A new rule based on the issuance of special skins

You need help? Check the general infos or post your question here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Ryaca

Re: A new rule based on the issuance of special skins

Post by Ryaca »

+1 mad
BOO!:ghost:
death911

Post by death911 »

I think he meant that people buy stuff In game by paying real money and not giving them special skin will repel them and they won't buy anything anymore and that would cause loss to game.
What is Death!!
To think our self confidence is lower than that of our enemies is Death!!
Staying alive in battlefield in fear of our enemies is Death!!
Running from our enemy instead of fighting is Death!!
Tarlin

Post by Tarlin »

Thinknof it this way:

You have 1 account shared by multiple people that have paid a total of $20 to the game.
Or you have 20 people who have paid $20 to the game. Which is more valuable

20×1=20
20×20=400

You can stop spending on your shared account, the game will go on.
death911

Post by death911 »

I am against shared accounts.
What is Death!!
To think our self confidence is lower than that of our enemies is Death!!
Staying alive in battlefield in fear of our enemies is Death!!
Running from our enemy instead of fighting is Death!!
Tarlin

Post by Tarlin »

I misunderstand the stance that you were taking in your prior post than. My apologies. I just get frustrated at how people think that their 1 shared account stops spending money and the game plummets into oblivion. When the reality is that there are hundreds of legitimate accounts for every 1 shared. The financial aspects of this game would not be significantly impacted by a few shared accounts that stop paying.
Zloba

Post by Zloba »

I am also against the general account, but if a person bought an account, bought a long time playing alone does not transfer his account to third parties, then how does he violate the rules of the game? the more you learn the rules of the game, you can see that the purchase of accounts is not prohibited, but only not approved by the administration, all purchases occur at your own peril and risk, but even in this case there must be moments when forgiveness occurs and approval for obtaining a special skin, I repeat again if the purchased account is used for a long time by one player, it loses the status of public. or I do not understand something?
I apologize if my thoughts like that offend GM
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

Zloba wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:48 am I am also against the general account, but if a person bought an account, bought a long time playing alone does not transfer his account to third parties, then how does he violate the rules of the game? the more you learn the rules of the game, you can see that the purchase of accounts is not prohibited, but only not approved by the administration, all purchases occur at your own peril and risk, but even in this case there must be moments when forgiveness occurs and approval for obtaining a special skin, I repeat again if the purchased account is used for a long time by one player, it loses the status of public. or I do not understand something?
I apologize if my thoughts like that offend GM
For a bit of history, I offer this exact post:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=14108&p=81689#p81689

Sale of accounts would indeed be prohibited if it were possible to enforce fairly.
I have said before (I believe, in this very thread), by buying other accounts, you're HURTING the game, NOT supporting it.
You're also violating laws - accounts are NOT owned by players - you're buying/selling things you do NOT own.
What you're pointing out is a flaw, and one that is being worked on as much as possible. The changes are not done yet, I think.
Yes - there are accounts that will get skins, that should NOT get them. And this is what we would like to change in the future.

Personally, I'm of the opinion that special skins should be removed entirely - all accounts should have them removed.
Then, they can be re-implemented when the system is better suited to handle them.
The fact is - too many "cheat" to get them.
And even though I do not wish to do the work to do so - I would still like the old rule to be in place - jail every single shared and sold account.
If I could do it, I would. But the amount of wasted time involved is mind-boggling.

So if you're fine with breaking laws, and hurting the game, to get a special skin, then ok, that is where I would be offended.
Because, if you use some thinking ahead - you'll see the game can get to a point where everyone will just buy used accounts from other players, rather than buy purchases from the game. Or they'll just borrow accounts. No more game income. No more game. This will lead to the end, and should be avoided as much as possible. Games only have a limited lifespan; account selling is indeed a cancer, one that should be cut out.
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
Zloba

Post by Zloba »

I understand your position, completely agree with it, but with your messages you show that you absolutely do not care about the opinion of the players. You talk about some rules, but it's not about improving the game, but on the contrary, it's cheating players, if you care about selling accounts, then allow this action and take a percentage! But I am sure that by allowing you to get a skin to traded accounts, you will increase your profits, people sell accounts not because they want so much, but because they leave the game, new players appear and buy a high-level account, they enter into an agiotage thereby acquiring new things! I myself bought a house in the game, a lot of pets and skins, and now you forbid me to use the full potential of the game!
Zloba

Post by Zloba »

Once again I apologize if I say something to insult you
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

Zloba wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:16 am I understand your position, completely agree with it, but with your messages you show that you absolutely do not care about the opinion of the players. You talk about some rules, but it's not about improving the game, but on the contrary, it's cheating players, if you care about selling accounts, then allow this action and take a percentage! But I am sure that by allowing you to get a skin to traded accounts, you will increase your profits, people sell accounts not because they want so much, but because they leave the game, new players appear and buy a high-level account, they enter into an agiotage thereby acquiring new things! I myself bought a house in the game, a lot of pets and skins, and now you forbid me to use the full potential of the game!
I don't think you understand.
I do care about opinions - but you mistake me.
I do not want to cheat players.
I also do not make profits - I'm a volunteer. I do this out of passion of being a player, and out of passion for the game.
Even if the "percentage" idea as you propose were put into place, it still would not work. Players would still try to get around it.
It is true, that some leave the game, and pass on their accounts to others - in a way, this seems "not wasteful", and in many things, it is an idea I support.
But, the truth is, if the game continues to grow (and it has grown a lot over time), the future I hint at in my previous post becomes more and more likely.

Tell me, how cheated would a player feel, if they spent thousands of dollars to buy an account from another, and then the game shuts down right after?
I also know, that players who "sell accounts because they leave the game" are now becoming a minority in the account selling market.
I don't think you realize how bad the problem actually is at this very point in time.
I am actively working behind the scenes to try and lessen this. But it is far from easy.

I've also mentioned - bad apples spoil the bunch.
So many rules, and so many removed features have happened simply because some abuse it for the whole community.
But with special skins, too many put high value on them - and will do whatever they can in their power to get them.
There are far too many walking around with them that should not have them IMO.
And the previous method we were using, was only encouraging those to cheat to get them.
The idea is, to make them obtainable by both purchase, and/or by dedication to the game - which are both supportive of the game.
But how does one tell the ones who are deserving from those who are not, without making any mistakes?
So to be fair to all - I said in my last post to "remove them all". I do not like this idea in the least. But it is fair.

You can think of me what you will - I am not afraid of being hated for unpopular opinion.
In my time as a GM, I've had to do many things I've not enjoyed, simply for what is best for the game.
When I started, I loved doing skin changes (the free ones we used to have), I loved doing name changes, I loved doing spawn parties, among other things.
Bad players came along and ruined that, for me, and for everyone else. I miss these things, but they will never come back the way they were.
The game continues to grow, and decisions have to be made to enable that growth.
But also keep in mind - I am only one voice, and so are you. We must both be heard.
I do not make these decisions, and neither do you. I do get a vote, yes, but I also read tons of opinions on the forum, and in the game. I also have seen things that a normal player cannot see. I assure you, that I do not have such an opinion lightly. I have always only wanted players to have fun - it's the only reason I (reluctantly) accepted this position in the first place.
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711