Pet dexterity vs pvm dexterity

You need help? Check the general infos or post your question here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

LostKnight

Re: Pet dexterity vs pvm dexterity

Post by LostKnight »

Thank you.
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

Actually, the difference between "Always hit" and "always critical hit" CAN be a large one. Any attack roll that hits still has the opponent's ARM reduced from the damage, except in cases of "critical hits". No ARM reduction of damage occurs during a critical hit. Since only a critical hit can deal damage if Dex of opponents is 6+ of your own, hits like that always add up without ARM calculated.
Omnes Autem Uri
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

madmaniacal1 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:25 pm Actually, the difference between "Always hit" and "always critical hit" CAN be a large one. Any attack roll that hits still has the opponent's ARM reduced from the damage, except in cases of "critical hits". No ARM reduction of damage occurs during a critical hit. Since only a critical hit can deal damage if Dex of opponents is 6+ of your own, hits like that always add up without ARM calculated.
:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
OK now I an officially really confused.

So a swordsman does not have "Always Critical Hit" Just "Always Hit" which indicats to me that there is a chance he misses if not used. GREAT! NOT!!!!!!

Now I just have no idea what is what ...
a regular hit reduces opponents ARM, and
a critical hit does not reduce ARM and only deals damage when his DEX is greater than 6 more than yours?

"Excuse me, before we fight, what's your DEX? I need to know if my skill will work!"

You know what!
Just give me Double Damage, Double Speed, or Fury Sword those I understand.
I am always AFK!
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

LostKnight wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:09 am
madmaniacal1 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:25 pm Actually, the difference between "Always hit" and "always critical hit" CAN be a large one. Any attack roll that hits still has the opponent's ARM reduced from the damage, except in cases of "critical hits". No ARM reduction of damage occurs during a critical hit. Since only a critical hit can deal damage if Dex of opponents is 6+ of your own, hits like that always add up without ARM calculated.
OK now I an officially really confused.

So a swordsman does not have "Always Critical Hit" Just "Always Hit" which indicats to me that there is a chance he misses if not used. GREAT! NOT!!!!!!

Now I just have no idea what is what ...
a regular hit reduces opponents ARM, and
a critical hit does not reduce ARM and only deals damage when his DEX is greater than 6 more than yours?

"Excuse me, before we fight, what's your DEX? I need to know if my skill will work!"

You know what!
Just give me Double Damage, Double Speed, or Fury Sword those I understand.
I'm sorry if i confused you, as it actually seems simple to me.
If your dex is 6 higher than your opponent, your hits WILL, in fact, always hit. However, rng is still a factor in determining critical hits. Critical hits do not reduce enemy ARM, but bypass it entirely.
Omnes Autem Uri
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

madmaniacal1 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:09 am I'm sorry if i confused you, as it actually seems simple to me.
If your dex is 6 higher than your opponent, your hits WILL, in fact, always hit. However, rng is still a factor in determining critical hits. Critical hits do not reduce enemy ARM, but bypass it entirely.
Still don't know if the skill is "Always hit", as it says, or "Always Critical Hit" as some refer to it in the forum.

Now if "Always Hit" it means while it use it's like the guy or gal is just wearing a loin cloth, and a halter in case of women, then I have an understanding.

rng? Range? Here we go again.
I am always AFK!
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

According to the game manual for swordsman this is the first skill

Always Hit - All attacks are critical hits. (Level 30)

I infer that this is subject to the dex rules and is not a one size fits all skill. If +6 then every hit during that duration is critical.
Retired
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

I just know to use it when attacking almost anything! :smiley:
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
ryaca_

Post by ryaca_ »

always hit bypasses dex which is why is called always hit

and when it is used it hits for critical damage every time.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

ryaca_ wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:08 am always hit bypasses dex which is why is called always hit

and when it is used it hits for critical damage every time.
That's what I was looking for.... NOW I understand why people say: Best skill in the game.
Even while 8 others are chewing away at my HP :D

Thank you Ry.
I am always AFK!
ryaca_

Post by ryaca_ »

yw