Требую разъяснения

You need help? Check the general infos or post your question here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Tiyrk

Re: Требую разъяснения

Post by Tiyrk »

Я так понял, что мои обращения полностью игнорят, наверное придется разместить скриншоты темы форума на сайтах отзывов об игре.

I understand that my appeals completely ignore, I'll probably have to post screenshots of the forum topic on the reviews sites about the game.
Tiyrk

Post by Tiyrk »

Good afternoon. Ignoring of my questions by the administration has already specifically zadolbalo. At least out of politeness they could answer why my character is banned.
ardesia

Post by ardesia »

Tiyrk, it is not that you are being ignored.
The investigation about the bug abuse is taking a long time.
There are several characters blocked because of that. Yours is one of them.
Asking for news again and again is not speeding up things.
On the contrary, it is draining energy and time and slowing down the whole process.
You can play another character while you wait, of course: we didn't block your access to the game.

Tiyrk, это не значит, что тебя игнорируют.
Следствие по поводу злоупотребления ошибками занимает много времени.
Из-за этого есть несколько символов. Твой - один из них.
Просить новостей снова и снова не ускоряет работу.
Напротив, он истощает энергию и время и замедляет весь процесс.
Конечно, вы можете играть другого персонажа, пока вы ждете, мы не заблокировали ваш доступ к игре.
[GM] ardesia :: Game Admin :: Currently retired
If you need contacting me, write my vasinta forum account a message
vlad198401

Post by vlad198401 »

Well, I am quite interesting in following:

1. Our dear admins/GM have jailed Tyirk's account more than 4 weeks ago.
2. If it turns out Tiyrk is not guilty, will they have enough guts to accept the fact that they screwed up and ban innocent player from game and apologize for that?
3. Will they have enough conscience to compensate him time in jail?
4. Or will they just pretend that nothing bad was done or even (in some strange amnesia event) forget this account in jail?

PS: You, at least, could have answered him: "You are suspected of cloning gear"/"You are suspected of selling cloned gear"/"You are suspected of storing cloned gear"/"You are suspected of buying cloned gear". If you cannot normally explain the reason, you are conducting intentional wrongdoing, and jailed an account "just because we are sure you are guilty". That is how it looks like.
FT`ing life away
ardesia

Post by ardesia »

A public "For Your Info", given that several players took interest in Tiyrk's (and in the abuse in general) case.

The investigation is almost over, we will soon post a public announcement about it.

Tiyrk is innocent. Let me say, one of a very small group (two, three players at maximum) out of dozens guilty ones.

I wrote him a PM apologising for the jailing time, on behalf of the whole staff. It has been very sad for all of us, to discover a few innocent ones among the huge number of abusers. Of course he's been given a compensation for the jailing time.

I wish there was a method to magically decide who was guilty and who was innocent, instead of so many of us spending so much time working at this case. It would have spared a lot of time for everyone. Sadly, magic doesn't exist outside fictional world.

Публичная «Для вашей информации», учитывая, что несколько игроков проявили интерес к делу Тийрка (и в случае злоупотребления в целом).

Расследование почти закончилось, вскоре мы опубликуем публичное объявление об этом.

Тийрк невиновен. Позвольте мне сказать, что одна из очень маленькой группы (максимум две, три игрока) из десятков виновных.

Я написал ему премьер-министра, извиняющегося за время тюрьмы, от имени всего персонала. Было очень грустно для всех нас, чтобы обнаружить несколько невинных среди огромного числа обидчиков. Конечно, ему давали компенсацию за время тюрьмы.

