So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

You need help? Check the general infos or post your question here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

ardesia

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

Post by ardesia »

I was adamantine about never leaving FT staff.
Yet, here it is: I resigned yesterday night.

The plan was writing a post about it, right on the spot - but I was too shaken by this change and needed time to find a proper way to word it in a public post.
Well if there is such a proper way, as it seems I cannot find it.

I've loved being in the staff, any single moment of it - even during the hardest days.
This game has so great a community, and the staff group is simply amazing.
It hurts to leave, yet I have to.

I am going to keep on playing - as long as I can - and to be around.
Friends can contact me in forum on my non-staff account vasinta.

(I am locking this post, to give staff members time to comment on it if they so wish - it will be unlocked soon so then everyone can write a reply)
[GM] ardesia :: Game Admin :: Currently retired
If you need contacting me, write my vasinta forum account a message
MadMikael

Re: So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

Post by MadMikael »

There is no easy way to say goodbye.
But ardesia is not alone in this feeling that this path has reached an end.
I knew it over a month ago, but I could not brave to say it.
I am stepping down as well.

There were many good times, and many bad ones.
It has become difficult for me to be here and have good times without remembering the bad, so do not expect to see me around much.
Currently, I'm braving the dangers of Middle-Earth, for the most part; although I am involved in another game with friends as well.
As above, I have an alternate forum account, that I may check on occasion - that would be MadMagus. My friends are welcome to contact me there.
But don't contact me about GM stuff; I'm not interested. I mostly ignore facebook as well.

To any who would bear the mantle of GM in the future, I wish you luck. You'll need it.
Goodbye, my friends.
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
Arachnia

Post by Arachnia »

It seems like a mass exodus by now, but my decision has been built up during the last weeks.

I am leaving the game staff as well.

I want to say good bye to the player base, maybe we happen to meet again.
Retired Game Admin (GM)
For contact with staff, please send a PM to GM Inbox

Useful Links:
- Forum Rules | Game Rules
- Game Help | Monster list | Item list
Akkilles

Post by Akkilles »

WOW what an amazing trip. I'm both happy and sad.
I never thought I would arrive at the end of the line, but here I stand now and I'm proud to thank everyone both players and the staff.
Before I say goodbyes, I would like to thank my former GM colleagues. I would never have come so far in my work without you. You have meant so much to me (both in connection with the game or in real life) and although some of us have retired, I want to say that you should be very proud of what you have done because you have made a difference despite difficult times.
You have proved that the game is in need of positive, courageous, committed, loyal, hard-working, patiently, open hearted people and the most important of all honesty, in order to work as a GM.
I have worked with so many different voluntary work and being a GM in this game is the hardest I've worked with and I will tell this to you who want to be a GM (for you will need it) Good luck and I hope your trip will be worth it at the end of the finish line. Good bye and I hope i will see you again. Allways take care
-=ADMIN.Akkilles=-
👉 Currently retired 👈 --> I hope everyone the best in life.

With great
power

Comes great
Responsibility

Useful link:
GAME RULES
Forum Rules
Arashiko

Post by Arashiko »

A huge THANK YOU to my departing GM friends.

I stand in solidarity with you, having shared the same conflicts between RL responsibilities and the sheer amount of time GM work involves.

To all players, please note. A GM application should not be done lightly.

The workload of our small GM team has increased steadily since I've been a GM.

It has been made harder by those players who cheat, harass, scam and cause grief to other players. Huge amounts of GM time have been spent on investigations this year.

@compbatant has offered to provide more GM tools, to put changes in the game, so that account sharing, autoclicking, scamming will be easier to find and deal with, and for autoclicking and scamming, hopefully prevented altogether.

Of our five active GM, I remain. I will be on start map when I can, but I have other commitments too (e.g. I'm an LGBT activist who volunteers for my local LGBT Community Safety Forum and my city's Rainbow Hub)

The FT world *will* continue. This game has a future, but will rely heavily on @compbatant making these changes.

Do not despair.

Keep your suggestions for game improvement coming. Show @compbatant that you care for this game.

Semper fi
Arashiko Senior GM (RETIRED )
Now playing again as Arozel.

Leone

Post by Leone »

Such a shame. All GMs do an amazing job voluntarily and have earned my full respect and thanks. I hope we find out the reasons why, but that is for another forum thread. In this one, I want to say a huge thank you to those leaving. I will miss you all.
hungry_wolf

Post by hungry_wolf »

thank you Arashiko, this reply is a blow of air for all

i ll go on play and support, if i can help in any way i m available, as i ve always been

anyway, as i wrote in another thread,

a formal communication by compbatand should be published, in polish if he's not sure enough in english and we translate

but is clear that something relevant happened, and , with all my respect to you (i underline respect) , this time the owner CANNOT delegate another person

to speak for him

regards
Sword dislike sieging - hungrywolf
Dwarf dislike mining - tarvos
Archer dislike crafting - matcauthon
Ogre dislike fishing - heimdall
Mage dislike magic - ogonbat

Member of Ignobili of Ft

Duke of dead clan FTFR
gguggu

Post by gguggu »

Leone wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:43 pm Such a shame. All GMs do an amazing job voluntarily and have earned my full respect and thanks. I hope we find out the reasons why, but that is for another forum thread. In this one, I want to say a huge thank you to those leaving. I will miss you all.

Quoto al 100%

Ardesia , Archinia e Mad. ty very much for all.

:cry:
ITALIA

VERDEBIANCOROSSO
vasinta

Post by vasinta »

This is it, as far as I'm concerned: my life is very complicated at the moment.
I am moving to another city.
This means moving myself and husband, six cats (two of them sick), my father and a couple of very old aunt&uncle (who, sadly, are soon going to need more active caring than before).
In the meanwhile, I have my job to take care of.
Some weeks ago I've set myself as "inactive admin" in the hope of things to solve up quickly.
Unfortunately, they are not.
I cannot dedicate time to admin's work at the current time, nor I can foresee a change in the future time.
Since I don't like keeping things pending, I believe it better to be openly declared, and thus I resigned.

As far as I know of, compbatant does care for his game and is not going to abandon it. Please remember the most part of his work is done in the background, out of players' sight :)
--
:popcorn: ardesia's other forum account
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

Yes, a big thank you to all who have served, and to Arashiko and others who may become active.

I agree mostly with hungry_wolf on a message from compbatant. I've mentioned it in other threads, but this is a major low point and he should provide some sort of a message about what will happen going forward to reassure players.

I do not want to bury my main message though: thank you!
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.