Monster/Item/Location Spreadsheet

You need help? Check the general infos or post your question here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

davidjett

Monster/Item/Location Spreadsheet

Post by davidjett »

Hi all! It's been a long while and took a hiatus but my kiddos have pulled me back into the world of FT. Some of you old timers may remember the old FT monster stat calculator spreadsheet that I built years ago. Well, back at it again. I'm doing this simply for myself and the enjoyment of it, but wanted to see if it would be something anyone else would be interested in and could make use of. It's a work in progress.. Each monster that I've encountered has been screen grabbed and can be viewable by hovering over their name.

Sortable spreadsheet with all monster stats, images, item drops and map locations for each monster including all their variants. See attached screenshot. Ignore the cell colors, they are just there to show me which ones I've captured screen grabs and stats for.

See you on the field!

Davidjett
Screen shot of Monster Spreadsheet
Screen shot of Monster Spreadsheet
Capture.PNG (182.8 KiB) Viewed 1484 times
David

Forgotten Tales ID - davidjett1

"True humility is not thinking less of yourself; it is thinking of yourself less." C.S. Lewis
SellSword

Re: Monster/Item/Location Spreadsheet

Post by SellSword »

I'm all for having readily available information on the forum. I like the look of what you're putting together there. You may take a look at the link below for what I believe is the most recent gathering of information to see what is available already. There have been some new maps and enemies since then though.

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=17960#p128500
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Thank you David.

I guess I missed the "monster stat calculator spreadsheet" that you built. But I'll keep a close eye on this project. I really like where it is going especially with the images.

So something like:
Devourer.jpg
Hungry.Devourer.jpg
Would help?
I was always AFK!
I was LK, A Friendly Knight.
Leone

Post by Leone »

Great idea! This is a HUGE task, but will certainly be worth it with the additional information you plan to gather.

Are you planning to update the spreadsheet as you personally encounter the monsters, or would you like a head start with screenshots others have already taken?
davidjett

Post by davidjett »

@sellsword - thanks for that message link. Syor's spreadsheet has some great info as well. (Great minds think alike) lol

@LostKnight and @Leone, I had originally just planned on updating as a I progress through the game, knowing that at my current low level of 205 that would take a long while.
That said though, I hadn't thought of soliciting for help in gathering the data BUT I like the idea and will add the Devourer images.

In order to keep the document in a locked state to prevent editing with incorrect info etc. what I'll do is upload it to a platform such as Google Docs link so that anyone can download/open it but I'll be the one making the changes to it as we go to prevent doc corruption.

So, long story short. Yes, would absolutely love and welcome the assistance in data gathering!
David

"True humility is not thinking less of yourself; it is thinking of yourself less." C.S. Lewis
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

I sent Devourer images here, may I suggest PM's. Otherwise the thread will become a HUGE download problem. I can go back and delete the Devourers.

Also I use the PC version so images will be a different size. What would be the preferred "width". Resizing one with the other scaled should be close enough.

The choice is yours
I'll be glad to help as far as I can reach them.
I was always AFK!
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

@L3on3 - Why not point out your "Shop - Drop - Chest Guide!"
I have it as a text file so not really as helpful as your online guide
I was always AFK!
davidjett

Post by davidjett »

@LostKnight Agreed, PMs would be best to avoid clutter. Whatever size is easiest for you as I can resize and edit in Photoshop. I'm playing via PC as well so 90% of the grabs come from that source. Thanks again for your willingness to assist!
David

SellSword

Post by SellSword »

One thing to keep in mind is that you should get the ok on posting any sort of link on the forum. Since GMs added the list from Syor and others to the general information section of the forum new links could be included there as GMs allow. Make it simple and prominently displayed.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
davidjett

Post by davidjett »

Good call, definitely do not want to step on any toes so when I have a "beta" version ready to go I'll ping the GMs for approval prior to posting.
David