Pet dexterity vs pvm dexterity

You need help? Check the general infos or post your question here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Gullander

Pet dexterity vs pvm dexterity

Post by Gullander »

My swordsman has ghost archer pets and the listed dexterity for them as opposing monsters is 90. However when I took them to Hobbs Gold mine to try fighting earthworms they were able to damage them even though the earthworm dexterity is 150! So my question is do pets have different stats than free range counterparts in the game? If so I would like to see a pet purchase stat sheet made available. Or do pets have "skills" like the swordsman max hit for short durations. I'd appreciate an explanation.
Retired
LostKnight

Re: Pet dexterity vs pvm dexterity

Post by LostKnight »

ditto
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
terminator

Post by terminator »

I believe they still follow the same rule as people, you might have just gotten lucky? i am not sure on this one
Terminator-2000+() archer
Terminator3-85()dwarf
Terminator4-175()Mage
xMortalZ-227 Dwarf
My quest is to promote the future and prevent ill history from repeating itself.
Leone

Post by Leone »

I await proper clarification but my take on it is this:

Having much higher dex than a pvm enemy doesn't mean you are invulnerable from their attacks. Reverse this and it means your pets can attack and damage monsters with higher dex.

Edit: I've basically repeated term' s point! Sorry about that:)
Humble_M

Post by Humble_M »

Based on game help, I think if the attack dice roll is 5 or 6, that's a "hit" regardless of dex
It's good to be the king!
-- History of the World - Part I (1981)

username: Humble_M (Mage)
ryaca_

Post by ryaca_ »

critical hits always hit opponents regardless of players/pets dexterity. this is why players lose health even when their dex is 6 or higher above the monsters they are grinding.

gullander click the monster list in my signature to see monster stats. this will lead you to a page with a link to google sheets. click that link.
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

Thank you all. It was one worm against two ghost archers and they did get it down to half hp before I quit the experiment. This always a chance of a hit despite dexterity would also explain how I've seen level 5-6 players get a level "helping" me fight a superior monster.
Retired
Mr_Maks

Post by Mr_Maks »

Ghost archers have attack every 0,5 mc.So if they have so fast attack speed they will got critical attack faster.
But still random plays a big role in this.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Now that I'm reading ... things are going "click".

When we first create and spawn; Bob(0) at 0.0, there is an NPC that talks about DEX, and then more recently Kukgan's Tutorial talks about the DEX +6 rule of thumb. GREAT for new players. And helps at lower levels like crazy.

I remember in my early game thinking, "There is a chance of 'missing' when attacking - Hmmmmm!"
And that came about from seeing the skill: (30) - Always hit.

Here's where a swordsman's skill for level 30 is a mislabelled skill, and why I always look at that as a "DUH!", it is misleading to new players! And people all over the forum state, "A swordsman's skill 'Always hit' is the best still in the game. It's a misused term that is misleading.

Suggested change: (30) -Always critical hit. - which will dispel any confusion.

But as we "grow" we learn about the difference between "hit", and "critical hit". That a "critical hit" will "always" cause damage. Now how much damage, I would hazard a guess, depends heavily on a persons STR.
Humble_M wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:17 am Based on game help, I think if the attack dice roll is 5 or 6, that's a "hit" regardless of dex
I think Humble_M, or the game help, means "critical hit" here. I hope that players, not so much for monsters, "always hit" and for players or monsters it is the 5 or 6 roll of the dice that causes the "critical hit" factor.

Now, I think this is more to the question hand. Let's take Green Spiders pets.
Buy in Pet Shop at level 125 for 2m each or at lvl 112 for REAL $$

From the enemy list:

Code: Select all

ID: 87 Name: Green Spider (lvl 56)
DMG: 250 ARM: 120    DEX: 75
SPD: 11  RNG: 1     FREC: 1000
 HP: 4000 XP: 4000 XP/HP: 10,00
Of course for pets there is no drop or XP or XP/HP

2 questions:
  1. Are Green Spider Pet "stats" identical to the Green Spider Monsters seen in the wild?
  2. And, is this the same for ALL pets vs their equivalent "pv"Monsters?
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
ryaca_

Post by ryaca_ »

yes to both