Cemetery key

You need help? Check the general infos or post your question here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

rearrow

Re: Cemetery key

Post by rearrow »

yeah ik. some of my best friends are mages.

not all lvl buyers are bad too. in fact ryaca himself doesnt use his lvl to kill others wantomly. i respect that.

wish he had been in ft from the start. i do beleave he is trying to help the game and others.

but many do not realise how much different the first 3years of ft was and many of his and other 'newbies' posts are hurting what those players who did take 4years to slowly lvl up and build their cities.
They havent had the experience we have of complete cities being lost because of a change. or the gold reserve you build up by farming ribes for 1.5years becoming worthless overnight.
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

rearrow wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:14 pm yeah ik. some of my best friends are mages.

not all lvl buyers are bad too. in fact ryaca himself doesnt use his lvl to kill others wantomly. i respect that.

wish he had been in ft from the start. i do beleave he is trying to help the game and others.

but many do not realise how much different the first 3years of ft was and many of his and other 'newbies' posts are hurting what those players who did take 4years to slowly lvl up and build their cities.
They havent had the experience we have of complete cities being lost because of a change. or the gold reserve you build up by farming ribes for 1.5years becoming worthless overnight.
I know very well of what you speak of.
What I wasn't here for, I read about.
Many things have happened in the game that I'm not entirely happy with.
Game changes I'm not fond of. Bugs that don't get fixed in time, and someone ends up getting the short end of the stick (when they don't deserve it). It happens, sadly.

On the positive side, I can say I see changes that I am fond of.
Most of those in the game I don't need to mention - as you're aware of them, and many we'll agree on.

The ones that I'm the most happy with - things have been changing behind the scenes - albeit, very slowly in some cases.
Every time I get angry with FT over something, something else happens and makes me think "Ok, there's the original potential I saw, coming back again". And I find myself lured back in :lol:

The game is not perfect - and it's a constant work in progress. That has it's good sides and bad. Updates are always coming, which is good. Bugs always will happen, which is bad. So, we just go with the flow, and try and fix issues as they come up.

Just yesterday, we finally nailed down a nasty bug that's been around quite a while... now, it's not fixed yet, but, now we know how to spot it, and what causes it; also, steps have already been taken to work around it until it's fixed. I'm rather glad, as it's already cost me several hours this week.

You are right, that the game is easier now than it ever was. I miss the old challenge. However, the easing of the game also brings more players, as many now would not be able to play the game where there was no diagonal walking (and all the other non features back then). An mmo with few players, is only a short time away from a non-mmo.

But, as I said, the game is constantly in a state of change. Things will change, some good, some not so good. The game balance is always being looked at, as it's never perfect. Gold is worthless and needs an outlet. Also, clans need to be adjusted in some ways, whether you want it or not, there are dead clans, and there are greedy clans. The idea that one clan can actually have several clans (and their territory) just because they can make alts is not what was intended for the game, I think. These sort of clans will likely need to make decisions and cut back. I'm sorry, but that's the way it goes. A clan can support how many members? 30? Whatever the number is, a clan of 10 players should not be able to maintain multiple clans worth of territory. It's not really logical. In an "action packed rpg", many clan maps don't have a lot of action on them. That will likely change in time.
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

Every time I get angry with FT over something, something else happens and makes me think "Ok, there's the original potential I saw, coming back again". And I find myself lured back in :lol:
So much yes ;)
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
rearrow

Post by rearrow »

im still here, or rather back. the changes ate what keeps ft a challenge and interesting.
i love how quests have become more inyetesting, i like the use of pets.

hobbs came up wirh a great way to reduce the worth of those big gold reserves. his quests cut in them deep.
im sure a way to use clan gold will be found in a future update.
however i find the clan and pvp system seriously flawed as a result of unlimited lvl buying.
originaly it was said not to clan if you didnt want to pvp.
but right now it would be more true to say "dont clan if you cant spend money buying at least 2000lvls.
i think its realy time to put a restriction on killing people x lvls lower, or maybe just make it so that they dont drop if the attacker is lvls higher.

right now we have high lvl players extorting lower lvls to give them rare items or get killed repeatedly.
Its also quiet common that a lower lvl in clan is killed and hunted by one who was killed someone from that clan.

what it comes down to is that if you want to be part of a clan but are not 2k+ you die and drop a lot, often several times a day. this reduces the fun a lot but not being in a clan is worse in my opinion. worki g togetber to certain goals is one of the best parts of ft and it builds real friendships.
friend lists is no replacement. there is no friend chat.
and friend lists are needed to keep aware of enemies as well.
rearrow

Post by rearrow »

on another game i played you could see total hours played. i woyld love that in ft.
on accounts and on clan.
it would give some perspective to a lot of discusdions about accounts and clans.
rearrow