Хотелось бы, чтобы был способ, чтобы волшебно решить, кто виноват и кто был невиновен, вместо того, чтобы многие из нас тратили так много времени на это дело. Это пощадило бы много времени для всех. К сожалению, магия не существует вне вымышленного мира.
[GM] ardesia :: Game Admin :: Currently retired
If you need contacting me, write my vasinta forum account a message
death911

Post by death911 »

Well i have to say something in this matter even though i don't know how one may interpret my opinion.
Thanks to staff for the fact that they did acknowledge the mistake of jailing Tiyrk and are willing to give compensation. I don't know the player Tiyrk but i hope he gets a good compensation. ( Not just some gear or skin or pets. For 4 weeks he could have at least got a 100 lvls.. so at least 100 lvls reward is what i think is appropriate.)
Secondly i would like to say that future jailing of innocent players should be prevented. I don't know how the team works but i would like to say that before jailing one must be absolutely 100% sure about the crime.( First jailing and then investigating the crime is in no way correct). (One may argue that they had to go through so much logs and had too much work and little time to investigate but still that doesn't make it correct to jail first and investigate later. Whenever one is arresting somebody he should be absolutely 100% sure that the account or player is guilty)
Ok its good that all the guilty were caught and punished. But even if 1 innocent is jailed wrongly then that indicates the system is faulty. I hope neither such bug abuse occurs in future nor any innocent go to jail ever.
What is Death!!
To think our self confidence is lower than that of our enemies is Death!!
Staying alive in battlefield in fear of our enemies is Death!!
Running from our enemy instead of fighting is Death!!
vlad198401

Post by vlad198401 »

Thank you ardesia for being strong enough to accept the fact that this particular incident went wrong.
Also, I am glad, that Tyiurk case turned out to be OK.
Auch, I am glad to hear that this investigation is almost over and GMs/admins be a little more free than now.

Still, I support death911 position: But even if 1 innocent is jailed wrongly then that indicates the system is faulty.
FT`ing life away
Arashiko

Post by Arashiko »

If someone is suspected of bug abuse, surely jailing is preferable to letting this bug abuse spread?

This incident had the potential to deprive DM Studios of REAL MONEY because items such as bought levels and bought pets were duplicated very many times. This is FRAUD, a real life criminal offence.

Because of the sheer number of suspected bug abusers, all those suspected of duplicating items or trading items that were duplicated were jailed as a precaution.

Because the incident could only be fully investigated by senior GM and admins, and so effectively by six people… most of whom have jobs, and family responsibilities, it took a full month to sort out the very few innocent ones from the huge number of guilty ones.

In other games it is not unknown for players to be permanently banned just on *suspicion* of bug abuse, without investigation or any right of appeal.

In FT, we have a proper process, players can appeal to senior GM, admin or even M.

We do not like jailing players, trust me. But the integrity of the game is precious to us all, players and GM alike. We are all subject to the same rules.

When a serious incident occurs such as the HUGE duplication bug abuse in early March this year, we absolutely had to act quickly. The bug abuse had the potential to COMPLETELY WRECK FT if we had not stopped as quickly as we did.
Arashiko Senior GM (RETIRED )
Now playing again as Arozel.

LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Arashiko wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:38 pm If someone is suspected of bug abuse, surely jailing is preferable to letting this bug abuse spread?
Absolutely! Could not agree more.
{snip - rest of the post is just there or here}

When a serious incident occurs such as the HUGE duplication bug abuse in early March this year, we absolutely had to act quickly. The bug abuse had the potential to COMPLETELY WRECK FT if we had not stopped as quickly as we did.
And there lays the key to the whole thing.

We are still here today, because of the mass jailing. The "few" innocent players that got caught up in the mess have been set free and compensated.

Personally, if this is what it took to keep the game going then we all owe "The Team" a HUGE round of applause and cheers for the work they did ... work that they should not have had to do!

THANK YOU! It is really nice to know that the one and only MMOG game I play has such a team that will look after the welfare of the game and honest players.

KUDOS!
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

Absolutely! Thank you to all staff for helping with this!

No, I wasn't jailed. Yes, it would stink. Just keep in mind that there was actually an investigation. People sometimes think there is some divine right to play the game and any minor inconvenience in their mind entitles them to something. That isn't just here, but read various complaints and the "I deserve..." or "I think I should get..." comments. Public acknowledgement, private apology and/or explanation, and undisclosed compensation. (Do people publicly insulting or questioning the staff and their willingness to do such things get a reward as well? Other than looking foolish in hindsight?)

Thank you again, Arashiko and staff.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.