Clan rules - Theft and deliberate building removal by Lord

You need help? Check the general infos or post your question here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Lestat

Re: Clan rules - Theft and deliberate building removal by Lord

Post by Lestat »

To be honest, these are all old arguments. This topic has been revisited numerous times. Always with the same outcome. Some players tho feel that their mistakes should be fixed by others.
lestat / sword 1038
OgreLes / ogre 2001
Loco / archer 250
-ForKotu- / mage 1143
krampdtyl / dwarf 125
Duke clans ObeY, -OC-
Storms7

Post by Storms7 »

SellSword wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:08 am Frankly, I think everyone should "clam up" here, but that's just me. The same points on both sides have been repeated multiple times already.

Does anyone actually have a new point to make?
+1
OK MAYBE I WILL USE THIS ACCOUNT EVERY ONCE IN AWHILE
Barkley

Post by Barkley »

Storms7 wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:32 am
SellSword wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:08 am Frankly, I think everyone should "clam up" here, but that's just me. The same points on both sides have been repeated multiple times already.

Does anyone actually have a new point to make?
+1
There are actually not 2 sides but 3 or more
1 being Russians
2 being what everyone else says "everyone" but there isn't a name
3 is neautral 3,-3 is not involving in wars(accept form 1 clan on side 2).

And then the ppl without any side

So is that more than 2?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
And yes there is only 2 sides in war but there is "more".
Added ideas: More friends list space
Other ideas: New clan rank: Mayor, Outlaw, Multiple House Owners

Co-creator of the Ember Islands clan map with KalenFirst
Leone

Post by Leone »

...and there will be some (I'm sure) who view this tactic as not only an acceptable part of infiltration and tactics, but more than that - as a favoured or preferred one.

For example, destroying some building or walls before a large offensive is made. This would create a gap to get into an enemy clan base.

I'm not sure who would admit to this, but still!
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

Leone wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:16 am
For example, destroying some building or walls before a large offensive is made. This would create a gap to get into an enemy clan base.

I'm not sure who would admit to this, but still!
Admit it? HA! I taunted my enemies with the knowledge that I had infiltrated their base and destroyed their defenses from the inside out. Several times now, in fact.
"Victory through overwhelming force is the least form of victory." --Sun Tzu "The Art of War"
Omnes Autem Uri
Leone

Post by Leone »

I thought something like that might be the case and I'm pleased you posted that, as it creates an interesting dilemma.

Essentially, it could be argued that you and arthas_m have committed the same act: infiltrated a clan and destroyed their building(s).

But...

It seems (to me at least) that the intent behind it was different.

In your case, it was an act of behind enemy lines espionage as part of a larger campaign.

In the case of the other player (although i am only surmising and really he would need to confirm or otherwise), the wanton act of destruction was a means to an end in itself - as TS has described in different posts.

If that or something similar is indeed the case, then the dilemma, I guess, is what (if anything ) can be done and then how could it be monitored and policed.
Lestat

Post by Lestat »

Actually, they are more similar than one might expect.
Any clan can and will have enemies(both known and unknown). Any means allowed by game CAN and WILL be used by players.( Read through forum to get any information that you like). Even if the Duke considers himself neutral, not all players will agree. And again, no matter how deceitful or shameless the act of joining a clan with intent to destroy is, it is a part of clan warfare.

The player that did this, could be an alt of a person who felt wronged, maybe an alt of a clan close to where they built thinking another clan in that area us too much. We will likely never know the reason behind the act(usually never do), but we can always see and/or feel the results.

I feel bad for people that have to endure this treachery (as it has been done to me by "friends" i had for years) but it is a hard lesson in trust.

After all wasnt there a "Trojan Horse" used in war ? So its not like its some new concept.
lestat / sword 1038
OgreLes / ogre 2001
Loco / archer 250
-ForKotu- / mage 1143
krampdtyl / dwarf 125
Duke clans ObeY, -OC-
TangledSwerve

Post by TangledSwerve »

Lestat wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:49 am To me it sounds more like your crying u lost builds. Nothing more. But i guess when you build inside an already established area, the threat of war is gone. Eventually youll see that this is nothing more than an inconvenience rather than some major issue.

Im sure if you search enough youll find many times its stated.. dont make people you dont know lord. Your mistake is yours own it, dont come here and cry that u messed up. Be glad they were puny builds and not a maxed base... Get over it, grow up, and move on.
Do your research. This did not happen to me.

And as far as how you and Ryaca both conduct your debate in this thread, I have absolute no desire to engage with you.

At this point you contribute nothing but an oppressive and bullying environment.
Last edited by TangledSwerve on Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TangledSwerve

Post by TangledSwerve »

Storms7 wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:01 am Tangled swerve sounds like the my way or the highway kind of guy.

Now he's saying that we are of an old guard and that we are dressing up what the accused player did as espionage. Where is it evident that I would resist any and all change? I have supported many ideas from many players on these forums. This is one idea that I don't agree with at all. I have that right to not agree with it and state so in these forums. Just because you don't want me to be in this thread does not mean that you will get what you want.

You talk about toxic well that is exactly how you ate acting right now.

He's clearly very very upset that this player did this and has revenge in his heart. He called the bad player a scumbag and then implied that any that don't see this as a big deal are the same.

It's very obvious to me that anyone that disagrees with TangledSwerve will be ridiculed and accused of being bad players that approve of what the bad player did.

Players that disagree with TangledSwerve are not welcome here.

He is getting very nasty in his remarks now. I wonder how much nastier TangledSwerve will get.

TangledSwerve is on the warpath.
Excuse me - you and LeStat both decided to act like churlish little bully trolls. Do you see me ridiculing or attempting to humiliate at all? No - that is all you.

This is not the first time you've directed personal insults on this forum and tried to cajole with baseless and snide remarks. And somehow I'm toxic?

You ridiculed and did this exact same thing because we disagreed.

And here you are doing dissection of my personality because you strongly disagree.

If you can't show any level of respectful debate and have to bring it to the point of insult and character assasination, I would advise you to steer clear of my posts, I do not like childish bullies.
Storms7

Post by Storms7 »

TangledSwerve, When did I hurl insults? When did I bully? It's ok that we disagree. That is going to happen between players. I certainly have not tried to assassinate your character. I will post on threads if I feel the need to. That won't ever change.

Let's just agree to disagree and I won't post anything else in this thread unless I have something new to contribute.
OK MAYBE I WILL USE THIS ACCOUNT EVERY ONCE IN AWHILE