trading window problems

You need help? Check the general infos or post your question here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

amrsuy

trading window problems

Post by amrsuy »

Hello.
Bur, lvl 1 dwarf, stole my skin today. And he was steeling other players' money with the skin.
In the trading window, He canceled green check mark right before I mark the green check and changed money and marked again.
I think the trading window still has serious problems. I strongly request it is improved. And hope GMs check Bur's log and jail his all accounts permanently.

EAT_ME lvl222 ogre
Leone

Re: trading window problems

Post by Leone »

I suggest you report to GM Inbox. Did you manage to take a screenshot with the time and coordinates? /info

The place to report is here:
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=9711
amrsuy

Post by amrsuy »

Leone wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:43 pm I suggest you report to GM Inbox. Did you manage to take a screenshot with the time and coordinates? /info

The place to report is here:
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=9711
Thank you for your advice. I will report.
I took a screenshot but time is not stamped. It was maybe 15 to 30 minutes before my first postng.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

amrsuy wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:36 am Thank you for your advice. I will report.
I took a screenshot but time is not stamped. It was maybe 15 to 30 minutes before my first postng.
The screenshot should have a date-time stamp. If you did not edit that out tell the team what time zone you are in. That can then calculate what time the screenshot was taken in FT time. Then they can check the logs at that time.

For example: Screenshot_20190519-135131.jpg

2019 May 07- 13Hrs 51Min 31Sec ... I am -5 hours from FT Time so they would check the logs for:

7 May 2019 @ ±18Hrs 51Min

NEVER change the time stamp on a screenshot if you need the GM's to check the logs.
If you do and they check the logs from the time you changed it to they will know you are lying.

The best would be to /info and get it stamped right on the screenshot but that is not always possible like you stated above. The /info time is FT time, not your local time.
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
vasinta

Post by vasinta »

It puzzles me that this bug is still running and players are simply doing basically nothing.
It really must be true that youngest generations lack a knowledge about how to protect their rights.

(Note :: I would normally assume this bug report could just be noise and wait for staff to confirm the bug is actually still running and it is the same one that has been allowing scams for more than one year now. But EAT ME has been a trustworthy friend and a good player along the last four years, plus I know too well how much passion Compbatant has for bugs hunting, so I'm hazardingly skip the doubt phase)
--
:popcorn: ardesia's other forum account
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

Vasinta I think many complaints have been lodged by players much on this forum. Unfortunately without any real change in the system but only a greater awareness of the dangers in trading players have had to develop their own code for trading. Such may be only trade with those they know, if a low level selling ask who the main account is behind it, etc. What can be done? The issue has been very vocal in the past but no change. It has become one of those things that just come with the game territory which is unfortunate.
Retired
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

vasinta wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:49 am It puzzles me that this bug is still running and players are simply doing basically nothing.
It really must be true that youngest generations lack a knowledge about how to protect their rights.
{snip}
What can JQPlayer do other than report it? We can't see log files, we can't check who DisposableAccountScammer(1) really belongs to.

It is disheartening to read "each account will be treated separately" in the rules when it's not the pixels cheating it is the people creating these DisposableAccountScammer-1(1), DisposableAccountScammer-2(1), DisposableAccountScammer-3(1), DisposableAcco...etc and it's the REAL PEOPLE that should pay the price.

What "rights" do we have?
Gullander wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:55 pm Vasinta I think many complaints have been lodged by players much on this forum. Unfortunately without any real change in the system but only a greater awareness of the dangers in trading players have had to develop their own code for trading. Such may be only trade with those they know, if a low level selling ask who the main account is behind it, etc. What can be done? The issue has been very vocal in the past but no change. It has become one of those things that just come with the game territory which is unfortunate.
italic's are the way I do things and that's the point!
I doubt asking who the main account is will get an answer.
I am always AFK!
amrsuy

Post by amrsuy »

I reported to GM inbox and this player is jailed now.
Thank you for all options on this post and GM's quick response!

EAT_ME
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

amrsuy wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:08 pm I reported to GM inbox and this player is jailed now.
Thank you for all options on this post and GM's quick response!

EAT_ME
That's good news.
I am always AFK!