Post by rearrow »

on the subject of small clans.
the reason that some clans are small and even may seem dead if you not on at the right time, is that in the current system a clanmember can rob a clan blind easily.

only a week or so ago we lost about 80 500-1.5k items stored in clan tower to be used by clan members.
probably an invite was an alt and cleaned us out.
In another game i played only higher ranks could access stored items. maybe an idea for future to have different castle types have different accesss. tower access by member+ big castle access only lord+ or something like that.

we getting of topic.
maybe we should start a "proposed changes to.clan syatem" topic
Khmer

Post by Khmer »

rearrow wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:48 pm on the subject of small clans.
the reason that some clans are small and even may seem dead if you not on at the right time, is that in the current system a clanmember can rob a clan blind easily.

only a week or so ago we lost about 80 500-1.5k items stored in clan tower to be used by clan members.
probably an invite was an alt and cleaned us out.
In another game i played only higher ranks could access stored items. maybe an idea for future to have different castle types have different accesss. tower access by member+ big castle access only lord+ or something like that.

we getting of topic.
maybe we should start a "proposed changes to.clan syatem" topic

100% Agree This idea has been floated out there forever and to no avail :x I've suggested that Dukes be able to lock towers...
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

Half of this thread is already off the original topic, so I don't know what "off topic" refers to now...

I'm not in a clan myself and don't care for PvP, but that's a separate post. I don't bother looking into how clans work, but I'm surprised to hear clans can't lock up items. So if I accepted whatever clan invite (annoyingly sent by half of the players I walk past) I could accept and go clean out the storage, and nobody can even be sure who took the items? Not my style, but that makes no sense. I can see inviting your friend you've known for awhile, but random strangers? If that's the case anyone who sends random invites has only themselves to blame.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Leone

Post by Leone »

SellSword wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:53 pm So if I accepted whatever clan invite (annoyingly sent by half of the players I walk past) I could accept and go clean out the storage, and nobody can even be sure who took the items?
It's a yes and no answer to this. A clan has the following structure:

Duke
Lord(s)
Marshall(s)
Member(s)

You join a clan as a member and they cannot access buildings. Any other rank can.
Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

rearrow wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:55 am ok. i confess im having a bit of fun with you ryaca.
your manyposts on the sharing subject rubbed me the wrong way, especially the argument that by sharing an account people had it so easy because they could lvl the account so much faster.

while in fact most of these accounts were created and lvled in times when there were no pets and grinding a lvl took a week. and lvl buying didnt resist or was rare.
So when someone who bought most of his 4k+ lvls or grinded them with the use of pets acuses others who spend thousands more hours grinding their lvls of having it easy bevause they shared and therefor should be punished this realy pissed me off.
And you snitching in others didnt help.
I have no problem with the rule and with comp or gms enforcing it. its compbatants income, and its the gms (volunteer drop). but there is no need for players to snitch on others.

when i then saw you asking gms to correct a mistake you made on purpose I couldnt resist having a little revenge.

i know you gonna get that item back, doesnt matter to me.
You have seen my many posts in forum over the last 5years. you probably realise that i respect grinders, but dont like lvl buyers much.
Since as a non buyer in game pvp means basicly only dying and loosing gear i have become a "forum fighter".
Shame that nobody uses the clan section much anymore, theres some epic fights and propaganda matches in there.

I am rearrow on forum and not rene.
rearrow doesnt like mages much (perverts in dresses), defender of the poor or rather critic of the rich, and first and foremost rear=raw. he will defend raw and its members with any legal means and will never voluntary unclan or leave raw. He wont lie, but might not always tell the whole truth.

RAW RAW RAW UR BOAT
REAR IS ALWAYS RAW
HURTING RAW WONT BE SMART
THAT IS REARS FIRST LAW
rearrow i appreciate your response and appreciate your honesty

Yes you are correct. I have rubbed many the wrong way. I have a bad habit of mistaking my opinion as fact.

My posts can definitely be described as noob posts. You and i are different players and have been shaped differently from FT History. You have been around since the beginning so you have seen everything and i have not. I certainly appreciate your feedback even though we don't see eye to eye.

The truth is that you have rubbed me wrong at times also and i haven't always responded well to your posts either. So for that i apologize.

I don't harbor any ill will towards you even tho i do get angry sometimes. We are both passionate about the game and i believe that is something that we share in common.

When i was lower level i used to get killed By many higher level players and still do so that is why i don't run around and kill lower levels with reckless abandon. I try to help lower levels to keep FT alive.

I hope that you and i can retain a good forum relationship and in game as well. If you ever see me in game and need help all you have to do is ask and i am at your service.

Again thank you for responding.
BOO!:ghost: