Best place to have a house?

You need help? Check the general infos or post your question here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Leone

Re: Best place to have a house?

Post by Leone »

Aside from the crafting, Marteks is central, has a great shop, a portal and the monsters aren't dangerous. All these other things should be considered.
Nahgus

Post by Nahgus »

LostKnight wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:10 pm OFF TOPIC
Well, must try this robe thing. My house isn't as close as suggested BUT not far off track.

Thanks guys....
/OFF TOPIC
ur house isnt really that far away at all and if u need some gold to purchase the robes msg me in game

robes really can boost ur craft if u put some time into it
Ryaca_1 is retired
Nahgus

Post by Nahgus »

Leone wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:23 pm Aside from the crafting, Marteks is central, has a great shop, a portal and the monsters aren't dangerous. All these other things should be considered.
agreed and the stronghold has a magic shop and a gear shop that buys and sells a good variety of weapons and armor
Ryaca_1 is retired
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Nahgus wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:57 am ur house isnt really that far away at all and if u need some gold to purchase the robes msg me in game

robes really can boost ur craft if u put some time into it
I got enough gold, I think, time will tell. If it is faster than mining (which is slow) then I stay with it. But I also like the meteors and souls I get, Could be a mixed emotions thing. But mining for axes to make gold is still there.

Will let you know when I start.
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

Interesting info. I haven't put much time at all towards building crafting skill, so I probably need to do that some day... Certainly would be nice.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

I'll toss it out that I love my house in the northeastern part of Ardesia. As my house is inside the city walls I will not auto walk to it when tapped, so I can mine, chop, or fish from outside of the walls while still using my house.

Crafting astral robes? That does require a short trip up to Martek's and a portal trip over to the pet shop to load up on forest robes. However, I can buy +4 mana pots from the temple right beneath my house (ok, it's really one spot over from being directly beneath my house), so not much walking at all for that.

Low level storage alts are also safe to use as there aren't any swarms that can be dragged over. (Not really hard to get them down there either.)

If you don't mind spending cash you can use the transport service to travel to many places quickly, but there are always the free shortcuts to Hobbs' gold mine as well.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
vlad198401

Post by vlad198401 »

And I think, it's nice to have a house somewhere on South Italian seaside. :lol:
FT`ing life away
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

vlad198401 wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:43 am And I think, it's nice to have a house somewhere on South Italian seaside. :lol:
OH I LIKE THIS IDEA!!!!!!
I am always AFK!
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

SellSword wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:38 am {snip}

Crafting astral robes? That does require a short trip up to Martek's and a portal trip over to the pet shop to load up on forest robes. However, I can buy +4 mana pots from the temple right beneath my house (ok, it's really one spot over from being directly beneath my house), so not much walking at all for that.

{more snip}
When you get to Craft 7 you will find out what I have been noticing this AM. Astral Robes are not a viable option anymore, making far too many robes. I am averaging 3-5 for every 8 robes, this is NOT 35% :( This is my third house full.

So back to crafting 150 plates for me, at Craft 6 they were 14% chance, now 16% change. Yes more time required but better chance at failing and in this exercise failing to succeed is the goal. SLOW and steady isn't so bad. I have decided that Wednesday's is "Craft Levelling" day in FTlandia. SO one day a week I will be making 150 plates ... after I finish this load of robes I have already bought. Plus buy: plate(40) = 1m - sell plate(150) = 13m so there is a tendency to GAIN gold as well. Sounds good to me.

Time to train a Dwarf in mining i think.
I am always AFK!
Humble_M

Post by Humble_M »

150 Plates are a good option, but too bad there aren't more gold deposits in FT land
It's good to be the king!
-- History of the World - Part I (1981)

username: Humble_M (Mage)