Gamemaster Apprenticeship Program

You need help? Check the general infos or post your question here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

SellSword

Re: Gamemaster Apprenticeship Program

Post by SellSword »

RioTkoSK wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:20 pm I think if someone already filled out application form and really wants to be a GM, he is aware of any violation or disobeying of rules or GM's laws so if anyone else wants to put down geodude's intention of becoming a GM and trying to help others,,, come on do it...
I think it is job of "The Team" anyway...
Good luck Geogude (crossed fingers), I hope u gonna be good GM.
It is nice when an applicant is honest and forthcoming about rule violations, but that has not always been the case. While "The Team" would likely be able to check on past punishments I think that general players should always weigh in on applicants as well. There may be concerns or support for applicants that would not otherwise be known.

That being said, I'm neither supporting nor opposing his application.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Lestat

Post by Lestat »

I have 2 things to say.

First, thanks to those who commented on my application, both positive and negative. I do however think I didnt make the cut, which I can accept.

Second, any encounters I have had with geodude have never been positive, nor have I seen any positive from him.
lestat / sword 1038
OgreLes / ogre 2001
Loco / archer 250
-ForKotu- / mage 1143
krampdtyl / dwarf 125
Duke clans ObeY, -OC-
Geodude170

Post by Geodude170 »

I've been hearing a lot of people not happy with me attempting to become a GM.. Like i said, I am sorry for my past behavior with all of you. Please leave my past behavior in the past.. I am really trying to make something out of myself here...
Geodude170

Post by Geodude170 »

SellSword wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:15 am
RioTkoSK wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:20 pm I think if someone already filled out application form and really wants to be a GM, he is aware of any violation or disobeying of rules or GM's laws so if anyone else wants to put down geodude's intention of becoming a GM and trying to help others,,, come on do it...
I think it is job of "The Team" anyway...
Good luck Geogude (crossed fingers), I hope u gonna be good GM.
It is nice when an applicant is honest and forthcoming about rule violations, but that has not always been the case. While "The Team" would likely be able to check on past punishments I think that general players should always weigh in on applicants as well. There may be concerns or support for applicants that would not otherwise be known.

That being said, I'm neither supporting nor opposing his application.
Yes Sellsword I know everything I said and done. But that is in the past now. I know you most likely do not like my but I am really changing. I respect everyone including you.
Geodude170

Post by Geodude170 »

Lestat wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:43 am I have 2 things to say.

First, thanks to those who commented on my application, both positive and negative. I do however think I didnt make the cut, which I can accept.

Second, any encounters I have had with geodude have never been positive, nor have I seen any positive from him.
I honestly have no clue who you even are.. When have I been rude to you?
WARBRINGER

Post by WARBRINGER »

Probably best not to have a discussion regarding that here as it disrupts the thread. Agreed, though, Lestat ;) Perhaps, unless anyone else has something to share, it would be best not to continue this conversation.
WARBRINGER [raw][Very Hungry Ogre]
BlackBows [rod][Archer]
Echoes :twisted: [Duke of NTL][Sword]
Black Rose [AD][Mage]
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

WARBRINGER wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:10 pm Probably best not to have a discussion regarding that here as it disrupts the thread. Agreed, though, Lestat ;) Perhaps, unless anyone else has something to share, it would be best not to continue this conversation.
+1
I was always AFK!
I was LK, A Friendly Knight.
LordSeth

Post by LordSeth »

Anything offensive can be left unsaid but feedback is always welcome. That's why applying for a GM position is submitted in a public thread. You can support an application with a short explanation or decline a application with a short explanation. As long as it's nothing offensive so the applicant does not feel discouraged or offended. We do look into the past of each applicant so it's not needed to be brought up here but recruiting a new GM is a team discussion that reflects on the applicant's past and current behavior and the public votes.

Applicants can wait between a few weeks up to 6 months before a respond. So time is given to show truth in why one should be a mod. And the applicant is watched often so if the development team approves everyone will feel comfortable it was a good decision.

So any who have applied don't feel discouraged because you have not gotten a respond. There may still be possible chances or there may not be. But keep being the best you can for the players.
Game Administrator
LORD SETH
Languages: English
Useful Links:
- General game help
- Quest list
- Forum Rules
- Game Rules
FOLLOW RULES THEY ARE HERE FOR A REASON
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Please fill out this form when posting
• My MMO Main account is...
-> LostKnight

• All other MMO accounts are...
-> Max Walker
-> Cosair
-> The rest, as advised by a GM, will be sent to the GM Inbox

• What accounts have you shared / bought / sold / traded?
-> None

• When did you start playing Forgotten Tales?
-> ± 13/09/2017

• Why do you want to be a mod?
-> Love the game, hate cheaters and just want to help keep it going in the right direction.

