real money pet killer SS

You need help? Check the general infos or post your question here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Blackthorne

Re: real money pet killer SS

Post by Blackthorne »

This is off topic but I felt inclined to throw this out there. I have some experience with Sir Richard. He was trying to ambush a number of low level clan members when he was in ROAM in the ore mines.
Has a bully mentality and seems prone to cursing. I'm curious why he has left ROAM but maybe he's just doing the old clan jumping thang.
Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

Actually I made the turning to the darkside comment and she answered with him becoming Sith Richard. It's probably just a misunderstanding Khmer. No worries. It's all good. Nice Yoda speak by the way. :)
BOO!:ghost:
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

SirRichard left RoaM when I considered abandoning it during a moment of stress. He has since found a new clan. His issues with other clans were his own, bases on his experiences on his alts. As for his recent behavior, I don't know. I do not see any evidence in that picture of any pet killing or spawn killing. His fairy pets would actually make such more difficult, as they stop to attack far more than other pets. All I see is a picture of him grinding lions.
Khmer

Post by Khmer »

madmaniacal1 wrote:SirRichard left RoaM when I considered abandoning it during a moment of stress. He has since found a new clan. His issues with other clans were his own, bases on his experiences on his alts. As for his recent behavior, I don't know. I do not see any evidence in that picture of any pet killing or spawn killing. His fairy pets would actually make such more difficult, as they stop to attack far more than other pets. All I see is a picture of him grinding lions.

Agreed! +1
cntrygurl183

Post by cntrygurl183 »

Khmer wrote:
Ryaca wrote:Always two there are...a master and an apprentice.

Not sure how Gm A disconnected what I said, however, my comment was directed at the fact you had referenced Sir(an oxymoron) Richard and I connecting with his intentional killing of pets, and although, I do see that many players venture where they shouldn't, fools sometimes do as the saying goes... MAX is a clan that is a about honor, truth and has more tenacity than any clan in FT! Ignorance is not an answer, ask about us, if you seek the truth, you will find us :idea:

Sir Richard disrespected MAX's Duke, first meeting, instant death and we pay future dividends, we don't play games!, so understand, it was funny when you mentioned turned to the dark side and why I laughed...
When you mess with the bull you get the horns :idea:

MAX 3,-3 :)
[/qu

well when the max clan attacked roam at first of course paybacks gonna happen swiss was the one that started it.......
nitsa......
cntrygurl1
ardesia

Post by ardesia »

This thread went totally OT.
Please bring clan conversation on in clans forum.
At the next OT reply this thread is being locked
[GM] ardesia :: Game Admin :: Currently retired
If you need contacting me, write my vasinta forum account a message
Cashew

Post by Cashew »

It's all about wording.

PET KILLING is allowed.

SPAWN KILLING is not.

Never cry pet killer, always say spawn. It's the same exact thing except only one version is against the rules.

Meow.
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

Cashew wrote:It's all about wording.

PET KILLING is allowed.

SPAWN KILLING is not.

Never cry pet killer, always say spawn. It's the same exact thing except only one version is against the rules.

Meow.
It's not the exact same thing.
If your pets die, and you don't, this is pet killing.
Spawn killing can be done with or without pets. This is where the player dies, regardless.
Even in spawn killing cases, your pets will not be replaced. Pets are the responsibility of their owners.
The only way they are the same is, a GM has to catch them in the act.
Screenshots, and most of the time, videos, prove nothing.
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
Cashew

Post by Cashew »

MadMikael wrote:
Cashew wrote:It's all about wording.

PET KILLING is allowed.

SPAWN KILLING is not.

Meow.
It's not the exact same thing.
If your pets die, and you don't, this is pet killing.
Spawn killing can be done with or without pets. This is where the player dies, regardless.
Even in spawn killing cases, your pets will not be replaced. Pets are the responsibility of their owners.
The only way they are the same is, a GM has to catch them in the act.
Screenshots, and most of the time, videos, prove nothing.
The act of dragging or over spawning a mob in an attempt to kill is defined as spawn killing correct? The only difference is if the player or pets die.

Also, I have to point out that why is it a rule if nothing can be done before or after the fact?

It's not against the rules until the player gets killed. Once the player is killed, there's nothing you can do because the act is over with.

If you report it BEFORE the death, then it's not against the rules apparently.

So the act of letting yourself die to allow the offending player break a rule also opens up the "well they're not killing you now" excuse because it's already been done.

So in theory, how would you be able to get a successful reporting of a spawn (pet) killer? The rule itself let's the player get away with it because the moment they broke the rule, they're no longer breaking the rule.

From my perspective , they never go to kill my pets btw they're always after my avatar so they're always breaking the rule.
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

Cashew wrote:
The act of dragging or over spawning a mob in an attempt to kill is defined as spawn killing correct? The only difference is if the player or pets die.

Also, I have to point out that why is it a rule if nothing can be done before or after the fact?

It's not against the rules until the player gets killed. Once the player is killed, there's nothing you can do because the act is over with.

If you report it BEFORE the death, then it's not against the rules apparently.

So the act of letting yourself die to allow the offending player break a rule also opens up the "well they're not killing you now" excuse because it's already been done.

So in theory, how would you be able to get a successful reporting of a spawn (pet) killer? The rule itself let's the player get away with it because the moment they broke the rule, they're no longer breaking the rule.

From my perspective , they never go to kill my pets btw they're always after my avatar so they're always breaking the rule.
Let me clarify.
Let's use blood mummy dungeon as an example.
Typically, players park their pets near the entrance, and go grind elsewhere.
If I see a player dragging monsters to the pets, I will do nothing.
If I see a player dragging monsters towards players, regardless of pets being close to them or not, I will intervene.

Now, as for why it's a rule.
There are rules broken all the time. We punish when we catch them.
If there is a log of it, sure, report it, and we can punish by the logs.
No, this is not logged, so it cannot be checked.
But it falls under interpretation of rule 9.
Long before pets were introduced, there were a rash of players going around spawn killing to irritate.
So we decided to disallow this.
Now pets have become targets, and IMO this falls under the same rule.
But, the word came from high up NOT to replace pets, and not to punish for this. So our hands are tied.
The best we can do is watch players who are reported, and see if we can catch them.
I do catch them, and punish them, sometimes.
Usually, my GM account sits on start map, so players can find me.
However, like many, I have more than one device; and I don't advertise all my alts.
So sometimes, when I seem to be afk at start, I'm just looking at something else.

Now, if I see a player dragging monsters towards another player, repeatedly, to me, that is attempted spawn killing, regardless of where the pets are.
I will punish for this when I see it. This is where I agree with your "they're after my avatar" comment.
But, if your pets are nowhere near you, then it doesn't matter.
Either way though, dead pets will not be replaced.

Yeah, it sucks that not every rule is completely enforceable.
It sucks that we don't have 1 GM on every map, every hour of the day.
But realistically, this is impossible.
We just do what we can, when we can.
We catch the offenders when we see them; but we don't always see them.
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711