Player abuse

You need help? Check the general infos or post your question here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

TangledSwerve

Player abuse

Post by TangledSwerve »

I encountered a player called Herrero at 3,3 whilst playing on ArfArf. He tried to buy premium pets from Cedric . He then proceeded to drag Fairies to my spot at the red crocs & killed my recently acquired pets.

I want this player banned outright! All accounts. Not only did he cost me money, he tried to do this to other players with their premium purchases. Purely because we did not sell in-game store items to him.

This is absolutely disgusting behaviour. He would be IP blocked for doing this on any server I ran.

Unfortunately, I cannot provide a screen shot of the exact time, as my tablet doesn't allow that. By my position was map 3,3, approximate pos 19,73, approx time 23:50, 16-04-19,
white arch

Re: Player abuse

Post by white arch »

I see u cry a lot 😜
TangledSwerve

Post by TangledSwerve »

I'm not in the mood to entertain trollish children, White Arch. This player is a legitimate burden to the game.
Last edited by TangledSwerve on Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
NightBaby

Post by NightBaby »

Yes this is wrong 100%
But, you'll encounter this a lot sadly. All I can say is if you see someone coming with a big spawn behind them...log or run away to try and prevent you or your pets dying
Does life really get better?
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

Definitely not something that reflects well on anyone who would do such a thing, but it has been stated repeatedly that pets are the responsibility of the owner. You need to keep an eye on the mini map and protect both yourself and your pets.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
terminator

Post by terminator »

Wow I didn't know you had a forum account white arch. Anyways back to topic, this is a bit of a hard one to answer of type due to inability of proof. Even with screen shots it's hard to prove his intent without repeated similar reports. Muting is the only punishment that can be implemented purely from one screenshot or report from one player. While this can be sort of looked at, it's hard to do anything, because the server doesn't outright say what occurred. Not sure if this helps at all, I'm sorry you lost pets like many others, but the inability to prove guilt of player makes this very hard to punish. It is much easier to watch and be responsible over own pets, such described by Night baby and sellsword, than to punish another for this type of action.
Terminator-2000+() archer
Terminator3-85()dwarf
Terminator4-175()Mage
xMortalZ-227 Dwarf
My quest is to promote the future and prevent ill history from repeating itself.
ryaca_

Post by ryaca_ »

I will shadow this player for awhile

Is that the EXACT spelling of players name? Caps and all?
TangledSwerve

Post by TangledSwerve »

ryaca_ wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:41 am I will shadow this player for awhile

Is that the EXACT spelling of players name? Caps and all?
I can't be a hundred percent sure, I didn't actually interact with him, but I believe so. He has done this several times to other players I associate with on this and the adjacent map where the huntresses & Red Crocs are, however.

He knew where exactly we were , because he'd attempted to buy in-game pets off us both. And lvl 104 (Give or take) So, the fairies being pulled towards us was not an innocent mistake.
TangledSwerve

Post by TangledSwerve »

NightBaby wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:26 am Yes this is wrong 100%
But, you'll encounter this a lot sadly. All I can say is if you see someone coming with a big spawn behind them...log or run away to try and prevent you or your pets dying
Unfortunately, I was trying to warn the other player I was accompanying at the time. I did double log too, just too late. My concern is more that he is repeatedly doing this, (I've had two other recent reports about the guy in as many days)

He's basically been trying to get a bought item for very little & using the spawn in a malicious way when his expectation isn't met.
TangledSwerve

Post by TangledSwerve »

terminator wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:29 am Wow I didn't know you had a forum account white arch. Anyways back to topic, this is a bit of a hard one to answer of type due to inability of proof. Even with screen shots it's hard to prove his intent without repeated similar reports. Muting is the only punishment that can be implemented purely from one screenshot or report from one player. While this can be sort of looked at, it's hard to do anything, because the server doesn't outright say what occurred. Not sure if this helps at all, I'm sorry you lost pets like many others, but the inability to prove guilt of player makes this very hard to punish. It is much easier to watch and be responsible over own pets, such described by Night baby and sellsword, than to punish another for this type of action.
I can understand that from a GM point of view. However, the circumstances were more malign than simply not protecting our purchase. The guy has been lurking on those maps doing pretty much this sort of thing repeatedly. There are two others I know of that can account for that.

It's one thing if it's an innocent mistake, but when someone is going out of their way to cause monetary loss to other players or trying to extort, I'd be concerned.