touch to move

You need help? Check the general infos or post your question here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

LostKnight

Re: touch to move

Post by LostKnight »

SellSword wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:55 pm
LostKnight wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:52 pm And sometimes my character does a little 2-step, like a " z " or " N " and the pets "wait" and then he walks 5 or 6 steps and stops. HUH?¿?
Same here, but not all the time. It's not something I can say was right after logging in, or right after chopping, or any other situation. Then it will go away, possibly on its own or possibly me moving around?
Yea, I cannot pin it down to "when" either, seems to be random.
I know this ... if I tap the screen, in the direction I want to go and when I get there the d-pad seems to work again - most times. :roll:
Mr_Maks wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:02 pm {...snip...} the finger slipped and I clicked on the terrain and the character ran to it and had to make spawn again and again.Because of this, I completely abandoned the movement by typing on the screen and completely switched to moving with the joystick.
Yea, I can see where that would be a "deadly move" for a mage/fairy and at times does the same for my swordsman is I don't hit a skill just right. {sigh}
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
El.Menda

Post by El.Menda »

A mí me pasa con mi teléfono. Por eso uso joistyck
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

ryaca_ wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:00 am hi. i usually play with the dpad but decided to try out the touch to move option. im having trouble when i get to the edge of the screen to move to the next map. ihave to touch the edge of the map several times to switch maps. does anyone else have this problem?
I noticed just now that I move to the next map when I am several spaces away. If this is an intentional update I guess it works to avoid issues crossing map borders, but it's difficult to tell when you'll cross. If there is anything on the fringes of a map it will be tough to get to...

Interesting to see how this turns out.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
ryaca_

Post by ryaca_ »

so this may have been changed?
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

SellSword wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:49 am
ryaca_ wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:00 am hi. i usually play with the dpad but decided to try out the touch to move option. im having trouble when i get to the edge of the screen to move to the next map. ihave to touch the edge of the map several times to switch maps. does anyone else have this problem?
I noticed just now that I move to the next map when I am several spaces away. If this is an intentional update I guess it works to avoid issues crossing map borders, but it's difficult to tell when you'll cross. If there is anything on the fringes of a map it will be tough to get to...

Interesting to see how this turns out.
ryaca_ wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:15 am so this may have been changed?
Yea, in 6.8 as well. And when you cross the map, not as close to the edge as it use to be. Looks like about 2 paces.
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

It'll take a bit of getting used to, but unless something is right on a map edge it shouldn't be an issue. I don't know if this could create an issue crossing the border and you find yourself on top of an object.

Assuming those are not issues players will find a few paths that skirted the map edge to no longer be an option and require a bit of a rerouting. Some players might need to get over their "map memory" issues, but no biggie.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
ryaca_

Post by ryaca_ »

maybe i will switch BACK
Mr_Maks

Post by Mr_Maks »

+Players will cant hide behind the buttons and minimap.
+Sometimes a character would get stuck between trees or stones right after switching to another map.Now i think it not will be.
+Bug with moving by pressing corrected.
-If there are NPCs that stand close to the edge of the map, they will have to be moved bc player will can not talk with him.
Leone

Post by Leone »

Huge change this. It's much easier to navigate with touch screen.

I agree with maks assessment. If anyone encounters the npc issue, they should report it to help other players.
compbatant
Site Admin

Post by compbatant »

Yes I increased map border size for moving character to the next map. I should make it long time ago ;) If there will be some NPC or other objects problems because of that change please inform me and I will move that object.