Please respawn back pets and banned player!

You need help? Check the general infos or post your question here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

LIZARDKING

Re: Please respawn back pets and banned player!

Post by LIZARDKING »

I lost both of my bees, deep in the catacombs, today when a player was walking through while I was grinding. The creatures he spawned killed them. Not my fault, but my responsibly. I was not looking at my minimap or., I could have saved the poor critters. This is why pet killing cant be punished. Intention is impossible to determine most of the time. Dont get me wrong...I was not happy. And there are scum of the earth that do this intentionally. I have made such posts in the past simply stating " BEWARE: PLAYER ABC IS A PET KILLER"! Thats really all you can do. Make our community aware of those scumbags. Call them out by name. Vengeance can take place by us.
Lestat

Post by Lestat »

I have a question for ZATRION..

After looking at your posted screenshots, which I should add are posted with the first picture taken at the bottom, if you had dimasss targeted and were above him with a fairy barely visible from the top, why did you engage him again ?

In ss#2(top picture) after you had moved lower on map(toward your opponent(thus dragging a fairy lower)) and engaging him in battle(you now have 1/2 hp, he has 3/4) how can u claim he spawn killed your pets ?

You had ample time, space to avoid contact and/or log. Your pets were waiting far from your battle and there were not as many fairy in ss#1(bottom) as ss#2(top)

You could have saved your pets and stole the pvp battle from dimasss by simply running to the fairies..

As I know of you and dimass, but chose not to associate with either of you, I am not taking any side,I'm just curious to your claim...it appears more that you running from a fight caused the death of your pets, than he dragged them to you.
lestat / sword 1038
OgreLes / ogre 2001
Loco / archer 250
-ForKotu- / mage 1143
krampdtyl / dwarf 125
Duke clans ObeY, -OC-
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

Good points as the pictures seem rather odd with the placement of players and fairies.

I'm SS#3 now! :D
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

Ok. My 2cents regarding this argument boiling in the Help Wanted forum...

So far, everyone seems to agree that pet killers suck. The only ones that would dispute that are the ones that do it intentionally.
Pet killers aren't punished. Thats been established long ago, and isn't likely to change. That's the argument here, from what I see. I understand the revenue that pets bring to game, but that can't be all of it.

From the descriptions that TangledSwerve is giving about those he reported, those players were guilty of spawn killing, along with pet killing. That explains them being punished. Some hound players excessively, which can be taken as 9b violations, but from the sound of this conversation, was not the case. Still spawn killing, still punished.

Ry is a bit gruff (a bit, yeah, laugh), but he does the job pretty well. His forum manner with players could be called "direct", if one was being nice about it. But think on this: GMs deal with the bad side of this game. Whiners, bad players, bugs, and every player that doesn't get everything handed to them come banging on the GM inbox... I'd be grumpy too. H3ll, i been there. I flipped and lost GM over all the drama.

What is this argument solving? Nothing. Will arguing here get the rule changed? No. Will trolling the player or GM get them to change? No.

Enough is enough.
Omnes Autem Uri
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

Putting emotions and personalities aside for the moment here is something to consider. Does the game rules specifically not generally address pet killers. If they don't specifically you can look at general interpretation of aspects of the rule as it has applied to pet killers over time. So have players who have been pet killers actually been jailed for this offence in the past. If so there is a legal/rule precedent that players ought to be able to appeal to. If no players were jailed for this offence then the mention of other GM support of the idea was simply them being diplomatic agreeing something ought to be done but being constrained by the rules themselves can do nothing. And now if the specific and general interpretation of the rules pertinent is that pet killing is a non punishable act then it ought to be added to the rules in a specific way by full agreement of all GM staff. If however the staff has varied opinions how pet killers ought to be handled based on past occurrences a final statement such as has been put forward should be revised or withdrawn. Since as it has been suggested a grievous thing to the players who have been victims the voice of the other GM's would be helpful since this is not a personal GM opinion being said but rather statement of a policy. I think this would help and I hope I have been helpful.
Retired
LordSeth

Post by LordSeth »

The hostility that arose in this thread has been removed and should not be taken to any other public thread topic or chat.
If there is a problem such as what became here simply take it to the inbox. If it continues to be hostile come to me.

I will make this final post very clear.

Pet killers will be punished. I spend hours checking server logs to confirm the possibilities of actions such as this being accidental or intentional if I find a player guilty I jail the player without warning and wait for them to come to me so I can then give a very stern explanation why they are being punished.
If the player does not come to me the account will not be released.

My knowledge on how this is handled came from this post follow the link.
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=14585

Thank you for your understanding if you have any problems don't hesitate to write me.
Game Administrator
LORD SETH
Languages: English
Useful Links:
- General game help
- Quest list
- Forum Rules
- Game Rules
FOLLOW RULES THEY ARE HERE FOR A REASON