A new rule based on the issuance of special skins

You need help? Check the general infos or post your question here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

mutedawg

Re: A new rule based on the issuance of special skins

Post by mutedawg »

I really dont see the reason why anyone has to share accts. I made a sword mage and ogre. I dont need to share them cuz there mine and i dont need to use anyone elses cuz i can make that class for myself as the game allowed. Im sure thats y u can have more then 1 acct.. Am i being selfish or rude by not buying/trading/sharing acct? Im just to proud to let anyone use my stuff cuz i take pride in my characters achievements. And i dont need to help others with theirs and they dont need to help me with mine. #stingyplayer
Shaolin shadow boxing, and the Wu Tang sword style
If what you say is true, the Shaolin and the Wu Tang could be dangerous.
Do you think your Wu Tang sword style can defeat me?
En garde, ill let you try my Wu Tang sword style
Andrew333

Post by Andrew333 »

This is all just dumb, you share accounts with who so ever and complain when an established rule says can't get this because you doing this. Hmm bittersweet to be doing something and a rule says you can't and the other side been getting away with it....still this is just dumb... example a land mine is programmed to where you step on it and if you weren't one of them guys that can disarm it guess what? You either stand there or die...put this into the rules since gms can't really know what the purpose of breaking a rule is, but they do know what they should do when a rule is broken give them a break hop off them for a while they only doing their part. Do yours
Open your mind and suck it in. :lol:
Mr_Maks

Post by Mr_Maks »

Andrew333 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:31 am This is all just dumb, you share accounts with who so ever and complain when an established rule says can't get this because you doing this. Hmm bittersweet to be doing something and a rule says you can't and the other side been getting away with it....still this is just dumb... example a land mine is programmed to where you step on it and if you weren't one of them guys that can disarm it guess what? You either stand there or die...put this into the rules since gms can't really know what the purpose of breaking a rule is, but they do know what they should do when a rule is broken give them a break hop off them for a while they only doing their part. Do yours
And here's the White arch user,lol.
If you think is damb then let's take away all the shared accounts of the special skins.
Why the new paired players must suffer and those who have long received their no?!
Either remove the new rule or we punish all shared accounts.
That's when the panic in the game will begin and right now, why does not anyone pay attention to my post.
then you will be whining because of this and saying that I will leave the game.
Your right.

I just wanted to know the clarification of this rule from the side and I did not hear it.
But I'm still waiting and I'll be hoping GM will make the right decision and will not make such huge game restrictions for those high-level players who have spent a lot of time and who are some real money.
Mr_Maks

Post by Mr_Maks »

So..I have a new idea which should please many including GM.
Getting a special skin can be placed in the tab "buy levels and items".And by the same formula as receiving pets by level.For example, the possibility of buying a pet worm only from the level of 820.
So getting a special skin when getting the level 1500 2000 2500 3000 and so on using the usual purchased skin in the deposit to buy levels and items.
This should solve all the problems plus will bring the game money for the future development of the game.
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

I don't know the exact reason GMs decided to make this rule, but I trust there is a reason... so many people in this thread act as though GMs just make random rules because it's fun or some such nonsense --- If everybody would just trust that they're doing their job, for the betterment of the game and all its players, you'd find a lot less stress here. I've got a few theories as to why they made this rule, the most likely to me is that somebody came to them crying with an issue that went something like this:

PLAYER: Wah :cry: you bad cheater GMs turned my mage into a dinosaur... *sniffle* I bet it's because you're racist against me :(

GM: What? You reached level 2000 and you asked to be a dinosaur.

PLAYER: *still crying* No I didn't. Why do you hate me? I'm going to talk with my uncle who owns Google and get you thrown into prison.

GM: What in the world are you taking about? Look, I've now wasted time to look up the logs - you asked for dinosaur skin at exactly 0423.32 on January 6th, 2018.

PLAYER: WAAAAHHHHHHHH!!! It wasn't me! Don't you know that everybody in my clan uses my account?!? I can prove it's mine though! WAHHH, BOO-HOO :oops:

etc...

Obviously I'm only guessing here, but what I'm sure of is that there's a reason for the rule, so let's give them the benefit of whatever doubt we may have about it
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
death911

Post by death911 »

Can i make a suggestion?
I don't know its right or wrong. Just my opinion for these kind of problem. Let the rules stay as it is . Like GMs will provide Special skin to who ever is eligible.
But for shared accounts maybe they would have to buy the special skin for real money . That way all would be happy. The genuine players get there special skin at 1500 by GMs. And shared acc have to purchase it. And the game programmers also earn money.
What is Death!!
To think our self confidence is lower than that of our enemies is Death!!
Staying alive in battlefield in fear of our enemies is Death!!
Running from our enemy instead of fighting is Death!!
Mr_Maks

Post by Mr_Maks »

Yes,blitzcraig, this could happen not one but even several times and it could very much anger GM.
I understand that even if in a new topic special skin request GM speaks only to the real owner of the player's account.and any user of that account can take twice the wrong special skin and then follow what you wrote above.

In this case, I can offer the deprivation of receiving a special skin permanently on this account for the extra concern of our GM.Because in this case it is clear that this was done to the detriment and the real user of the account is to blame for having given his account to a non-trusted person.

