Clan rules - Theft and deliberate building removal by Lord

You need help? Check the general infos or post your question here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Storms7

Re: Clan rules - Theft and deliberate building removal by Lord

Post by Storms7 »

TangledSwerve wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:57 pm
Storms7 wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:34 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Someone disagreed with TangledSwerve uh oh!

Let's make so many rules so that players have no freedom! :lol:
Cue hysterical response from Ryaca. No one is talking about incorporating lots of rules. Just one.

Also I won't bow to your pathetic attempt to ridicule.
:lol: Who's mad now? I sincerely wish you good luck in trying to get these mechanics changed. I wish you the best!
OK MAYBE I WILL USE THIS ACCOUNT EVERY ONCE IN AWHILE
TangledSwerve

Post by TangledSwerve »

Storms7 wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:11 pm
Storms7 wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:34 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Someone disagreed with TangledSwerve uh oh!

Let's make so many rules so that players have no freedom! :lol:
Cue hysterical response from Ryaca. No one is talking about incorporating lots of rules. Just one.

:lol: Who's mad now? I sincerely wish you good luck in trying to get these mechanics changed. I wish you the best!

You ceased contributed anything valuable to this thread a day ago. If you have to stoop to making childish remarks that is your problem, not mine.

Not mad, Ryaca. Disappointed.
Last edited by TangledSwerve on Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TangledSwerve

Post by TangledSwerve »

madmaniacal1 wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:44 pm Hmm... We get what, 2 reports per year (if that) of a player infiltrating a clan and selling everything? 4 or 5 of a player robbing towers?
8 instances per year, maybe, and nothing was ever done. Why?
Because the offending player was granted access. Period.
Oppressive rule changes will not stop it, any more than it did scamming. Sure, they could get jailed. All they'll do is make another account and it's business as usual for them. These kinds of players don't quit doing it.
Want to prevent this from happening? Learn from it, and share the knowledge.
Not quite sure why you think it's an oppressive to clamp down on very specific and, by your own admittance, fairly uncommon behaviour. It lies in the extremities of player conduct. One in every instance, except this, would land some form of punishment. So why make an exception for it?

The ability to remove members and buildings may be there, but actual consent would almost never apply to the point where they could delete everything and everyone. Granting a position is also rarely unspoken permission for a player to do as they wish.

It's a given that absolute trash players will always exist. But, if rules have impact - what good does naming and shaming do? A player can easily re-invent themselves on an alt where this sort of public outing has absolutely no effect.

And on that note, if implementing a new rule would also have no effect, where would the harm be in actually implementing one?
Lestat

Post by Lestat »

Im bored of this thread, maybe we can make a rule banning complaining about treachery and espionage ?
lestat / sword 1038
OgreLes / ogre 2001
Loco / archer 250
-ForKotu- / mage 1143
krampdtyl / dwarf 125
Duke clans ObeY, -OC-
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

TangledSwerve wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:42 pm And on that note, if implementing a new rule would also have no effect, where would the harm be in actually implementing one?
The harm is the wasted time and effort on something that, as you said, would have no effect.

As for this behavior, in general, i honestly think that Rule 9 is the closest thing to a rule needed for this. Players with a consistent reputation for such trolling (spawn/pet killing, spawn blocking, and such) CAN be punished for it.
Omnes Autem Uri
Storms7

Post by Storms7 »

TangledSwerve wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:21 pm
Storms7 wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:11 pm

You ceased contributed anything valuable to this thread a day ago. If you have to stoop to making childish remarks that is your problem, not mine.

Not mad, Ryaca. Disappointed.
Well I didn't mean to disappoint you. I do have a tendency to act like a big child at times. I have many flaws. They probably won't ever change either. I like what you said when you said it is what it is.
TangledSwerve

Post by TangledSwerve »

Lestat wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:54 pm Im bored of this thread, maybe we can make a rule banning complaining about treachery and espionage ?
You are free to leave, LeStat. It's evident that you are part of an old guard that resist any and all change. In spite of the fact that this is clearly an issue that has been brought up time & time again.

Glamourising it as espionage, when all it actually is a lazy scumbag player who's pressed a button to wipe out multiple persons hard work and effort, in the blink of an eye.

The fact that this has been embraced or condoned as legitimate play speaks more of those who endorse it, than those who've identify for what is really is and seek to address it.

And if think I'm just to clam up because, now two established players have taken upon themselves to ridicule and dismiss, then you're sorely mistaken.
Lestat

Post by Lestat »

To me it sounds more like your crying u lost builds. Nothing more. But i guess when you build inside an already established area, the threat of war is gone. Eventually youll see that this is nothing more than an inconvenience rather than some major issue.

Im sure if you search enough youll find many times its stated.. dont make people you dont know lord. Your mistake is yours own it, dont come here and cry that u messed up. Be glad they were puny builds and not a maxed base... Get over it, grow up, and move on.
lestat / sword 1038
OgreLes / ogre 2001
Loco / archer 250
-ForKotu- / mage 1143
krampdtyl / dwarf 125
Duke clans ObeY, -OC-
Storms7

Post by Storms7 »

Tangled swerve sounds like the my way or the highway kind of guy.

Now he's saying that we are of an old guard and that we are dressing up what the accused player did as espionage. Where is it evident that I would resist any and all change? I have supported many ideas from many players on these forums. This is one idea that I don't agree with at all. I have that right to not agree with it and state so in these forums. Just because you don't want me to be in this thread does not mean that you will get what you want.

You talk about toxic well that is exactly how you ate acting right now.

He's clearly very very upset that this player did this and has revenge in his heart. He called the bad player a scumbag and then implied that any that don't see this as a big deal are the same.

It's very obvious to me that anyone that disagrees with TangledSwerve will be ridiculed and accused of being bad players that approve of what the bad player did.

Players that disagree with TangledSwerve are not welcome here.

He is getting very nasty in his remarks now. I wonder how much nastier TangledSwerve will get.

TangledSwerve is on the warpath.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

Frankly, I think everyone should "clam up" here, but that's just me. The same points on both sides have been repeated multiple times already.

Does anyone actually have a new point to make?
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.