What will happen? if I didn't press OK on AFK CHECK

You need help? Check the general infos or post your question here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Lestat

Re: What will happen? if I didn't press OK on AFK CHECK

Post by Lestat »

Blackbetty wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:40 am
LostKnight wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 3:26 pm ↑↑ Two thumbs up SellSword.

The OP clearly described an AFK instance.
Likes but how about giving a extra lvl for us that do follow the rules and have to put up with the annoying are you there? 😂😂 say every 30 are you there's get a reward or lvl 😋
you are rewarded.. you get to play the game and not spend time in jail. just saying..
lestat / sword 1038
OgreLes / ogre 2001
Loco / archer 250
-ForKotu- / mage 1143
krampdtyl / dwarf 125
Duke clans ObeY, -OC-
Leone

Post by Leone »

Are you there? is not annoying. In fact, I think it has been the best thing for ft since diagonal walking and pets.

I mean come on. You have to tap an icon once an hour. It's not hard.....if you are paying attention. I'd prefer it to to be twice an hour but that's just me.

Still, I take your point. A nice reward for playing by the rules - from the point of view of how afk playing almost ruined ft - is a good one.

I'd say 50 levels, but I like this idea nevertheless.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Lestat wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:51 am you are rewarded.. you get to play the game and not spend time in jail. just saying..
+1
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
Blackbetty

Post by Blackbetty »

Lestat wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:51 am
Blackbetty wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:40 am
LostKnight wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 3:26 pm ↑↑ Two thumbs up SellSword.

The OP clearly described an AFK instance.
Likes but how about giving a extra lvl for us that do follow the rules and have to put up with the annoying are you there? 😂😂 say every 30 are you there's get a reward or lvl 😋
you are rewarded.. you get to play the game and not spend time in jail. just saying..
That's stupid why would that be considered a reward! I'm not in jail and I play the game as intended because I follow the rules so why not reward those who follow the rules rather then punish them with annoyances. Come up with a good answer thx
Blackbetty

Post by Blackbetty »

Leone wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:20 am Are you there? is not annoying. In fact, I think it has been the best thing for ft since diagonal walking and pets.

I mean come on. You have to tap an icon once an hour. It's not hard.....if you are paying attention. I'd prefer it to to be twice an hour but that's just me.

Still, I take your point. A nice reward for playing by the rules - from the point of view of how afk playing almost ruined ft - is a good one.

I'd say 50 levels, but I like this idea nevertheless.
Likes this and agree thx for a good reply
Barkley

Post by Barkley »

This afk chek is wery annoying and clearly maks me annoyed :lol:
A reward for it would be nice but think st it form a game lead perspective.
Level rewards=not peyaing money for levels= game lead dosent get money :lol: :lol:

I'm never afk but still scared about the chek.
Like when I clik the minimap that if chek comes I can't clik accept......jay jail

What is the penalty of not clicking accept? Does it rise up? Can it be removed if it was a bug?
Added ideas: More friends list space
Other ideas: New clan rank: Mayor, Outlaw, Multiple House Owners

Co-creator of the Ember Islands clan map with KalenFirst
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

From what I've personally encountered the AFK check appears on top of your backpack, chat screen, and mini map. In a game of tapping the screen for everything I don't see how one extra tap is annoying, but to each their own.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Lestat

Post by Lestat »

the only people that would consider the afk check annoying, are people that play afk.
if you are playing and the check comes up,its no inconvenience. if your afk/semi afk then having to pay attention to your game could be annoying..
and why do you think you should be rewarded for playing fair? what entitles you a reward?
pleaseplease give me a reward for participating..... your not entitled to anything extra for following the rules. you are however able to play without fear of jail or other punishments for following rules. if you find that unfair....find a different game..
lestat / sword 1038
OgreLes / ogre 2001
Loco / archer 250
-ForKotu- / mage 1143
krampdtyl / dwarf 125
Duke clans ObeY, -OC-
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Every 26 seconds would be annoying.

Once an hour is a good check. Rewards: Absolutely, you get to stay out of jail.

I think 50 levels is 51 too much.
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

I get both sides of the discussion. Usually whenever a change is made to make bad behaviour in the game harder to do it affects every type of player including those who would never do the bad behaviour. In real life we have laws and they are for the lawless but those who don't break laws still have to be careful. It does seem unfair on the surface that I am good but have to jump through a lot of hoops because of other players bad behaviour. But like real life laws they are a necessity to try and keep chaos from occuring. If we want a fair game we need to be willing to follow it's laws even though the substance of the law doesn't involve us. That makes the game better for everyone even those who oppose it's rules as it puts a curb on their seeking ways to cheat. The main focus should be not how it affects my playing personally but how does it affect the whole game.

If a reward were considered perhaps a counter of sorts devised that after so many successful afk checks something is gained. This would give incentive to both play more and play attentively. If you miss a check your counter goes back to zero for instance. But to repeat our main focus should be not the potential of reward but the overall stability it brings to the whole game. If the game has less things to correct more time can be devoted to content! :D
Retired