What will happen? if I didn't press OK on AFK CHECK

You need help? Check the general infos or post your question here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Blackbetty

Re: What will happen? if I didn't press OK on AFK CHECK

Post by Blackbetty »

Gullander wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:59 pm I get both sides of the discussion. Usually whenever a change is made to make bad behaviour in the game harder to do it affects every type of player including those who would never do the bad behaviour. In real life we have laws and they are for the lawless but those who don't break laws still have to be careful. It does seem unfair on the surface that I am good but have to jump through a lot of hoops because of other players bad behaviour. But like real life laws they are a necessity to try and keep chaos from occuring. If we want a fair game we need to be willing to follow it's laws even though the substance of the law doesn't involve us. That makes the game better for everyone even those who oppose it's rules as it puts a curb on their seeking ways to cheat. The main focus should be not how it affects my playing personally but how does it affect the whole game.

If a reward were considered perhaps a counter of sorts devised that after so many successful afk checks something is gained. This would give incentive to both play more and play attentively. If you miss a check your counter goes back to zero for instance. But to repeat our main focus should be not the potential of reward but the overall stability it brings to the whole game. If the game has less things to correct more time can be devoted to content! :D
You got my point exactly. And it's not a difficult thing to hit the check mark at all its just to point of it.that's great they came up with a way to slow down the cheaters that affects everyone but it would be nice for once to come up with a way to reward the non cheaters of the game. "Its not about feeling entitled as the slow minded might think or telling people to go find another game when they have a valid point to make yes that was a reference to lestats post." Who totally missed the point and only gave a arrogant and self important opinion. Thx to those who of you that post your opinions even if don't agree with you ill at least try to be civil.so I apologize lestat if I misunderstood your post.
Lestat

Post by Lestat »

i understand what you meant. but heres the issue, long ago, im thinking 5-6 years now, playing had its rewards in the form of special skins. because of abuse and cheats these were taken, even to those who earned them. i see no reason to give newer players rewards when many of us(although our numbers are dwindling) have played by the rules for years without expecting anything in return.

everyday law abiding people are affected in some way because of something a law breaker caused. is it an inconvienence ? sometimes yes. am i to be rewarded for doing the right thing ? no. rewards are for those who go beyond normal expectations, not for those who just do what is needed done.(i know this goes against society, but maybe its because im from a generation that didnt expect something for nothing. i beleive you get what you earn, and just doing the minimum required deserves no reward).

punishment is the "reward" for breaking rules. knowing you are doing right is the "reward" for doing whats expected of you. if you want more than this, then you need to do more than whats expected of you.(again this goes against a society that would reward the person in a pull-up competition for just hanging on the bar).

if i offend anyone, ill apologize, but know that i beleive you reap what you sow, and expecting to be rewarded for basic behavior is not earning anything.
lestat / sword 1038
OgreLes / ogre 2001
Loco / archer 250
-ForKotu- / mage 1143
krampdtyl / dwarf 125
Duke clans ObeY, -OC-
Leone

Post by Leone »

An interesting dilemma: carrot, stick or a bit of both.

I guess in a way, the reward (if that's the right word) is the new content we're getting: quests, new gear, and such like.

I think the one thing we can all agree on is the point about playing by the rules. That is paramount.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Lestat and leone

Both well said ...,

Lestat you certainly did not offend me.
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
Blackbetty

Post by Blackbetty »

Lestat wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:11 pm i understand what you meant. but heres the issue, long ago, im thinking 5-6 years now, playing had its rewards in the form of special skins. because of abuse and cheats these were taken, even to those who earned them. i see no reason to give newer players rewards when many of us(although our numbers are dwindling) have played by the rules for years without expecting anything in return.

everyday law abiding people are affected in some way because of something a law breaker caused. is it an inconvienence ? sometimes yes. am i to be rewarded for doing the right thing ? no. rewards are for those who go beyond normal expectations, not for those who just do what is needed done.(i know this goes against society, but maybe its because im from a generation that didnt expect something for nothing. i beleive you get what you earn, and just doing the minimum required deserves no reward).

punishment is the "reward" for breaking rules. knowing you are doing right is the "reward" for doing whats expected of you. if you want more than this, then you need to do more than whats expected of you.(again this goes against a society that would reward the person in a pull-up competition for just hanging on the bar).

