Is PVP illegal?

You need help? Check the general infos or post your question here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Mephisto

Is PVP illegal?

Post by Mephisto »

Is PVP illegal?
Recently, I heard that killing the same player many times will lead to jail
Although I hate those players who like to kill, but I don't think PVP is illegal.
MMORPG games are like this. If PVP is illegal, then "PVP PROTECTION" doesn't need to be sold, because GM will protect you.
In addition, the names of players who kill continuously will turn black. We just need to call on senior players to kill them when they see the black name.
Also we can increase the punishment on the black name. For example, after become outlow, they can only stay in the outlow island in few hours(Online time only, and repeat time penalty if killing continues, well, this maybe same like in jail, but it's better :) ), then nobody wants to become outlow.
SellSword

Re: Is PVP illegal?

Post by SellSword »

PvP is legal. Now, I would strongly suggest you read through the rules (I have them linked below) as there are situations that create both allowances and exceptions.

If you join a clan you agree to clan warfare and clan PvP. A level 8000 player can kill a level 80 player if they are both in clans.

If you have attacked someone they can attack you back later. Outlaws can attack anyone as well as be attacked by anyone.

Otherwise you can be attacked by players of a lower level and up to 3 levels above you as the standard guidelines.

There is a rule on harrassment which you mention. A player can attack you and can even attack you multiple times. At some point that may become "excessive hunting of a player" under rule 9b, but that doesn't necessarily mean a player who attacks you every time they see you is violating the rule. I would suggest you contact a GM if you have questions about a situation.

More punishments for outlaws? Sure.

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2560
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Leone

Post by Leone »

There used to be a group of players ingame called the Knights Society. They weren't in a clan but worked together to track down and kill any outlaw they located.

The game was much smaller then and there weren't as many outlaws, but there may be some current players who wish to consider this idea.

Edit...here are some posts about them:
search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&keyw ... &start=110
Elgur

Post by Elgur »

In light of old wedtern movies where the hero always hets his man and me being a knoght, count me in.
That the Buddha regarded ignorance as the principle of birth and death, and therefore of misery in the world, is a well established fact.