Cemetery key

You need help? Check the general infos or post your question here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

MadMikael

Re: Cemetery key

Post by MadMikael »

SellSword wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:53 pm Half of this thread is already off the original topic, so I don't know what "off topic" refers to now...

I'm not in a clan myself and don't care for PvP, but that's a separate post. I don't bother looking into how clans work, but I'm surprised to hear clans can't lock up items. So if I accepted whatever clan invite (annoyingly sent by half of the players I walk past) I could accept and go clean out the storage, and nobody can even be sure who took the items? Not my style, but that makes no sense. I can see inviting your friend you've known for awhile, but random strangers? If that's the case anyone who sends random invites has only themselves to blame.
Haha, that's nothing really. It's all virtual items, and not worth anything real (if you pay real money for any items, well...)
Have you seen the price of levels?

It was not unheard of, for players with thousands of levels, even over 10k, to lend out their accounts.
For that many levels.... I could buy a car.
Tell me - would you lend your car keys to a teenager from across the world, that you've never even met in real life?
I sure wouldn't.
I wonder how that one turned out... hey, if you see that player walking around, you should ask him.
Haven't seen him in a while myself....
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
rearrow

Post by rearrow »

MadMikael wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:47 pm
SellSword wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:53 pm Half of this thread is already off the original topic, so I don't know what "off topic" refers to now...

I'm not in a clan myself and don't care for PvP, but that's a separate post. I don't bother looking into how clans work, but I'm surprised to hear clans can't lock up items. So if I accepted whatever clan invite (annoyingly sent by half of the players I walk past) I could accept and go clean out the storage, and nobody can even be sure who took the items? Not my style, but that makes no sense. I can see inviting your friend you've known for awhile, but random strangers? If that's the case anyone who sends random invites has only themselves to blame.
Haha, that's nothing really. It's all virtual items, and not worth anything real (if you pay real money for any items, well...)
Have you seen the price of levels?

It was not unheard of, for players with thousands of levels, even over 10k, to lend out their accounts.
For that many levels.... I could buy a car.
Tell me - would you lend your car keys to a teenager from across the world, that you've never even met in real life?
I sure wouldn't.
I wonder how that one turned out... hey, if you see that player walking around, you should ask him.
Haven't seen him in a while myself....
michael, i agree that wouldnt be smart.
however. we are not all teenagers and in our clan and in our trusted friends community also in
we are mostly over 30-50. we have helped eachother with diverse problems such as severe sicknesses, divorces, depressions, business problems and other real life problems. some visitveachother in real life, unfortunately i live to far but that doesnt mean that frienship is less real or valuable.
and to such a friend i definitaly would lend out my car.

in fact for me personaly its very valuable as a link/friendship with other westeners while living somewhere where nobody speaks english and the culture is completely different.

as for virtual items not having any real value. i cannot agree to that. if it gives u pleasure, entertainment it has value. if you spend long times to get something it has value.
you cant touch music or poetry, but it has value.
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

I've got a somewhat different take on shared accounts - for me it isn't as much about being unfair and all that (though I do feel that's true) - for me, the main problem is that it takes away from the game atmosphere and role playing experience itself...
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

MadMikael wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:11 pm Also, clans need to be adjusted in some ways, whether you want it or not, there are dead clans, and there are greedy clans. The idea that one clan can actually have several clans (and their territory) just because they can make alts is not what was intended for the game, I think. These sort of clans will likely need to make decisions and cut back. I'm sorry, but that's the way it goes. A clan can support how many members? 30? Whatever the number is, a clan of 10 players should not be able to maintain multiple clans worth of territory. It's not really logical. In an "action packed rpg", many clan maps don't have a lot of action on them. That will likely change in time.
+1 ;)
BOO!:ghost:
Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

rearrow wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:37 pm im still here, or rather back. the changes ate what keeps ft a challenge and interesting.
i love how quests have become more inyetesting, i like the use of pets.

hobbs came up wirh a great way to reduce the worth of those big gold reserves. his quests cut in them deep.
im sure a way to use clan gold will be found in a future update.
however i find the clan and pvp system seriously flawed as a result of unlimited lvl buying.
originaly it was said not to clan if you didnt want to pvp.
but right now it would be more true to say "dont clan if you cant spend money buying at least 2000lvls.
i think its realy time to put a restriction on killing people x lvls lower, or maybe just make it so that they dont drop if the attacker is lvls higher.

right now we have high lvl players extorting lower lvls to give them rare items or get killed repeatedly.
Its also quiet common that a lower lvl in clan is killed and hunted by one who was killed someone from that clan.

what it comes down to is that if you want to be part of a clan but are not 2k+ you die and drop a lot, often several times a day. this reduces the fun a lot but not being in a clan is worse in my opinion. worki g togetber to certain goals is one of the best parts of ft and it builds real friendships.
friend lists is no replacement. there is no friend chat.
and friend lists are needed to keep aware of enemies as well.
I really don't think that there should be level restriction on attacking clan members as low levels in team pvp stun higher levels players and heal block higher level mages.

If this were changed then the lower levels would not be able to participate in clan warfare and some would feel left out.

I do like your idea about lower levels not dropping items to very high level players as i believe that is more than fair.

Ultimately it does come down to joining clans is at your own risk as non clanned players cannot be killed by super high levels unless they attack first or are outlaw or are on a clan map
Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

blitzcraig wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:58 pm I've got a somewhat different take on shared accounts - for me it isn't as much about being unfair and all that (though I do feel that's true) - for me, the main problem is that it takes away from the game atmosphere and role playing experience itself...
Agreed

It also is not fair to every honest player that doesn't share their accounts

I will always be firmly against account sharing
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

Khmer wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:47 pm I received a key for the supervisor quest, as I was about to grab it, I got logged, key is gone... I sent Hobbit a PM, haven't heard anything yet, was this the right course of action?
LostKnight wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:28 am Hmmmm I did the same thinking as Ryaca_1 thinking it wasn't needed anymore, same as the holy water.
So I am missing both. :(

Filed a report, just in case.
Are you two still missing these items?

I'm assuming, the accounts are Khmer and LostKnight.
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

MadMikael wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:34 am I'm assuming, the accounts are Khmer and LostKnight.
In the case of LostKnight you have assumed "almost" right....

I'm Missing "Holy Water" and the "Key to the Cemetery." :(
Khmer

Post by Khmer »

MadMikael wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:34 am
Khmer wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:47 pm I received a key for the supervisor quest, as I was about to grab it, I got logged, key is gone... I sent Hobbit a PM, haven't heard anything yet, was this the right course of action?
LostKnight wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:28 am Hmmmm I did the same thinking as Ryaca_1 thinking it wasn't needed anymore, same as the holy water.
So I am missing both. :(

Filed a report, just in case.
Are you two still missing these items?

I'm assuming, the accounts are Khmer and LostKnight.
Thank-you MadMikael, I spoke with DaHobbit today at 0.0, he was able to assist me.
ryaca_

Post by ryaca_ »

dead clans ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

checkmate