• Why do you think you should be a mod?
-> Let's just say; I don't lie, I don't cheat; I don't steal. I've reached the stage that I'd like to help keep the liars, cheaters and thieves (scammers) out of the game. I am a moderator on another forum, I treat all there the same whether I know them or not. Being good or bad isn't about age, nationality or culture, it's about attitude. I've got a busy life and at times and have to "run now" (don't we all) but I am retired and as such have a lot of time to dedicate to the game I enjoy, which I do I play a lot. So, since, I am around a lot, probably a lot more than most GM's, I got to thinking I'd like the chance to put that time into making the game more enjoyable for the honest players and a little harder for you who aren't.

• Have you ever been muted? If so, what for?
-> No

• Have you ever been outlawed? If so, what for?
-> No

• Why should we accept you into the Mod community?
-> That is your choice not mine to say, however to repeat:
-> I don't lie, I don't cheat; I don't steal.
-> I use to get so mad and angry at PvP'ers as this is my first experience at an MMOG. OK, had to accept that's the way it is. So now I just log off and do something else. Have gained a bit of patience by accepting that fact and I've adopted a "suck it up buttercup" attitude, as in life, we don't like "everything" but we have to accept most things as they are.¹

• Did you read the Staff Rules (link above) before applying and will you follow them?
-> Yes, more than once and Yes, I will follow them to the best of my ability.

• What is the current keyword?
-> "Courage". 26/01/2018 <--- should be updated on a more regular basis

• List 3 names of people that can support you being a mod. How long have you known these people?
-> Leone
-> Gullander
-> SellSword
- - -> have known all of them well over a year
- - -> to my friends not listed, sorry, but they asked for three,
- - -> so I won't mention GOLGREN, Ryaca, Elgur, hungrywolf among others.

• In which country you live and what is your timezone?
-> Argentina UTC -3

• What language(s) can you speak/type?
-> English - I am a Canadian.
-> a little castellano (Spanish)

• Are you older than 18 years? ! Minimum age required is 18 years !
-> Oh yea, 18+ a few times over.

I define it as: Change my attitude to accept what cannot be changed and carry on with a :D
And I'm the first to admit, it doesn't always work, but it's getting better.
I was always AFK!
I was LK, A Friendly Knight.
WARBRINGER

Post by WARBRINGER »

LostKnight wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:59 pm
Please fill out this form when posting
• My MMO Main account is...
-> LostKnight

• All other MMO accounts are...
-> Max Walker
-> Cosair
-> The rest, as advised by a GM, will be sent to the GM Inbox

• What accounts have you shared / bought / sold / traded?
-> None

• When did you start playing Forgotten Tales?
-> ± 13/09/2017

• Why do you want to be a mod?
-> Love the game, hate cheaters and just want to help keep it going in the right direction.

• Why do you think you should be a mod?
-> Let's just say; I don't lie, I don't cheat; I don't steal. I've reached the stage that I'd like to help keep the liars, cheaters and thieves (scammers) out of the game. I am a moderator on another forum, I treat all there the same whether I know them or not. Being good or bad isn't about age, nationality or culture, it's about attitude. I've got a busy life and at times and have to "run now" (don't we all) but I am retired and as such have a lot of time to dedicate to the game I enjoy, which I do I play a lot. So, since, I am around a lot, probably a lot more than most GM's, I got to thinking I'd like the chance to put that time into making the game more enjoyable for the honest players and a little harder for you who aren't.

• Have you ever been muted? If so, what for?
-> No

• Have you ever been outlawed? If so, what for?
-> No

• Why should we accept you into the Mod community?
-> That is your choice not mine to say, however to repeat:
-> I don't lie, I don't cheat; I don't steal.
-> I use to get so mad and angry at PvP'ers as this is my first experience at an MMOG. OK, had to accept that's the way it is. So now I just log off and do something else. Have gained a bit of patience by accepting that fact and I've adopted a "suck it up buttercup" attitude, as in life, we don't like "everything" but we have to accept most things as they are.¹

• Did you read the Staff Rules (link above) before applying and will you follow them?
-> Yes, more than once and Yes, I will follow them to the best of my ability.

• What is the current keyword?
-> "Courage". 26/01/2018 <--- should be updated on a more regular basis

• List 3 names of people that can support you being a mod. How long have you known these people?
-> Leone
-> Gullander
-> SellSword
- - -> have known all of them well over a year
- - -> to my friends not listed, sorry, but they asked for three,
- - -> so I won't mention GOLGREN, Ryaca, Elgur, hungrywolf among others.

• In which country you live and what is your timezone?
-> Argentina UTC -3

• What language(s) can you speak/type?
-> English - I am a Canadian.
-> a little castellano (Spanish)

• Are you older than 18 years? ! Minimum age required is 18 years !
-> Oh yea, 18+ a few times over.

I define it as: Change my attitude to accept what cannot be changed and carry on with a :D
And I'm the first to admit, it doesn't always work, but it's getting better.
YES! JUST YES!! I fully support and even encourage LostKnight's application to become a GM! :) :) I look forward to seeing your GM nametag!
WARBRINGER [raw][Very Hungry Ogre]
BlackBows [rod][Archer]
Echoes :twisted: [Duke of NTL][Sword]
Black Rose [AD][Mage]