within these forums?
Ryaca_1
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

proto_nuke wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:39 pm Is there a map of the ogre halflings dungeon located somewhere within these forums?
Well, I have
→ this one: Show
WestMine_Minerals.jpg
will that do?
I was always AFK!
Leone

Post by Leone »

I searched the forum, but couldn't find that. Nice find, LK.

Edit: ah - or is it one you've put together yourself?
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Leone wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:22 pm I searched the forum, but couldn't find that. Nice find, LK.

Edit: ah - or is it one you've put together yourself?
It's a "Map Edtior" edited map I put together so I can remember where the mining resources are.

If I ever get another alt in there I'll add what keys are needed where. :D
I was always AFK!
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Before discovering the Map Editor, I'd zoom out ingame and take screenshots, a ton of them, mail them to my computer and "cut-n-paste" them into a usable map with GIMP. Problem was others might spawn mobs, blah, blah ... but that was how I started with my maps.

Then, a friend long gone now, :( , sent me a link to the Map Editor ... that made it easier for me. ;)
I was always AFK!