Jade Pendant

You need help? Check the general infos or post your question here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Ryaca

Jade Pendant

Post by Ryaca »

I am currently doing the missing brother quest and approached two altars that ask for a jade ring and a jade pendant

The ring I can craft

The pendant can only be obtained by fishing or in one chest or a boss battle that i cannot get to because of my level and need two other players of like level to enter the portal anyway

I gave that pendant away long ago when i first found it

With the amount of players doing quests on the new maps now this may become an issue as players that dont have the pendant will be deadlocked and not be able to proceed with that quest

May i suggest that the pendant be obtained by a monster drop or craft or possibly sold in a shop like the enchanted wood ring that is used to craft the jade ring?
BOO!:ghost:
MadMikael

Re: Jade Pendant

Post by MadMikael »

For reference

556 "Jade Pendant(300)" drops=Werewolf(0.8%) Pharaoh(0.8%) quests=2007(MAGE) chests=187.187

The Werewolf and Pharaoh are mobs that most of FT will likely never see - except as skins.
The boss room made for them was a good idea... but it's too limited I think...
I will probably never get to experience those.. as well as many others.

As Ryaca suggests, either we need another way to acquire this item, or, the current method needs to be edited so more can participate.
I'm fortunate enough that I still have my pendant from the quest (I was going to give it to a friend).
But many will not have this luxury...
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
DwarfTank

Post by DwarfTank »

I believe now would be the best time to introduce mining of the green gems scattered around the land of Forgotten Tales, use them to mine Jade and a darker shade of green gem in a harder to reach location to mine Emeralds, these together will make it possible to craft Jade Pendants, say something like 15 Jade 5 Emerald and 1 mithril to spice it up a bit, give it a base craft rate of 28%.
DwarfTank-lvl2093(Legendary Player)
ShadowHood-lvl2608
"You can lead a human to knowledge but you can't make one think."Kal-Not:2986BH
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

DwarfTank30 wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:50 am I believe now would be the best time to introduce mining of the green gems scattered around the land of Forgotten Tales, use them to mine Jade and a darker shade of green gem in a harder to reach location to mine Emeralds, these together will make it possible to craft Jade Pendants, say something like 15 Jade 5 Emerald and 1 mithril to spice it up a bit, give it a base craft rate of 28%.
I do rather like this idea. I'm all for more crafting recipes.

However, there already is an item or two that uses Emeralds in crafting... I'm not 100% positive here, but I think they're part of the unreleased update? Or are they already located, and you can mine them? I honestly don't know yet, my explorations of FT are not complete (I need to spend some time grinding).
But I did just see an item or two in my crafting list (personal house) that has Emeralds.

I would suppose, for your recipe to work, they'd have to be obtainable for a much lower level... as I think currently they're involved in 1k gear. The jade pendant is level 300.

But adding jade to the game and making more items to craft with it -> love the idea.

(If any of my information above is incorrect or incomplete, feel free to contribute ;) )

EDIT: I remember now why I held on to my pendant - it's needed to craft the 750 pendant, which is a level I'm approaching. Guess I'm going to need at least one more now too (more if my crafting fails).
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
DwarfTank

Post by DwarfTank »

Thanks.

Crafting recipes is one thing I can crank out all day long.

In the past I gave Compbatant the idea of one day being able to craft Rubies, Emeralds, Sapphires, Amethyst, Jade, and Obsidian(sp?) I'm glad to see some of the finally making it into game.

Yes I too agree that Jade Pendants should be accessible to lvl300 or maybe even lvl310.
ShadowHood-lvl2608
NightBaby

Post by NightBaby »

+1
I just hit 300 on my dwarf and I'm thinking this quest will come up soon. Hopefully something can be done by then :D
Does life really get better?
death911

Post by death911 »

I am grateful that i had 4 to 5 jade Pendant collection which helped me do the quest. But they also helped in ruby amulet craft. Some craft fail. All pendants used. I done that quest but now my mage stuck with 200 mage ring and dwarven pendants lol.
What is Death!!
To think our self confidence is lower than that of our enemies is Death!!
Staying alive in battlefield in fear of our enemies is Death!!
Running from our enemy instead of fighting is Death!!
DaHobbit

Post by DaHobbit »

I have asked the graphics designer to make rough jade that can be mined and nice jade stones that can be crafted from the rough jade. The jade stones will then be used for crafting a few of the existing jade items, as well as a new set of items that will complete the set.

But as for the Jade Pendant, there was one in a chest in the dungeons of Devil's Island (if I remember correctly). It can also be fished. The quests should not always be so easy that every item that is needed is immediately available. Sometimes you have to search and struggle to get something. So the jade pendant is not going to be on the crafting menu just yet - but it is coming. The quest to free the brother is needed to advance the main storyline, but there is no immediate need for it at the moment. It's only a small step towards future content - so if you don't have the jade pendant yet, you really are not missing very much. Sure, you gain a level once you free the brother, but that's about it. The other brother (the one outside) will give you a few items (a few lvl 500 items). Completing that quest does not help you in any of the current update. It is completely separate from everything else in this update.
DaHobbit - Game Master (GM)
DwarfTank

Post by DwarfTank »

DaHobbit wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:42 pm I have asked the graphics designer to make rough jade that can be mined and nice jade stones that can be crafted from the rough jade. The jade stones will then be used for crafting a few of the existing jade items, as well as a new set of items that will complete the set.

But as for the Jade Pendant, there was one in a chest in the dungeons of Devil's Island (if I remember correctly). It can also be fished. The quests should not always be so easy that every item that is needed is immediately available. Sometimes you have to search and struggle to get something. So the jade pendant is not going to be on the crafting menu just yet - but it is coming. The quest to free the brother is needed to advance the main storyline, but there is no immediate need for it at the moment. It's only a small step towards future content - so if you don't have the jade pendant yet, you really are not missing very much. Sure, you gain a level once you free the brother, but that's about it. The other brother (the one outside) will give you a few items (a few lvl 500 items). Completing that quest does not help you in any of the current update. It is completely separate from everything else in this update.

I agree every item shouldn't be immediately obtainable reason I gave the idea on making it craftable with a catch, the matetials needed to craft Jade Pendants would be hard to get, but anything worth having is worth the effort required to acquire it.

"Re: Jade Pendant
Report this post Quote
Post Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:23 pm
DwarfTank30 wrote: ↑ I believe now would be the best time to introduce mining of the green gems scattered around the land of Forgotten Tales, use them to mine Jade and a darker shade of green gem in a harder to reach location to mine Emeralds, these together will make it possible to craft Jade Pendants, say something like 15 Jade 5 Emerald and 1 mithril to spice it up a bit, give it a base craft rate of 28%."
ShadowHood-lvl2608
Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

Thank you for explaining this hobbs

It is normal to have quests that cannot be completed until a future update

For now the jade pendant just became extremely valuable and any players that have more than one may find that their coin purse just got a little heftier
BOO!:ghost: