Why was I muted?

You need help? Check the general infos or post your question here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

DaHobbit

Re: Why was I muted?

Post by DaHobbit »

I am the one that muted Matthias. He asked me a rather simple question, which I answered. He continued to ask me the same question in a slightly different way. Then he would question my answer. So I was getting rather annoyed. To make it more annoying, he would stand on a bridge while talking. I would give my usual "do not block the bridge please". He moved at first but I had to teleport him off the bridge (I will usually send someone to the lower left corner of the start map). I had to move him off the bridge a number of times. I will usually send a player a few times and if they continue to block a bridge, I might send them to the maze map. I did not send him there.

During this time, another player began begging for gold. I warned that player to not beg. Matthias argued that the player was allowed to beg. So I explained the rules and told Matthias to stop. He continued. And I muted him.

Yes, he was an outlaw. Yes, he was annoying me. But those are not the reasons he was muted.
DaHobbit - Game Master (GM)
NightBaby

Post by NightBaby »

Hehe... Even Hobbs' NPC has it's own lines😁
Attachments
Screenshot_2018-03-29-10-20-36.png
Screenshot_2018-03-29-10-20-36.png (588.02 KiB) Viewed 2640 times
Does life really get better?
Matthias

Post by Matthias »

DaHobbit wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:55 am I am the one that muted Matthias. He asked me a rather simple question, which I answered. He continued to ask me the same question in a slightly different way. Then he would question my answer. So I was getting rather annoyed. To make it more annoying, he would stand on a bridge while talking. I would give my usual "do not block the bridge please". He moved at first but I had to teleport him off the bridge (I will usually send someone to the lower left corner of the start map). I had to move him off the bridge a number of times. I will usually send a player a few times and if they continue to block a bridge, I might send them to the maze map. I did not send him there.

During this time, another player began begging for gold. I warned that player to not beg. Matthias argued that the player was allowed to beg. So I explained the rules and told Matthias to stop. He continued. And I muted him.

Yes, he was an outlaw. Yes, he was annoying me. But those are not the reasons he was muted.
That clarifies a lot. Thanks.
Black named in game

Matthias - Archer (340)
Kenneth - Mage (110)
Elnathan - Ogre
Timothy - Dwarf

Known languages: English, C++, Java, XML, Python, C#, JS, PHP, Swift, HTML, CSS, Ruby, Kotlin, C, SQL, AJAX, JSON, ASP.
hungry_wolf

Post by hungry_wolf »

Why this post is here and not in 'help wanted' ?
Sword dislike sieging - hungrywolf
Dwarf dislike mining - tarvos
Archer dislike crafting - matcauthon
Ogre dislike fishing - heimdall
Mage dislike magic - ogonbat

Member of Ignobili of Ft

Duke of dead clan FTFR
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

hungry_wolf wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:06 pm Why this post is here and not in 'help wanted' ?
Good point.
As the OP stated, he's new.
I've moved the topic.
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711