Unintentionally removed pet

You need help? Check the general infos or post your question here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Morgoth

Unintentionally removed pet

Post by Morgoth »

Hello,

About one hour ago I was playing my mage woryxx. I was running (tapping) around to spawn more mobs and then, few random taps later.. I accidentally removed my Staff Club pet. GEORGE IS DEAD! :(
Can I ask, to restore premium pet which was unintentionally removed?

I also think, that current remove pet option is really not well designed. I own my pets for about a week and I already accidentally opened the remove pet confirm dialog more than 10 times, and was 1 click away to remove one of them.
If I may suggest, it would be much better to either move the remove pet buttons to inventory or change them to chat commands like /removepet ClubStan or /removepet would call a dialog where you choose which pet you want to delete.

The case has happened about 1 minute before I took this scrrenshot:
Screenshot of details
Screenshot of details
forgotten tales removed pet.jpg (1.56 MiB) Viewed 3267 times
Syor

Re: Unintentionally removed pet

Post by Syor »

there is a rule that clearly says that pets are under our responsibility

I don't think it's possible to get it back, but I don't kno
But I am very much in favor of your proposal, now pets are removed too easily
Freya Syor
Sword Syorina
ITALIAN
Italian Ignobili Group Messenger
There is no game without fun
Morgoth

Post by Morgoth »

Thanks for your reply.

I understand that "pets are under our responsibility" rule is fine regarding getting it killed by stronger monster or going where you shouldn't go ;)
But if you lose it in less than a second because of bad user inteface design, it's kinda different case especially for real money items/pets.
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

You are having a rough time! I had same thing happen once and lost ghost archer pet. I agree with you it should be harder to remove. There is a question asked "do you really want to remove this pet?" so you must tap it also but even with this warning it still happened! I blamed myself though for being clumsy and have not had it happen again. I wish there was an "undo" button in such cases that can reverse such actions as removal of pet, failure to get an item on the screen or maybe even selling an item by mistake. Of course the other option is as they say live and learn from our mistakes and go on. :(
Retired
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

The difficult thing for asking for a pet to be returned is that there is no way to know if it was an accident or intentional. I understand how it could happen and some sort of safeguard would be a good thing. Unfortunately, many people would likely try to take advantage of replacements and it's kind of sad when you have to try and think about how things could be abused...

Maybe someone isn't satisfied with a pet and wants to change it.

Maybe someone has leveled up and wants a better pet.

Maybe someone went to a risky area and figured they could "accidentally" kill their pet(s) and try to get them back when they're done with a quest or something.

I am NOT saying that is what you are doing, but if GMs replaced in some situations they'd have to deal with the others too.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Morgoth

Post by Morgoth »

Gullander,

I'm pretty sure, that your and mine cases were not the only one and many people had removed their pets by accident. Some kind of "undo" action would also be a good idea, however it shouldn't be that easy to remove it in the first place.

SellSword,

Yes, you are right that this could be abused by some players. However in current state, it's simply not fair that you can lose something so easly after paying real money for it. There should be strict rules how returns are being performed.
Regarding your abuse ideas:

-Maybe someone isn't satisfied with a pet and wants to change it.
-Maybe someone has leveled up and wants a better pet.

Everything in game is controlled by requests sent to the server. If a player sent a request to remove his/her pet, there must be some kind of ID or any data to identify which pet should be removed. GM can see this in the server logs, and identify what kind of pet it was and only such pet should be returned.

. Maybe someone went to a risky area and figured they could "accidentally" kill their pet(s) and try to get them back when they're done with a quest or something.

That's different and really difficult to identify case. On the other hamd, it's really bad that you can't just store your pets in bank or somewhere (at least I don't know how) to protect them when you want to explore new areas. This game has a lot of traps where you kill something in few hits, you go one level deeper in cave and suddenly there is a mob which kills you in 1 hit.

Anyway, changing the way how to remove your pet by moving this action to a chat command would be the easiest way to make life easier to everyone.
Barkley

Post by Barkley »

Morgoth wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:43 pm On the other hamd, it's really bad that you can't just store your pets in bank or somewhere (at least I don't know how) to protect them when you want to explore new areas. This game has a lot of traps where you kill something in few hits, you go one level deeper in cave and suddenly there is a mob which kills you in 1 hit.
You can store pets in your house.
You can also store catapluts and balista in your house.
But it costs....54€
Added ideas: More friends list space
Other ideas: New clan rank: Mayor, Outlaw, Multiple House Owners

Co-creator of the Ember Islands clan map with KalenFirst
Barkley

Post by Barkley »

Morgoth wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:43 pm Anyway, changing the way how to remove your pet by moving this action to a chat command would be the easiest way to make life easier to everyone.
/pet remove
/remove pet
/pet kill.....

Mabye.. but what if a player not knowing the commands comes..

How do I remove my balista????

How does someone find out you say /c to talk with clan members?
Added ideas: More friends list space
Other ideas: New clan rank: Mayor, Outlaw, Multiple House Owners

Co-creator of the Ember Islands clan map with KalenFirst
Leone

Post by Leone »

It's a social game. You ask for help.

Alternatively, read this: http://ftmmorpg.dmgamestudio.com/help/#others_name
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=17245&start=10#p119605

According to madmaniacal1 (who I find to be incredibly knowledgeable on game mechanics) you can already use "/unfollow monster_ID" as a command. As he points out that requires you know the pet ID too. You can't just say to remove "pet 1" or "fairy" or something like that though.

Currently you can use just "/unfollow" and it will kill the first pet you got. Log in to the test server and check it out at the pet shop. That doesn't help much if you have a real money pet and then pick up a shop pet. Still, helpful to know with this discussion.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.