system requirement to play forgotten tales

You need help? Check the general infos or post your question here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

compbatant
Site Admin

Re: system requirement to play forgotten tales

Post by compbatant »

SK1976 wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:04 pm @compbatant...

please give us the system requirement for this game.

its important to play ft in the future, if someone will buy a new device (phon/tablet/pc).

not all tablets are able to play this game i think.

The old version 6.8.1 is off now, and i think if players will buy new devices .... what functions are needed to play this game in the future. China-tablets i think wont work.
a minimum resolution is needed. ? a special rendering is needed ? open gl or what? gps? what is important to have long time fun ith a new device.

in some countries devices are expensive for players. players should not buy a not working one with ft.

kind ragards... sK:)
I don't think you can buy new device which doesn't support OpenGL ES 3.0 which is the only requirement for the game. My old phone from 2012 already supported it.
Theoretically Android 4.1 (from 2012) is needed to play the game but funny fact is that OpenGL ES 3.0 was added officially to Android 4.3 but there were few devices before with Android 4.1 or 4.2 which already supported it.
In some time I will change requirement to Android 4.4 (from 2013) because newer google libraries require it.
Only 4.5% of players used the old FT 6.8 version. Because providing backward compatibility for that version was becoming more and more difficult I decided to finally drop support for it.
SK1976

Post by SK1976 »

I fully understand the look into the future, but:

In some countries new devices are realy expensive.
I dont think that players will buy new devices ONLY for this game.

We loosing those players now :(

:(

Kind regards...SK:)
DUKE of SK-Clan
compbatant
Site Admin

Post by compbatant »

SK1976 wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:01 pm I fully understand the look into the future, but:

But why 95.5% of players must suffer because of 4.5% with really old devices. I can't add many new features if old version must to be still supported.
I checked the cheapest phones in my country which are for around 60$ USD and they have OpenGL 3.0 support. It is impossible in my country to buy phone
which can't run current version of FT.
mYHome

Post by mYHome »

compbatant wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:09 pm
SK1976 wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:01 pm I fully understand the look into the future, but:

But why 95.5% of players must suffer because of 4.5% with really old devices. I can't add many new features if old version must to be still supported.
I checked the cheapest phones in my country which are for around 60$ USD and they have OpenGL 3.0 support. It is impossible in my country to buy phone
which can't run current version of FT.
agree with you)) the game should get better despite 4.5% <players
Life is a precious gift, don't waste it
Value yourself and your time
SK1976

Post by SK1976 »

many of poor players using maybe ChinaPhones or ChinaTablets at home. Are they have OpenGL ? idk ?

Is it a costing issue to let the old version still run ?

Maybe those players knowing they can not go to every map.
But they wanna enjoy the game too :)
DUKE of SK-Clan
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Lets look between the lines:
Cpmp wrote:In some time I will change requirement to Android 4.4 (from 2013) because newer google libraries require it.
Only 4.5% of players used the old FT 6.8 version. Because providing backward compatibility for that version was becoming more and more difficult I decided to finally drop support for it.
A portion of the problem lays with Google.
We were told a long time ago that this was coming.
SK1976 wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:42 pm Is it a costing issue to let the old version still run ?
Just a wild guess here but that might be a small part of it, along with "time" involved in tweaking it to allow it to run with other outdated and or unsupported libraries.

That time is taken away from supporting the active current game.
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
generous11

Post by generous11 »

SK1976 wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:42 pm many of poor players using maybe ChinaPhones or ChinaTablets at home. Are they have OpenGL ? idk ?

Is it a costing issue to let the old version still run ?

Maybe those players knowing they can not go to every map.
But they wanna enjoy the game too :)
nowadays the most of devices support open GL 3.0 and upper. so hard to find someone with a phone above 2014 (to be less old) with a phone not having support for this game.
graphics of this game are low demanding (unlike pubg for example or mortal kombat), even samsung galaxy J5 supports pubg (really big game with high demand on graphics).
best regards
super arch "1227"
super axe "111"
generous11 "110"
super club "178"
super sord "84"

Clans: [SK], [ryo]
"Never say never!" :)