Clan rules - Theft and deliberate building removal by Lord

You need help? Check the general infos or post your question here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Storms7

Re: Clan rules - Theft and deliberate building removal by Lord

Post by Storms7 »

This very situation is a part of clan politics. This sort of thing is supposed to happen. This is what was intended. It's unfortunate and shady behavior but backstabbing, deceit, treachery, spying, and thievery are all a part of clan life.

Situations like this have been happening since the dawn of FT. I've seen it many times and every time a new member joined my old clan every member would watch them to see what they would do and how they would conduct themselves and our friends would message us if they witnessed bad behavior by the new member. We knew that every time we recruited a new member, there was a chance that bad things could happen. It is the way it is and will always be.

I applaud you for making this post but I do not believe that it will change anything other than show all of FT the bad players exploits.

These things must be allowed to happen. I believe that it makes clan life so much more interesting. Inviting new members can be dangerous. If you ever have time, read through the oldest clan posts and there is some very interesting reads.
OK MAYBE I WILL USE THIS ACCOUNT EVERY ONCE IN AWHILE
TangledSwerve

Post by TangledSwerve »

Then why not eliminate all "antisocial" or "unsavory" behavior? No more siege. No more PvP. A player's spawn cannot kill or be killed by other players. Oh, wait... That removes every "social" interaction in the game...
There IS NO magic fix for it.

Nobody is talking about removing siege or Pvp. And why should addressing extreme forms of poor player conduct be such a contentious issue here?

What I'm suggesting certainly does not remove any element of social interaction. It would address a particular form of aberrant & dishonest behaviour that in most normal cases in any other mmorpg would be met with punishment by GM staff.
Last edited by TangledSwerve on Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

madmaniacal1 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:42 pm There IS NO magic fix for it.
Not entirely true, but probably not appealing:

Take away shared clan storage. Either eliminate storage all together or give each clan member a few spaces of personal storage.

Eliminate all powers of clan lords other than inviting new members.

If there is a better suggestion someone can make it. I'm not being flippant as I certainly don't find these things appealing, but if there is a rule that would prevent these things (or allow punishment) without curtailing the actions of those who act with permission while performing the same actions it would be great to have.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Storms7

Post by Storms7 »

I would need to see evidence or proof that other clan related games would punish players who have not broken the rules.
OK MAYBE I WILL USE THIS ACCOUNT EVERY ONCE IN AWHILE
Lestat

Post by Lestat »

I would have to say that if you ask every duke in this game, this has happened to them at least once. It happens.. there is personal storage..its the bank and tavern. Clan storage is just that. Clan storage. Meaning its available to ALL clan members. As far as making someone you just met Lord, thats foolish. Even sometimes making a friend Lord can be a mistake.. i learned that the hard way.. someone i knew and had helped for 3 years sold off a whole base,with gears and such inside. Needless to say, its a hard lesson to learn. All you can do is inform others dukes of the player and continue on playing.
lestat / sword 1038
OgreLes / ogre 2001
Loco / archer 250
-ForKotu- / mage 1143
krampdtyl / dwarf 125
Duke clans ObeY, -OC-
Leone

Post by Leone »

I remember we have discussed related clan issues with the idea that the duke can have a toggle on/off menu to allow or disable responsibilities to his team.

Apologies for bringing it back up again, but this may alleviate the issue discussed in this thread?

Previous posts here
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=15329&p=94644&hilit=Toggle#p94644
TangledSwerve

Post by TangledSwerve »

My point is this: Why is this even an accepted part of the game? I'm gathering it has happened a hell of a lot. This isn't a form of sophisticated gameplay, or strategic warfare. It is, in every essence, exceptionally bad player conduct.

This is virtually on a par with scamming for in-game items worth billions. Because the destruction wrought can easily be that in value. Not to mention months, even years of work in some cases. Both require one commonality: extreme dishonesty & a very deliberate attempt to act maliciously to abuse the position of trust they are given.

It baffles me that it's viewed as no different than legitimate play (Like sieging) One nasty player should not be allowed to irradicate so much hard work with a simple click and not face any consequence as detailed within game rules.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

There have been some suggestions offered, but if those are not to someone's liking they can also make suggestions.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
TangledSwerve

Post by TangledSwerve »

SellSword wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:01 pm There have been some suggestions offered, but if those are not to someone's liking they can also make suggestions.
Altering the mechanics of clan heirarchy allowances is pretty unnecessary when a simple game rule would deter this behaviour.
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

TangledSwerve wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:48 pm
SellSword wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:01 pm There have been some suggestions offered, but if those are not to someone's liking they can also make suggestions.
Altering the mechanics of clan heirarchy allowances is pretty unnecessary when a simple game rule would deter this behaviour.
Rules, rather than mechanics, was tried with spam. We ALL see how THAT turned out.

I agree that such players are despicable. No respect for them, bc they have none for others. However, IF a change is ever to be made to that aspect of clan life, mechanics will have to be the defining factor. Too many past allowances made on the issue for it to become a rule change now. The Rule 9 is the closest thing to what you're after, and I don't think it applies to clan espionage.
And before someone tries to say something about sharing, THAT was never allowed by the rules. It simply wasn't enforced. This behavior was (and for now, at least, still is).
Omnes Autem Uri