Needs to be HONEST

You need help? Check the general infos or post your question here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

cello117

Needs to be HONEST

Post by cello117 »

Hi guys, look what happened to me this week. a comrade offered me 500m in my necklace lv 300. I accepted the 500, but in 2 minutes it weighed consciously for being a very expansive value, so I returned 300m to him.

that way I felt much better and with a clear conscience for doing the right thing.

he was happy of life and he super thanked!

What would you do ????

Swordsman cello lv 1203
Attachments
Screenshot_20180915-213352.png
Screenshot_20180915-213352.png (570.58 KiB) Viewed 3433 times
Cello 2,4k

MarBow

KoT
MadMagus

Re: Needs to be HONEST

Post by MadMagus »

In a player driven economy, price is always what someone is willing to pay.
The impatient (or desperate) will usually pay more.
If a price is agreed upon, it can be considered an insult to some if you try to give money back.
It all depends on context - and how rich that player is. A billionaire may not react the same as one who spent all their gold in the purchase.

As for my own pricing of goods, it depends a lot on what I know of the player, and their manners.
A rude player that I don't know will have to pay more, simple as that.
If I know them to be a player who deliberately gives others trouble, or breaks rules regularly, I likely won't sell to them at all.
A polite player I don't know may get market value, or a slight discount if I'm in a good mood - sometimes, even free if the item isn't very valuable to me.
A player that I'm fond of will typically get a discount, or a freebie - or at least I'll try to do that, as they will typically refuse and argue with me on it :lol:

All that said, for a player I don't know, I'd likely not refund after an agreed price and trade.
However, if they were polite in the first place, I'd likely not have charged that much to begin with.
You called me strong, you called me weak
But still your secrets I will keep
You took for granted all the times I
Never let you down
You stumbled in and bumped your head, if
Not for me then you'd be dead
I picked you up and put you back
On solid ground
witch

Post by witch »

cello117 wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:39 pm Hi guys, look what happened to me this week. a comrade offered me 500m in my necklace lv 300. I accepted the 500, but in 2 minutes it weighed consciously for being a very expansive value, so I returned 300m to him.

that way I felt much better and with a clear conscience for doing the right thing.

he was happy of life and he super thanked!

What would you do ????

Swordsman cello lv 1203
Hi cello (^.^)/ , i would like to say just few words , the world needs more ppl like you ! ..it feels so good to do the right thing right ? And being nice and honest it doesnt cost anything . Well done !👏👏
Walking through the darkness, i shall not fear , the moon my light, my shadow is the only one that walks beside me and some stars guide my path .
SENIOR GM
NOW -> RETIRED GM
Useful Links:
- Forum Rules
- Game Rules
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

Boy, it really does depend...

Some time ago I was chopping or mining or whatever outside my house and a player I somewhat know through forum posts (no real direct commumication though) asked if I had a certain mithril tool to sell. I asked if 200m would be ok, offering a bit of a discount from the going rate. He insisted on 350m or 400m, and I even backed out of one trade to confirm. He had some kind comments, and based on his level alone it should've been no issue at all. Clean conscience on my end.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Nahgus

Post by Nahgus »

give me all ur gold:ghost:
Ryaca_1 is retired
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

I think it is always better to make a mistake being too kind or too generous than having to look over your shoulder for what you could have or should have done. Your trading partner was thankful for your thoughtfulness that is a treasure FT gold can't buy.! I may be going against the flow here but even a kindness to a player deemed undeserving can at times make them pause and reflect. Greed is easy and anyone can be that way but consideration is hard . Great going!!
Retired
Brucepha

Post by Brucepha »

Don't stress gold all to much. In my opinion and experience making friends is way more effective an profitably.
Just keep in mind the ones that wanna use you and the ones that actually are your friends.
All the gold in FT is useless ( except quests) if no one will sell to you.

That being said when I want a item I will pay 5-10x the normal price to get people working and be happy to pay up! When that isn't the case I will just wait to buy at the price I want. Everyone has that option as well but that was kinda of you.