East Cave Chest

You need help? Check the general infos or post your question here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

SellSword

East Cave Chest

Post by SellSword »

The other day I hit level 500, so a trip to east cave for a new round of chests was in order. Link to a great thread with help on keys here: https://forum.dmgamestudio.com/viewtopi ... =4&t=13447

I cleaned out the cave before at 250+ and opened all chests that time, so I just needed to grab the 16 room keys and get the loot. However, when I opened the door with the white key (bottom row and second from left, or "B2" as referred to in the other thread) I got a message that the chest on the left side was locked.
The chest is locked: Show
Screenshot_2018_08_11_08_42_07__1534049840_28273.jpg
I can't recall what the chest was on the right, but I got that without issue. Trying to open that chest on the right again gives the regular message about not being able to open the chest again (until 750-999).
You are unable to retrieve any items from the chest at this time: Show
Screenshot_2018_08_11_23_35_26__1534049883_53105.jpg
I was sure I'd unlocked it before, but I needed keys for other rooms anyhow and went back to collecting those. In doing so I picked up another white key for the room as well as orange, bright orange, neon yellow, and blue keys as the only available chest keys. Go back to the room and get the message again stating "the chest is locked."

My Questions

If this is a chest I can open at level 500, what is the key I need for this?

If there isn't anything in the chest until later levels that's fine, but shouldn't it state the message about not being able to retrieve items at this time?

Is this a bug that I need to report?
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Nahgus

Re: East Cave Chest

Post by Nahgus »

if i remember correctly if it says not at this time a quest needs to be activated before u can open it
Ryaca_1 is retired
Leone

Post by Leone »

SellSword

Post by SellSword »

Leone wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:19 am You should find your answer here:

https://forum.dmgamestudio.com/viewtopi ... ve+diagram
The problem is that I have the key for the chest according to that diagram. The diagram says it's a blue key for the chest and I had a blue key in my backpack the second time I went in the room. I also had the other three chest key colors as well, just in case. So if that chest is locked requiring another key to open (DaHobbit also said only room keys would be needed) the key isn't dropped in the cave.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

@ SellSword

The chests in Room B-2, as you stated, requires: Blue, Bright Orange chest keys andthe chest you describe requires the Blue key.

If you can't open it, talk to a GM A.S.A.P. Looks like you might have missed it first go and you should have 2 items in there to get.

Are you saying the 500-749 room doesn't drop "Blue or Bright Orange" chest keys?
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

Assassins drop keys for both 500-749 chests and doors, and not much different from shadow zombies for earlier keys. I had a blue key (and the other three) on me, which is why I'm confused.

I'll contact a GM, because even if I did miss it the first time through and never unlocked the chest I think I should be able to the next time. If someone visits east cave for the first time at level 1200 they would miss the first three rounds of loot of course, but getting the last round should still be an option.

Thanks for the input everyone.
Leone

Post by Leone »

Not quite. I visited the cave at 750+ and was able to get the loot for 250, 500 and 750 - but then I had to get 3 sets of keys.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

Leone wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:18 pm Not quite. I visited the cave at 750+ and was able to get the loot for 250, 500 and 750 - but then I had to get 3 sets of keys.
I'll bring my blue key I have now and go for a second blue key, plus obviously a white key for the door. If that doesn't work it'll be PM to the GM time. Thanks again!
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Leone wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:18 pm Not quite. I visited the cave at 750+ and was able to get the loot for 250, 500 and 750 - but then I had to get 3 sets of keys.
This I do not understand. Hobbs said, once the chest is open all you need is door keys.

Therefore you should only have need the chest keys once to get the loot. Hmmmmm
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
Leone

Post by Leone »

Sorry - my poor explaining and you're right. I meant door keys not chest keys. That means SS is no better off.