Vetus Lector

You need help? Check the general infos or post your question here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Humble_M

Vetus Lector

Post by Humble_M »

I've been walking around the island, even explored the house, but can't find Vetus Lector. Now, I did pick up the quest to find the Smith's son.

so, I have 2 questions:

1) Am I on the right "path" with the Smith's son quest?
2) Should I pay the "price" (breaks a tool) and enter the cave (toward the bottom right of the northenmost island)?

Thanks!
Last edited by Humble_M on Wed May 23, 2018 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's good to be the king!
-- History of the World - Part I (1981)

username: Humble_M (Mage)
rearrow

Re: Vetus Lector

Post by rearrow »

dont remember vetus lectorbut....
smiths (devil island) son is not on an island. hes at a map with early lvl quests. pm for beter hints.
havent found any cave not worth the entrance fee lol.
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

Vetus Lector is on the northernmost volcano island (-2.-1 if I'm remembering correctly)
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
Humble_M

Post by Humble_M »

blitzcraig wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 6:16 pm Vetus Lector is on the northernmost volcano island (-2.-1 if I'm remembering correctly)
I know this. I asked 2 questions at the top of the post. I'm hoping the answers provide info on WHERE to find Vetus on the island

blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

it's a quite small island... he's off on the right side
⬜ 💣 🌏
Humble_M

Post by Humble_M »

Perfect! Thanks.

blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

very welcome, good luck 🍀
⬜ 💣 🌏
ardesia

Post by ardesia »

Humble_M wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 3:23 pm 1) Am I on the right "path" with the Smith's son quest?
2) Should I pay the "price" (breaks a tool) and enter the cave (toward the bottom right of the northenmost island)?
1) As BlitzCraig says, Vetus Lector is in the small northern island in the upper Kraken map. How to reach him is described here:
https://forum.dmgamestudio.com/viewtopi ... 46&t=14935

2) Once you break the axe to able going downstairs, you will also have to repair a broken portal. That done, you will be able reaching (and returning from) Devil's Island for free. Well, let's say you will not have to pay the ship captain to be shipped to Devils Island, but you will have to spend time to walk there through a long path. Should you do that? The answer is up to you: would you prefer walking a lot for free, or spending gold and sparing time? :)
[GM] ardesia :: Game Admin :: Currently retired
If you need contacting me, write my vasinta forum account a message
rearrow

Post by rearrow »

as a side note. there is another way to get from devil island to the main land for free if you do quests inside the castle.
and there is an new way to devil island since the last update which costs a one time fee (but its dangerous, very strong enemies)
Humble_M

Post by Humble_M »

ardesia wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 11:29 am
2) Once you break the axe to able going downstairs, you will also have to repair a broken portal. That done, you will be able reaching (and returning from) Devil's Island for free. Well, let's say you will not have to pay the ship captain to be shipped to Devils Island, but you will have to spend time to walk there through a long path. Should you do that? The answer is up to you: would you prefer walking a lot for free, or spending gold and sparing time? :)
Would I only need to break pickaxe once? I'm guessing that fixing the portal may require multiple trips, so I just want to prepare for that scenario. Thanks!