Blood worm killing

You need help? Check the general infos or post your question here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Gullander

Blood worm killing

Post by Gullander »

So I have a level 230 dwarf trying to kill a blood worm for Hobbs quest with Gullander tanking. I have been softening up the worm leaving more than 50% for my dwarf to kill but after half a dozen rather lengthy battles no drop of keys for my dwarf. So two questions...1. am I doing something thing wrong in assuming more than 50% of a kill will get the drop and/or 2. Is this a last hit quest and I am wasting my time letting my dwarf do more than half the killing? I wouldn't have bothered to ask but I can't recall it taking more than 3 kills for a drop since a quest item in previous attempts. Maybe I'm just unlucky this time? :(

Added later...I noticed in the blood worm entry in the nifty database davidjett put together the key drop rate is 20% so no drop in 6 isn't too far fetched, assuming my 50%+ xp left is a sound procedure. Anyone know for sure?
Retired
Syor

Re: Blood worm killing

Post by Syor »

hello my friend
I made that kill on my own at about 500 level. And it was difficult.
I remember a killed a ten / maggots before To see the drop.

So I don't think it has a 50% drop, but much lower.
Freya Syor
Sword Syorina
ITALIAN
Italian Ignobili Group Messenger
There is no game without fun
mYHome

Post by mYHome »

Gullander wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 7:33 am So I have a level 230 dwarf trying to kill a blood worm for Hobbs quest with Gullander tanking. I have been softening up the worm leaving more than 50% for my dwarf to kill but after half a dozen rather lengthy battles no drop of keys for my dwarf. So two questions...1. am I doing something thing wrong in assuming more than 50% of a kill will get the drop and/or 2. Is this a last hit quest and I am wasting my time letting my dwarf do more than half the killing? I wouldn't have bothered to ask but I can't recall it taking more than 3 kills for a drop since a quest item in previous attempts. Maybe I'm just unlucky this time? :(

Added later...I noticed in the blood worm entry in the nifty database davidjett put together the key drop rate is 20% so no drop in 6 isn't too far fetched, assuming my 50%+ xp left is a sound procedure. Anyone know for sure?
when i did this quest it was awful !! i killed 17 worms to get the key !! and a friend killed only 2))) there was a random fall
Live while the soul lives
i love making maps
Little active

_WORD_
mYHome
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

Oh my! 17 kills was torture! And yes for a dwarf/Freya killing it is very hard without help.

I went back and around midnight finally got the drop! The random can be very evil at times! :o I guess my 50%+ procedure was ok to use. ;)
Retired
Caveman567

Post by Caveman567 »

Ive killed over 200 blood worms the last couple days and no drop :(
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

Caveman567 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:53 am Ive killed over 200 blood worms the last couple days and no drop :(
Did you get the quest to check on the missing guard, and then the guard told you about the worms stealing keys?
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
El.Menda

Post by El.Menda »

Me same...

Axeman lvl 230.

I killed 100% blood worm.

I killed about 25/30 .

My friend tank it.

0 DROP!

i leaved it
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

I just went to test this. I made sure I had the quest below in my quest book to start then started with a spawn of 8 worms. I didn't get an exact count but at 3-4 kills I had the keys drop.

No quest below = no drop though. If you haven't been sent to check on the guard and then talked to the guard you won't be able to get the keys to drop.
Screenshot_20220810-055212_Forgotten Tales.jpg
Screenshot_20220810-055212_Forgotten Tales.jpg (64.84 KiB) Viewed 1166 times
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Caveman567

Post by Caveman567 »

I have this exact quest and have been killing bloodworms 3 days now! No drop.
Caveman567

Post by Caveman567 »

Got it finally dropped!