And as I wrote earlier when 2 brothers or best friends on real life are playing on one their one account if they do not break the rules and do not disturb GM and just play for their own pleasure,do not think that such players should suffer from this.
rearrow

Post by rearrow »

well here is my view on special skins.
first a bit of history.
when i started playing each type had only one skin. there was 1archer skin, one sword skin, etc. but there were monsters or npcs with other skins. you could not buy any skins. player base was rather small but some players were very loyal and did spend extraordinary time and effort on lvling up (one lvl could take weeks, no buying, no pets), help designing maps, help new players, help establish and improve rules and the game.
at some point it was decided that it would be nice to reward these players with special skins (ie monster skins).
getting a special skin showed that you hade done something realy special and was a batch of honor.
it also was a two edhed knife because they were sometimes bugged lol).

with the introduction of buyable skins a subset of skins were set apart as nonbuyable special skins.

unfortunately they do no longer seem to be rewards for extraordinairy effort or 'service' to the game.
linking them automatically to just a lvl, with lvls being buyable makes them basicly a buyable (alrhough expensive) buyable skin.
a lvl1500mage with special skin doesnt say anything anymore. he might have bought 1500lvls today lol.
now a lvl 20with special skin does show he did something realy special though.

ny plea would be for special skins to be awarded by the gm team based on merrits. a lvl 800. who nvr bought lvls, a lv 100who has been helping newbies in forum for years,, players who have been playing for 3years+ (gms very well know if these oldies are the same players or if accounts have changed hands, and forum posts help there too).
reaching lv14 in a skill might be reason too, or

now about sharing:
wether an account is shared or not is not a big thing in my opinion if there hasnt been any problems because of this.
I find it very nice that in this world people trust eachother with their characters on which they have spend huge amounts of time and/or money.
i dont realy see why this should disqualify them from certain rewards. (but in the past it was reason fir jailing the acount which is far worse lol)
Physical locasion is imo a crazy factor to include.
My sister lives 15000km away, she doesnt play but its a nice idea to play a shared character with her lol..
Also there are some players of ft who i have never met in real life but we talk about real life stuff and problems and i actualy consider some my best friends in life.
imo the only reason when a shared character should not be eligable for a special skin is when there has been problems because of that sharing. just another reason why u should be careful with sharing.

in summary: im not in favor of automtic special skins at acertain lvl, but if that is so i dont thibk sharing shoyld be a reason not to get it.

a better systtem would be to make special skins specialagain. where seeing a special skin leys you kbow that this guy has done something special.
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

rearrow makes some really great points

at one time, special skins were in fact "special"
now, they're not - so many have them
really, they should be renamed; they really have no special meaning anymore IMO as well

as for the adjustments in the rule, these are meant to encourage things that help the game, not take away from the game
as I mentioned before, selling/trading accounts takes money from the game, rather than put money into it
at one time, those things were a jailable offence, too - but that's a lot of work to check on
in this current setup, there's still a lot more work than there should be too

the saddest parts are - the skins aren't that special IMO
they have less animations for the most part - which I see as lower quality
the idea that so many put so much value into them I find a bit laughable - but whatever floats your boat

another part of the reason for the rule tightening was mentioned above - with shared accounts, skins could get changed, and more complaints would come
players would indeed fight over which skin they each thought the account should have - leading to more skin changes, and more investigations that should not be necessary
the fact that GM have to put work in over something I think is "trivial" I also find ludicrous
but, that's how this job goes

as for the rule, I don't forsee it easing any - I think, it will likely be tightened more
personally, I see this as a step to make them a little more "special" again
so as long as I have a vote on the matter, that is how I will be voting

if you don't like that - I say tough
anyone who has played long enough will tell you - this game is always changing
just because you could do something before, doesn't mean you will always be able to
kinda like real life that way - and if you don't like it, too bad; either accept it, or leave
you can voice your opinions on the forum, and try to get changes made - sometimes, it works
in the end though, it will be the decision that fits most with compbatant's vision, and what is deemed best for the game
that's the way this game has always been
and it is the opinion of those in charge that sharing/trading accounts is not good for the game in the long run
this is why I think the rule will only be tightened

for those of you that are worried that you may not get your special skin
well, it's entirely possible that you won't
sure, some of you may have been looking forward to it, only to have it taken away
that has happened in other things to many players already
it's not a new concept
I've had it happen to me as well in other things
whatever, that's how life goes; things change over time

like all rules and laws, they usually get implemented because someone (or too many someones) did stuff that could be considered "abusive" in some way
if you really want to point the finger at someone
point the finger at the ones who messed it up for all
every rule exists for these kind of reasons
every feature taken away was done so for these kind of reasons

bad apples spoil the bunch
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
Tarlin

Post by Tarlin »

I love the saying, "Rules are meant to be broken!" Yes, that is why we have jails. lol (which I love seeing that this game actually has)

I would love to see special skins given for special reasons. I do think that it is pretty cool seeing all the players that have a unique skin. So far my favorite is Mrs. Purple Dragon GM :). If I ever become eligible for a skin I think I would choose something along those lines, even though my favorite animal is a wolf. Being new in game and seeing all the unique skins is rather inspiring, but after reading these forums thoroughly and learning the progression of how the skins came about it really is a little disheartening.

I fully agree that a special skin setup should be given for SPECIAL reasons. A player developed a new map; created and got implemented a new series of quests into the game; coded new mobs or new interactive structures for the developer that got placed into the game; reported some game altering bug/exploit and got it fixed, etc. etc.

Maybe since special skins have essentially become a 'purchasable' item, we could come up with a new system to highlight these type of player achievements. It would be nice to see a title system in the game. Player names are already displayed below their character, but for a character who reports and aids in the fixing of a bug/exploit maybe their name could read:

Bug Smasher
Tarlin

Or something to that effect. Additionally, when you inspect that player maybe their could be a clickable tab that shows all player titles, dates awarded, and for what. Sort of like an achievements system. This would be able to highlight a players personal contribution to the game and delineate them from someone who just bought 1500 levels for a skin.

just my 2 cents.