scammer report

You need help? Check the general infos or post your question here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

SellSword

Re: scammer report

Post by SellSword »

Leone wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:18 am I think this is a perfect example why we need a new trading system.

I'm available for testing it
I'd certainly help as well.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

TangledSwerve wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:35 pm
Caveman567 wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:21 pm Thank you for your concern. Just to clear things up, it was the scammers brother Agila_red that gave me 1b of the gold back, a remaining balance of 500mil is unpaid, but it is better then nothing. This is a flaw in the trade window and should be addressed by the gms immediately and make it right with their loyal players. This type of scam should be made known, maybe by a notice, so future incidents like this stop. This is a great game, I hope this incident will make the game even better. Thank you. Gms please fix flaw and I will be happy!
GMs are powerless to do anything, beyond catch and punish scammers, unfortunately. The fix is entirely in the hands of compbatant, as far as I understand it. Since it requires source code and server access. If there is anyone else involved in the process, I can't say. However, glad you got some of your gold back, man.
Until compbatant fixes this, all we can do (both the players AND GMs) is make as many players aware of this bug as possible. Sharing this info on forum, as well as other FT related chat groups we may be in, is the only thing we can do.
Omnes Autem Uri
Ferza

Re: maybe scammer report

Post by Ferza »

hola a todos, escribo acá porque me paso algo raro hoy,un jugador intentó venderme un objeto sin que yo lo pidiera y rechace el negocio pero luego insistió y lo que fue raro es que se confirmó la venta de mi parte sin que yo haya confirmado,pero el no confirmó su venta y salio de la negociación, por lo tanto supongo que si yo hubiera puesto algún objeto o cierta cantidad de dinero en negociación lo habría perdido,lo que no sé es si fue un bug o esa persona intento robarme.

Hello everyone, I write here because something strange happened to me today, a player tried to sell me an object without me asking for it and rejecting the business but then he insisted and what was weird was that the sale of my part was confirmed without my confirmation , but he did not confirm his sale and left the negotiation, therefore I suppose that if I had put some object or certain amount of money in negotiation I would have lost it, what I do not know is if it was a bug or that person tried to rob me.
Leone

Post by Leone »

He tried to scam you. You did the correct thing to report here.

My advice is don't trade until you have got 3 or 4 trusted friends.

Trade with them and you will see the pitfalls.

But don't let that put you off. Most ft players are honest.
Ferza

Post by Ferza »

Eso lo sé,pero mi ventana de venta se activo,es decir que el icono se puso verde como si yo hubiera aceptado la transacción,y yo no lo presioné, es eso es posible?. Luego hice otras transacciones con personas desconocidas pero honorables que resultaron bien,por eso preguntaba que pudo haber pasado,si fue un bug o ese jugador realmente activo mi icono de venta?

I know that, but my sales window is activated, that is to say that the icon turned green as if I had accepted the transaction, and I didn't press it, is that possible? Then I made other transactions with unknown but honorable people that turned out well, so I asked what could have happened, if it was a bug or that player really activated my sales icon?
Cashew

Post by Cashew »

I actually had the opposite occur during a transfer the other day, in the sense that no matter how many times I clicked on the accept check, I couldn't get the trade to accept.

Starting a new trade fixed it ofc, but I just thought it was weird.

Oh and yes, it was only 16m but it ain't no biggie, I got lucky on my last craft run and made that extra back meow <3
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

SellSword wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:35 am
Leone wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:18 am I think this is a perfect example why we need a new trading system.

I'm available for testing it
I'd certainly help as well.
I'm available as well.
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
ryaca_

Post by ryaca_ »

Hello all. I am going to start dedicating more of my time to punishing bad players.

If you are scammed, please send me a report or post information here and I will investigate.

Please keep in mind that these types of investigations will take time.

Thank you.