if i offend anyone, ill apologize, but know that i beleive you reap what you sow, and expecting to be rewarded for basic behavior is not earning anything.
I've only been playing for 2+ years no so I don't know much from before that so thanks for some clarity I can understand more where you're coming from and tend to agree more with you from that perspective but still like the idea of possibility of being able to earn a reward from Time to time not something for nothing. I appreciated the effort they put onto Santa but the beggars were so disgusting I left the crowd and they ruined it.thx for the conversation.
Lestat

Post by Lestat »

yes santa was a nice "reward".
and a bigger YES THE BEGGARS AND DEMANDERS WERE A DISAPPOINTMENT. people like them are the reason many events and such were discontinued. they couldnt be satisfied with what was given, they wanted more.

there are rewards we get. like at halloween, the portal to like leveled mobs with a greater drop rate.(again there were complaints)

i once stated in a post that you could give everyone in the game 1k levels and someone would complain it wasnt fair. the very next post was someone saying it wouldnt be fair to make a new player 1k when he had to work hard to get to 1k(although the 1k levels would have made him 2.5k).

the abusers and cheaters have taken much from the game, but those that follow the rules feel cheated.(to some extent they have that right). but no matter, you cannot satisfy everyone. and giving rewards for an afk check would cause much work on GMs( many would cry, i couldnt tap it i was trading,chatting,crafting,etc, its not fair, blah blah blah)

im all for making the game better and more rewarding, but with that comes extra work,extra time, and most of all ...extra whiners...(some we get to see here on forum,others only cry unneccesarily to GMs)

it is disappointing that a few can make it worse for the many, but thats just life.

my advice, next time theres an event, stomach the greedy, be patient, and be thankful for whatever you may get.(im not trying to be rude, just saying what i think). dont let a few inconsiderant fools ruin something that can be good for you.

btw blackbetty, whats your level ? i may have a gift i can give since your christmas wasnt as jolly as it could have been.
lestat / sword 1038
OgreLes / ogre 2001
Loco / archer 250
-ForKotu- / mage 1143
krampdtyl / dwarf 125
Duke clans ObeY, -OC-
Imrazor

Post by Imrazor »

Lestat wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:27 pm the only people that would consider the afk check annoying, are people that play afk.
if you are playing and the check comes up,its no inconvenience. if your afk/semi afk then having to pay attention to your game could be annoying..
and why do you think you should be rewarded for playing fair? what entitles you a reward?
pleaseplease give me a reward for participating..... your not entitled to anything extra for following the rules. you are however able to play without fear of jail or other punishments for following rules. if you find that unfair....find a different game..
I am never afk so it seems dumb to be asked if I'm there while I'm running around or something like that
Ah! like gold fall the leavs in the wind
long years numberless as the wings of
trees!
Imrazor

Post by Imrazor »

Blackbetty wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:58 pm
Lestat wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:11 pm i understand what you meant. but heres the issue, long ago, im thinking 5-6 years now, playing had its rewards in the form of special skins. because of abuse and cheats these were taken, even to those who earned them. i see no reason to give newer players rewards when many of us(although our numbers are dwindling) have played by the rules for years without expecting anything in return.

I've only been playing for 2+ years no so I don't know much from before that so thanks for some clarity I can understand more where you're coming from and tend to agree more with you from that perspective but still like the idea of possibility of being able to earn a reward from Time to time not something for nothing. I appreciated the effort they put onto Santa but the beggars were so disgusting I left the crowd and they ruined it.thx for the conversation.
Santa is a wery good person for spending his time trying to get rewards.
Its wery rude form ppl to say "SNATA I WANT ITEM...NOW!!!!"
perhaps earning a gift?
When I made a post about Santa for those who read and misunderstood my pot.
I wasn't beginning I was asking for a ernd reward.
Ah! like gold fall the leavs in the wind
long years numberless as the wings of
trees!
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

I've made my thoughts on the issue known, but if anyone thinks rewards of some type should be an option a new post in the suggestions forum would be a good idea. Thought-out ideas and not just a general desire would probably be best to get any discussion going.

There are other threads on AFK proposals where rewards have been mentioned, but since we have a system in place now ideas could be framed using the actual system instead of just hypotheticals.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Storms7

Post by Storms7 »

Leone said in the first page of this thread that afk players nearly ruined FT and I believe that to be a very true statement.
OK MAYBE I WILL USE THIS ACCOUNT EVERY ONCE IN AWHILE