Advantage of +4 over +3 tools?

You need help? Check the general infos or post your question here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Gullander

Advantage of +4 over +3 tools?

Post by Gullander »

I see now +4 tools being sold at 0.0 for a variety of prices some quite high! :o Other than still being relatively a game rarity in actual function just how much better does a +4 work than a +3? Is the excessive cost worth the upgrade?

It seems to me that in the difference between using a regular pick versus a +3 you get two more ore for instance for each mining sequence. It appears your affinity and skill level determine your speed and the plus adds a bonus depending on plus. That is my perception. Perhaps there is more at work and someone else can explain how skill level, affinity, and tool interact for your end result. ;)
Retired
Rasta44

Re: Advantage of +4 over +3 tools?

Post by Rasta44 »

The high prices are due to them being fairly rare, and in clans players like to be able to maximize how fast they are able to chop/mine/build. +3 is good, but +4 is great. (This is just my personal take on it)
Retired
Senior Game Master - SrGM
Rasta44
Follow the rules.
Game Rules
Forum Rules

The OG Rasta
justj99

Post by justj99 »

I thought the + was a virtual boost to your skill level, and in addition, gave a chance to drop an extra? I forget why I think that...
justj99

Post by justj99 »

Looks like the manual mentions something, but not too specific:

"This time will decrease as soon as you level up your woodcutting skill or use a better tool."
Syor

Post by Syor »

Guys it's simple

Following the attached scheme, subtract 1 for improved tools, subtract 2 for mitrill tools, subtract 3 for tools +4

I crave a pick + 4, But that price is too high.
IMG_20200512_100357.jpg
IMG_20200512_100357.jpg (194.44 KiB) Viewed 2778 times
Freya Syor
Sword Syorina
ITALIAN
Italian Ignobili Group Messenger
There is no game without fun
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

I like simple! :D
Retired
Barkley

Post by Barkley »

If I am a lvl 1 builder I have the speed of level 1 if I use a normal hammer
If I am a lvl 1 builder I have the speed of a level 2 if I use a great hammer(+2 hammer)
If I am a lvl 1 builder I have the speed of a level 3 if I use a mithril hammer (+3 hammer)
If I am a lvl 1 builder I have the speed of a level 4 if I use a Meteor Hammer(+4 hammer)

At low levels it doest seem masive. But if you're a lvl 10 builder a +4 hammer makes you as good as 13. 13!!??? That is absolutely massive and worth the investment of the money. It's just hard to get yourself due to the extreme values of the +4 itmes.

Understood?

Added ideas: More friends list space
Other ideas: New clan rank: Mayor, Outlaw, Multiple House Owners

Co-creator of the Ember Islands clan map with KalenFirst
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

I said I like a simple solution...but really do I ever make anything simple? :lol:

Anyway I made a test of the various levels of pickaxes to get a feel for what happens when you change from one to another. Included is a chart with each pick tested and the results. It would appear that the plus does both! :D It lowers the speed it takes to go through a mining sequence from when your player starts and auto ends, and increases the amount of ore given during that mining sequence. These results are based on 5 trials per tool level. They should not be taken as definitive as we all know the variance that can happen with this game but the overall indications ought to give us a good idea of the benefits of one over the other.
Attachments
tools comparison.jpg
tools comparison.jpg (388.41 KiB) Viewed 2713 times
Retired
Leone

Post by Leone »

That's a significant difference from the standard to the +4. Nice experiment!
Syor

Post by Syor »

Gullander wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:19 pm I said I like a simple solution...but really do I ever make anything simple? :lol:

Anyway I made a test of the various levels of pickaxes to get a feel for what happens when you change from one to another. Included is a chart with each pick tested and the results. It would appear that the plus does both! :D It lowers the speed it takes to go through a mining sequence from when your player starts and auto ends, and increases the amount of ore given during that mining sequence. These results are based on 5 trials per tool level. They should not be taken as definitive as we all know the variance that can happen with this game but the overall indications ought to give us a good idea of the benefits of one over the other.
very useful and well done experiment. if someone has an extra + 4 pick and wants to donate it, I will be happy to help
Freya Syor
Sword Syorina
ITALIAN
Italian Ignobili Group Messenger
There is no game without fun