Required update

You need help? Check the general infos or post your question here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Gullander

Required update

Post by Gullander »

I was surprised I got a notice today for my Android tablet that I needed to update before I can play FT. I was under the impression that older versions were able to be played from 6.8.1 on or so. My tablet is relatively new so I will update from 7.3 I think to current. I am concerned for those with older devices and the possibility they may be left out in the cold without access. First time I've have been forced to update.
Retired
compbatant
Site Admin

Re: Required update

Post by compbatant »

Gullander wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:26 am I was surprised I got a notice today for my Android tablet that I needed to update before I can play FT. I was under the impression that older versions were able to be played from 6.8.1 on or so. My tablet is relatively new so I will update from 7.3 I think to current. I am concerned for those with older devices and the possibility they may be left out in the cold without access. First time I've have been forced to update.
7.0, 7.1 and 7.2 versions had serious bugs and I am forcing to update to 7.3.2 at least.
6.x version is not forced to any update.
DarwiN

Post by DarwiN »

compbatant wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:40 am
Gullander wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:26 am I was surprised I got a notice today for my Android tablet that I needed to update before I can play FT. I was under the impression that older versions were able to be played from 6.8.1 on or so. My tablet is relatively new so I will update from 7.3 I think to current. I am concerned for those with older devices and the possibility they may be left out in the cold without access. First time I've have been forced to update.
7.0, 7.1 and 7.2 versions had serious bugs and I am forcing to update to 7.3.2 at least.
But will version 6.8 stop working at some point?
Spanish Translator :ugeek: :geek: :D

Archer lvl 3300
Mage lvl 654
Ogre lvl 180
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

I believe comp has mentioned 6.8 will stop working eventually, but not in the immediate future.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
compbatant
Site Admin

Post by compbatant »

DarwiN wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:24 am
Probably your device will die sooner (battery for example) then I stop supporting FT 6.8 so don't worry :)
DarwiN

Post by DarwiN »

compbatant wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:06 am
DarwiN wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:24 am

Probably your device will die sooner (battery for example) then I stop supporting FT 6.8 so don't worry :)
And how would they do with the new things that are added to the game?
Spanish Translator :ugeek: :geek: :D

Archer lvl 3300
Mage lvl 654
Ogre lvl 180