Please respawn back pets and banned player!

You need help? Check the general infos or post your question here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Mir123f

Re: Please respawn back pets and banned player!

Post by Mir123f »

Ну отпустите меня пожалусто мой ник dimassssss с уважением от меня.
TangledSwerve

Post by TangledSwerve »

LostKnight wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:09 pm
maxmra2016 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:16 pm {snip}
Nickname: dimassssss
{snip}
Yea, I know that name. Not a good guy. And unfortunately killing pets, even on purpose, is not a crime in this game.

And as stated in many places in the game, "Pets are your responsibility." You will have to replace them yourself.

My personal opinion, if it can be proved that a player dragged a spawn to your pets, then they should be punished.

Also are you in a clan? That would change a few things.
I going to have to disagree with you there, Lost Knight. It is against the rules and I have successfully reported several players who have repeatedly done this sort of thing, either to me or associates.

What their punishment was, I am unaware of, however. As I've stated several times now, any player who continually pursues this sort of antisocial behaviour deserves to have an account ban. These individuals often rack up accumulative damages to tune of $100 plus in some cases. Which in the short-term might add to owners coffers, if replaced via the appstore, but in the long term it is an excellent way to lose players who actually financially support the game.
TangledSwerve

Post by TangledSwerve »

ryaca_ wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:23 pm
Pets will die and many players feel very passionate about losing their pets. Pet killers will never be punished. Pets are the owners responsibility.

Before I was GM I saw spawn killing happen many times. This will happen. be aware of your surroundings. Do not train mobs in a place where mobs will kill you or your pets if they are over spawned. Watch your mini map. Be aware of danger. Play smart.
Frankly, I'm dismayed by this stance and a perspective that is contrary to discussion I have had with other GM staff. And certainly contrary to the majority of players who have experienced this and contuinally voiced that they want something done about what has clearly been an issue for several years now.

It is a tactic of several players (Too many, in fact) I've now encountered now, who will repeatedly drag swarms across maps because they are being malicious and genuinely trying to ruin the experience of others (Covered pretty sufficiently in rule 9), cause financial loss out of spite. It is not reassuring to hear that this not viewed as an issue worth acting on.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

TangledSwerve wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:56 pm I going to have to disagree with you there, Lost Knight. It is against the rules and I have successfully reported several players who have repeatedly done this sort of thing, either to me or associates.
I'm sure LK will clarify, but you're actually on the same page on this issue.

That being said, there have actually been numerous GM posts about pets being the responsibility of the owners. It is true that things may change over time, but if you read past forum posts on the matter you will see that has been made rather clear.

As for the rules, yes, it can be punished... as long as you make sure you are reading through to the end of rule 9 and making sure those criteria are met. Read how the team builds on the responses. Rule 9b? It says "excessive abuse" is what triggers a GM response.

Yeah, it might be against the rules. That's pretty much the "continually" part you mention, but probably not an immediate response.

Now, don't take that to mean I disagree with you because I sure don't. I'm pretty sure I'm on the record a few dozen times on that!

[Edit, probably lots if other posts in between...]
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

TangledSwerve wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:56 pm
LostKnight wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:09 pm {snip}
And as stated in many places in the game, "Pets are your responsibility." You will have to replace them yourself.
{snip}
I going to have to disagree with you there, Lost Knight. It is against the rules and I have successfully reported several players who have repeatedly done this sort of thing, either to me or associates.

What their punishment was, I am unaware of, however. As I've stated several times now, any player who continually pursues this sort of antisocial behaviour deserves to have an account ban. These individuals often rack up accumulative damages to tune of $100 plus in some cases. Which in the short-term might add to owners coffers, if replaced via the appstore, but in the long term it is an excellent way to lose players who actually financially support the game.
Oh how I wish that was true, but ryaca says otherwise only two days ago.

I quote him from that post:
ryaca_ wrote:Pets will die and many players feel very passionate about losing their pets. Pet killers will never be punished. Pets are the owners responsibility.
italics mine

I see nothing in the rules that indicate pet killing is against the rules and have been told the opposite since I started playing. Now dragging a spawn to a player is a different story.

I have tried to understand why killing a pet, that dies and must be purchased again, is not punishable but killing a player, that re-spawns, is.
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
TangledSwerve

Post by TangledSwerve »

I don't have the means to cut and paste with any degree of convenience. But I will simply restate this:

In previous discussions with other GM staff, it was underlined that pet killing in the manner described is in fact, against the rules, specifically rule 9b. And to say that it will not be punished, flies in the face of what already has occurred.The numerous players I reported for this exact thing (Repeat offenders, I might add) were punished. Also, I have previously been assured by GM staff in private message that this issue was to be treated with greater seriousness, in the future. Ryaca, however is now directly contradicting it, with this public statement.
LIZARDKING

Post by LIZARDKING »

Just saying that Ryaca as a GM takes care of business. Pet killing being legal or not is not his decision. I rest assured, that if pet killing was against the rules RyacaGM would be happily on the hunt.
LIZARDKING

Post by LIZARDKING »

( And Ryaca has a mic drop ) LOL...
Leone

Post by Leone »

I think there isn't a specific rule on pet killing is because sometimes it's just a 1k player strolling past a 35 player and accidentally spawns too many.

But I repeat my earlier point about pet killers.they are amongst the worst.

Does rule 9b mention pets? No, but it does mean that us honest players have to be consistently honest to be trusted by past, present and future GMs.

Then our reports will be taken seriously.

This current thread highlights two sides of the same story. Who is right and who is wrong or both?

Not specifically to this thread but generally, I'd like to see on this forum punishments for false accusations. That's another discussion.

What can we do? Trust GMs, /info any problems. Provide proof and be honest.

These reports of bad player behaviour lead up to the punishments - and we have seen these can be swift, harsh and in some cases permanent.
Lestat

Post by Lestat »

I'd have to say from all my 5yrs or so playing...if someone got told pet killing was against rules and got people punished...they received preferred treatment..

My guess is..someone got told a "pet killer" was punished just to stop being annoyed...

If I remember correctly, the discussion of "pet killing" was never really even around before real money pets..And even then HOBBS sat at spawn for hours telling people.. Pets are owners responsibility....
It was made clear pet killing wouldn't be punished..

Seems common sense to me...if your pet is half your level and your killing something 3/4 of your level....don't use pets.. And u D@mn sure don't go where mobs that are higher than you can be found..

GMs have not and should not be held responsible for players lack of common sense and poor judgement..
lestat / sword 1038
OgreLes / ogre 2001
Loco / archer 250
-ForKotu- / mage 1143
krampdtyl / dwarf 125
Duke clans ObeY, -OC-