Two dumb questions for the price of one

You need help? Check the general infos or post your question here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

SellSword

Two dumb questions for the price of one

Post by SellSword »

I feel that I should know these things, but I don't, so...

Are you supposed to get crafting xp from mithril helms? I've crafted a few and "succeeded in failing" (LostKnight) many more times, but no budging on the xp. Thought I might as well know for sure!

NW corner of map is a clan map, I know that, but what is NW of that? Like I see a friend's name up there? (Hey, bonus double dumb question!)
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
DwarfTank

Re: Two dumb questions for the price of one

Post by DwarfTank »

SellSword wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:16 am I feel that I should know these things, but I don't, so...

Are you supposed to get crafting xp from mithril helms? I've crafted a few and "succeeded in failing" (LostKnight) many more times, but no budging on the xp. Thought I might as well know for sure!

NW corner of map is a clan map, I know that, but what is NW of that? Like I see a friend's name up there? (Hey, bonus double dumb question!)

According to my understanding player should be getting craft experience on anything crafted upon failing to craft.
DwarfTank-lvl2093(Legendary Player)
ShadowHood-lvl2608
"You can lead a human to knowledge but you can't make one think."Kal-Not:2986BH
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

I'll post as a bug if I need to, but need to shovel the driveway real "quick" here...
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

For crafting, while you do get xp from failing, I've heard that you get more xp from low chance items.
Failing on planks is not as good as say, failing on gold plates. My own experiences support this idea.

As for your friend with their name off the map, there is one island clan map accessed from Bank Town (I think it's no longer a secret at this point). That may be where they are... that's my best guess. It is not actually on the map (yet).

Also, some dungeons in the new update *might* be showing improperly; I've really no evidence to support that, except past experience. Like when the coliseum was first added, it showed as the player being under the start map (I think that's been fixed since then).
Without further information, all I can do is speculate.
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
Leone

Post by Leone »

Try something else, sell. Astral robes are easy to gather mats but lowish chance of success. Try maybe 5/10 then chk yr craft xp.
Humble_M

Post by Humble_M »

Here's the info on XP from crafting:

For crafting you get XP every time you fail. The formula is:

XP = 1000 - 10 * craft_chance

For example for crafting planks you have chance 70% so every time you fail you get 1000 - 700 = 300 XP.
Each level in crafting gives you +3% * Trade affinity craft chance.

Game Help:
http://ftmmorpg.dmgamestudio.com/help/
It's good to be the king!
-- History of the World - Part I (1981)

username: Humble_M (Mage)
DaHobbit

Post by DaHobbit »

Exactly as stated above. Because the craft chance on the helmets is so high, you are probably getting xp added to your crafting skill, but it is probably so small that you fail to notice. That is my opinion. If you are sure, we can look into it further.

As for the NW area - out in the ocean - that is another clan map. On the bank town map, there is a lighthouse in the lower left corner by the water. There is also an NPC that can take you to that clan map. If you haven't looked at it, you might take a peak. I tried to make something that looked beautiful, and was much different than other clan maps. The building strategy there is a bit different.
DaHobbit - Game Master (GM)
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

Thank you, all!

I'm sure there is no issue, and with the formula as it is the xp display jump from 10k to 11k or whatever is just taking awhile because I was close to the lower number.

Might take a sight seeing trip to the new clan map and take a peek. Gets some clan players all riled up like me seeing a wall is going to hurt things somehow...
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

SellSword wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:00 am Thank you, all!

I'm sure there is no issue, and with the formula as it is the xp display jump from 10k to 11k or whatever is just taking awhile because I was close to the lower number.

Might take a sight seeing trip to the new clan map and take a peek. Gets some clan players all riled up like me seeing a wall is going to hurt things somehow...
Word of advice... if you go to a clan map, unequip your best gear.
On a clan map, anyone can attack you... even a level 10k player.
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
death911

Post by death911 »

The craft formula is not totally correct.

I craft a lot and try increase craft xp..

Actually u get much less craft xp when your craft fails. So thats why it seems that the craft xp doesn't budge. But yes it increases very slowly.
For example at craft skill 7.
Craft % of astral robe is 51% for archer
So for each craft fail player should get 490 points according to that formula. But actual points is much less like less than 100. I don't know the exact value. Its just an approximation.
So after 10 fails only u get like 1k craft xp. then only it seems to budge. For 1 or 2 fails it won't seem to budge.
What is Death!!
To think our self confidence is lower than that of our enemies is Death!!
Staying alive in battlefield in fear of our enemies is Death!!
Running from our enemy instead of fighting is Death!!