Higher Level Players Attacking Me

You need help? Check the general infos or post your question here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

WindOvTheDarkGodz

Higher Level Players Attacking Me

Post by WindOvTheDarkGodz »

Hello all, I haven't played this game in a bit and it seems not much has changed really.

However, I've noticed that there are random players attacking me for no reason, some lower level than me and some extremely higher level than me (800+ sometimes). It confuses me, because I am not in a clan, nor am I an outlaw, nor do I have any enemies due to me not playing in forever. I don't know if there is some sort of exploit where players are able to attack lower levels at will. At first, I figured the rules changed to where you can be attacked by any level higher than yourself once you reach a certain level, but I checked the rules, and this is not the case.

Is there something I am missing?
Dozrock (Lvl. 121 knight)
Sovereign (Lvl. 62 mage)
madmaniacal1

Re: Higher Level Players Attacking Me

Post by madmaniacal1 »

What level is your account, and what name of the account? Do you know exactly when this happened, and on which map?
Omnes Autem Uri
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

Two other questions would be whether players attacking you are outlaws and whether you are in a clan.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
WindOvTheDarkGodz

SellSword wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:09 am Two other questions would be whether players attacking you are outlaws and whether you are in a clan.
Not to be rude, but if you read my OP, I stated I am not in a clan. As for the players being outlaws, they were not; their names were white. Not that this matters though, since I am not an outlaw, therefore no one should be able to attack me except if they are within level +3/-3 levels of me.
Sovereign (Lvl. 62 mage)
WindOvTheDarkGodz

madmaniacal1 wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:12 am What level is your account, and what name of the account? Do you know exactly when this happened, and on which map?
I'm level 125, account name is Dozrock, it happened on map coords (1,1), I don't remember the time exactly, but if Admin or mod can check logs, it was my most recent PVP death. I remember the guy who attacked me was SIGNIFICANTLY higher level than me. He was a mage that was in the level 800s. I was just following him to try and see his gear (I like looking at high level gear), next thing I know he is dropping mana attacks on me and I died pretty quickly.
Sovereign (Lvl. 62 mage)
Leone

Post by Leone »

This is a long shot: you may not have played for 'forever', as you state but the game still remembers your 30 most recent enemies. The 800 guy might be on that list.

If you're convinced it isn't this, you could contact the GMs and ask them to investigate. Gm inbox here

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=9711

Edit: anyone of a lower level to you can attack you - not just within 3 levels. The +3 is for higher levels.

Also, are you sure you aren't an outlaw? Not other players, but you yourself. That seems a likely scenario.

If not, gm inbox!
WindOvTheDarkGodz

Leone wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:03 am This is a long shot: you may not have played for 'forever', as you state but the game still remembers your 30 most recent enemies. The 800 guy might be on that list.

If you're convinced it isn't this, you could contact the GMs and ask them to investigate. Gm inbox here

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=9711

Edit: anyone of a lower level to you can attack you - not just within 3 levels. The +3 is for higher levels.

Also, are you sure you aren't an outlaw? Not other players, but you yourself. That seems a likely scenario.

If not, gm inbox!
I'm not an outlaw. I asked several players if I am, they said no, and even got on my alt account to check the color of my name, I wasn't outlaw. How would that high level player even remember me lol? Do people just go around clicking on people name's seeing if they can PVP them nowadays? i will Definitely contact a GM.

EDIT: In retrospect, there was a player who was attacking low level alt account of mine, but I could not kill the player because his level was too low. So, I made a clan just to kill this player and then I abolished the clan the next day. Would that action have allowed players to kill me even after I abolished the short-lived, no ally, no enemy clan?
Last edited by WindOvTheDarkGodz on Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sovereign (Lvl. 62 mage)
Leone

Post by Leone »

I know- I was clutching at straws a bit there, but it is worth exploring all the options!
WindOvTheDarkGodz

Leone wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:17 am I know- I was clutching at straws a bit there, but it is worth exploring all the options!
Thanks, check my edit of the last post. What are you thoughts on that added info?
Sovereign (Lvl. 62 mage)
Leone

Post by Leone »

Could be that for that specific player. You are on his enemy list, clan or not.

But if you have dissolved your clan then other players shouldn't be able to attack you.