Hobbs Gold Mine Walkthrough

You need help? Check the general infos or post your question here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

ryaca_

Re: Hobbs Gold Mine Walkthrough

Post by ryaca_ »

LostKnight does the click and pause method work for those using the d-pad or just tap to move?
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

I always used both. D-Pap would require a lot of walking.

Good catch, I missed that!

EDIT: my post edited
I was always AFK!
I was LK, A Friendly Knight.
dodgerjoe

Post by dodgerjoe »

First of all very helpful walkthrough, thank you for it

But i just want to ask something, am i the only one struggling with guard's key part of the quest. I think it is too hard for lvl 150 cap, i am level 330 and have 333 dex and i cant even make a dent in a bloodworm's health bar. Even if i redistribute and raise my dex to 400 something i still think it is not easy to achieve, nearly impossible in case of a lvl 150ish player.
Leone

Post by Leone »

The minimum levels for all quests are considered and adjusted up or down during the testing process.

In your specific case, perhaps team up with a friend at a higher level to make this part of the quest a bit easier.
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

For dwarf it is hard as they don't have any freeze skill and may need help at that level. For archer and sword set Dex to worm +6 and spawn one and go in a circle or a square and use only skill. When it times out then go in circle again. Just remember to keep at distance of 2 as a frozen worm at distance 1 will still hurt you. It can be done but takes time. A strong friend to tank for you is also an option. :)
Retired
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

Yeah, this is one of many places where the "needed level" and the "realistic level" may be quite a bit different. That is much of the game though where you need to level and get stronger before going back to a quest.

Working with a friend is always an option too. That is also true for much of the game, of course.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
dodgerjoe

Post by dodgerjoe »

Does anyone know what is drop rate of guard's key from blood worms. I have killed 5 worms but still there is no key. Am i just unlucky or drop rate is something low like 5%?
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

dodgerjoe wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:41 pm Does anyone know what is drop rate of guard's key from blood worms. I have killed 5 worms but still there is no key. Am i just unlucky or drop rate is something low like 5%?
And you do have the quest in your book to get the keys from blood worms? I'd say unlucky. I know I didn't get keys on my first try, but probably more like 2-3 tries.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
dodgerjoe

Post by dodgerjoe »

SellSword wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:57 pm
dodgerjoe wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:41 pm Does anyone know what is drop rate of guard's key from blood worms. I have killed 5 worms but still there is no key. Am i just unlucky or drop rate is something low like 5%?
And you do have the quest in your book to get the keys from blood worms? I'd say unlucky. I know I didn't get keys on my first try, but probably more like 2-3 tries.
i got it after 14th kill. pretty unlucky for me

btw drop chance is 20%
bfd005

Post by bfd005 »

SellSword wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:05 pm Alright, let’s talk Hobbs Gold Mine, or HGM as it is commonly called. I promise there are even pictures to look at! Spoilers too. Like many, many spoilers.

HGM is in the top left corner of Map 4, 0. HGM is supposedly closed for repairs after mining stopped there years ago, but a cursory inspection suggests other reasons it may have fallen into disrepair.

HGM Closed.jpg

Well now, you can’t easily say I’m wrong with that one as I have in-game support for the theory!

Anyhow, the HGM quest line starts a bit below the mine. A father claims his son is trapped in the mine. He asks for your help in rescuing his son and bringing him to safety. He and I have some different definitions of “safety,” but far be it from me to question his parenting.

No Place Like Home.jpg

Ah, you can’t enter the mine until level 150. Do that.

You say you discovered that you need a mithril (+3) pickaxe? You also say those things would be nice to know before telling you to enter somewhere? Oops…

Find the kid. It’s a small map so I think you can manage.

Blah, blah, blah… safe in here from the huntresses but better go back to dad the kid says. Go talk to the dad as well and learn all sorts of useful things.

Scroll two pictures up and see that NPC standing outside of HGM? Talk with him. Discover his information falls short of being useful as there are only several hundred dwarfs in the world.

Oh, hey! I’m doing a walkthrough! Go to Ice Cave on Map 1, -2 in that case. Avoid ice gremlins. I’m kidding! You can’t avoid them! Wander around until you find an NPC somewhere on that map. Or maybe the whole picture thing below would be helpful.

Dwarf.jpg

Now you’re on your way to Map 2, -4 and the fine city of Ardesia!
I am like the moon, I have a dark side