King's Garden Quests

You need help? Check the general infos or post your question here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Humble_M

King's Garden Quests

Post by Humble_M »

A few questions, comments, concerns about the King's Garden Quests:

1) Heal 4 Diseased Trees
: Show
I've picked up all 4 of these quests, but uncertain which quantity of the mana and HP is required. Based on the pictures, it appears that +200 Mana and <unknown> HP potion is required. I For now, I want to focus on the mana. If it is indeed +200, then I see a game mechanic issue. Based on the item.txt file, there are only 2 chests and 2 quests that give this item, in addition to drops from the pharaoh. Given that the pharaoh is a tri-user fight, I'll never encounter it. Also, usually the quest log indicates how many of a specific item is needed - not happening with this quest (as of now)

a) Is there another way to get +200 mana (assuming these are required)?
b) Is there another part of the quest which, when complete, will then identify the specific mana and HP, plus the quantities needed?
2) Heavenly Shield
: Show
The quest log indicates that bandits will drop the shield. So far, I've only encountered Robber Club Stan and Robber Bow Stan.

a) Are these the "bandits"?
b) If not, where to find them?
Thanks!
It's good to be the king!
-- History of the World - Part I (1981)

username: Humble_M (Mage)
SellSword

Re: King's Garden Quests

Post by SellSword »

For the trees you do need the +200 mana pots and the +20k hp pots, and one of each per tree.

There is a shop in fortress aetor that sometimes sells these particular pots. I thought I had seen/heard something like a 50% the shop has nothing to sell, 25% to buy an hp pot, and 25% to buy a mana pot. Both of the pots cost 50m each. I've seen them sold at spawn often enough, but expect the usual markup.

EDIT: You can only attempt one purchase per FT day, so getting what you want isn't fast...

For the 350 shield it isn't a drop, but you'll get to it as you proceed in the quests. Send me a PM if you'd like particulars, but keep going and you will find.
Last edited by SellSword on Mon May 20, 2019 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Humble_M

Post by Humble_M »

Thanks!

p.s. I'm sure that at some point, someone with better understanding of the game editor, will update the items files (info and location, respectively)...eventually!
It's good to be the king!
-- History of the World - Part I (1981)

username: Humble_M (Mage)
Leone

Post by Leone »

I think it's a 350 shield, but regardless of level you don't need it until the end.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Leone wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 2:17 am I think it's a 350 shield, but regardless of level you don't need it until the end.
Correct a blue Heavenly Shield(350)
I was always AFK!
I was LK, A Friendly Knight.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

Why in the world am I saying 500 shield... Edited!
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

SellSword wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 3:59 am Why in the world am I saying 500 shield... Edited!
That's easy.

The 500 shield is black, you wear black armour.

Grahf

Post by Grahf »

Also something I've learned about the tree quest and dog quest alike is if you go and use your action button (i don't know what its actually called but the button with your weapon in it you use to attack and interact) on any of the trees or buckets a new quest log is added (after some dialogue) to the quest book saying what is needed and how much of this item per tree/bucket is needed like for example it said you needed a 200 mana and 20k hp potion for each tree

Thought I'd include this info incase any future quest maybe like this
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Grahf wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 7:59 pm Also something I've learned about the tree quest and dog quest alike is if you go and use your action button (i don't know what its actually called but the button with your weapon in it you use to attack and interact) on any of the trees or buckets a new quest log is added (after some dialogue) to the quest book saying what is needed and how much of this item per tree/bucket is needed like for example it said you needed a 200 mana and 20k hp potion for each tree

Thought I'd include this info incase any future quest maybe like this
"Attack Button" - I use it with all NPCs and those bridges and trees with a (?) are NPCs

Walk up with the "JoyStick" and "Attack" the NPC :) They are very nice about it. Most just talk.
I was always AFK!
I was LK, A Friendly Knight.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

Unfortunately, many also want gold to do that talking... An actual attack might lower the price a bit! :lol: