Item list for MMORPG

You need help? Check the general infos or post your question here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

blitzcraig

Re: Item list for MMORPG

Post by blitzcraig »

Orion, you're right....for rpg only though - remember this is not the offline thread ;)
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
0rion79

Post by 0rion79 »

Yes, I know but .... math doesn't lie. Even without the claymore, the razor sword is given to a monster that is too strong if compared to its reward. After all, it is what: a level 25 weapon dealing 32 damage....
I know that hordes of players may join the MMORPG but how are you supposed to kill vampires then? Just by critical hits or huge amount of spells?
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

I'm not arguing with your math ;)

Two things I think you may not be considering though:
1> when the razor sword was introduced, it was the most powerful weapon in the whole game..obviously a lot has changed since then and needs re balanced... compbatant is working on that as we speak (or type LoL)
2> we can't forget the social aspect of the mmo ... what I mean is that it is OK (and I would argue even beneficial) to have some gear that is unobtainable for the level of player who can use it...it encourages in-game interaction and creates its own FT economy that way
⬜ 💣 🌏
0rion79

Post by 0rion79 »

blitzcraig wrote:I'm not arguing with your math ;)

Two things I think you may not be considering though:
1> when the razor sword was introduced, it was the most powerful weapon in the whole game..obviously a lot has changed since then and needs re balanced... compbatant is working on that as we speak (or type LoL)
2> we can't forget the social aspect of the mmo ... what I mean is that it is OK (and I would argue even beneficial) to have some gear that is unobtainable for the level of player who can use it...it encourages in-game interaction and creates its own FT economy that way
Lol for point 1; "why?" for point 2. Never played the MMO because - as known - just not interested in the category. So, may you better explain?
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

1> I do not understand what you are questioning with your question of "why?" ... if you're asking why it was the most powerful weapon, then the answer is because the higher level weapons hadn't been introduced yet. If you're asking why things have changed, then the answer is because the game has been developed and grown. If you're asking why things need balanced, I'm really confused because that's what all of your posts are about. If you're asking why creator is working on it, then the answer is because he is trying to build an even better game.

2> I'm aware of this, that's why I was shedding a little light into the differences... something that may be a legitimate weakness or problem in the rpg, May fit perfectly well into the mmo... which leads back to my original post reminding you that your complaint is justified perfectly when thinking about rpg, but doesn't really fit when thinking about the mmo.
⬜ 💣 🌏
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

LoL, after reading your reply again, I'm thinking I may have answered your questions backwards... I'll try again in case: 2> if there are items in the game that are difficult/impossible to acquire for the person who most wants it, then they will try to get those items by trading/buying (or even doing favors for somebody)... this helps tremendously with the social aspect of the game, which is generally considered the primary strength of this genre of game... it is good for both players: the high level player can get more for the item than it is worth in the shop, while the low level player gets extra satisfaction from obtaining the item than they would if it were easy to get ;)
⬜ 💣 🌏
0rion79

Post by 0rion79 »

Oh yes. Second answer is what fits my question! Thanks
joeylamcy

Post by joeylamcy »

in silverwood shop, it should be steel legs, frost legs, and golden legs ;)
  • joeylamcy(archer,130)
  • j0eylamcy(mage,110+)
  • meatshield(ogre,75)
  • j0ey1amcy(dwarf,50+)
  • Chris_Wong(swordsman,10+,backup&storage)
profa

Post by profa »

joeylamcy wrote:in silverwood shop, it should be steel legs, frost legs, and golden legs ;)
Changed, thanks! :)
0rion79

Post by 0rion79 »

Hi, sorry: isn't the Ice Armor available in the blitzbee shop missing from the list?