Gamemaster Apprenticeship Program

You need help? Check the general infos or post your question here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Gandalf
Site Admin

Gamemaster Apprenticeship Program

Post by Gandalf »

Welcome to the Gamemaster Apprenticeship Program.
We are happy to have players like you in this wonderful game!

[last update: 2015-march-30]

Please copy the form (see below) to your post and fill it out correctly. Only correctly filled out forms will be considered as an apply. other posts may be deleted instantly.

We all know that our process to find the best gamemasters is not perfect. We are no psychologists and we cannot spend days on background checks including server logfiles and all forum posts. We all were in your situation too.

So it will occur, that we miss some people. While writing this, I am 100% sure, that there is a player out there, who would do a far better job on my position and who would also do it, if we simply ask him. So do not take it as an offense, if you were declined by us. Patience can be the key. Or you can be a cool guy, having some edges, which could be slightly to rough to represent the FT staff team. Do not think, we don't still love you when we pass over you. Keep up the good work for our game, help the new players! We all need you out there!

If your application has been removed from this thread, it has or it is being evaluated by the staff team. You will be contacted, if it meets the criteria as mentioned below.

Back to the process in detail... You do not need to reach a particular level, nor you have to spend months on Forgotten Tales or purchase anything before you can become a gamemaster - those factors are not considered here. The application depends on the seats available and the current need for gamemasters. It is possible to have a perfectly eligible person, yet no seats available. If this is the case, he will be next in line.

Please note, that a certain level of speaking english is required to be able to become a gamemaster.

This is to ensure a good communication not just inside the game, but also in the staff group. We have native speakers, who decide, if you fulfil this criterion.

When chosen, an admitted apprentice normally will be added to the FT watchmen group and learn the basic way how the staff team works. After a while (and if he seems to suit the team), one of his characters will gain junior status, so he can use basic gamemaster powers. This does not mean, that he is a gamemaster already. Yet, the apprentice who shows good progress and is deemed ready, will graduate from the program and start his gamemaster career.

Remember: Becoming a gamemaster comes with sacrifices. You will have to follow the staff rules, which you find here. Read them first, before you apply!

Qualities sought after
Good attitude
Good attitude is a crucial quality sought after in a gamemaster. This is self-explanatory, a gamemaster must above all be polite and patient, as he will need to set the example and be the more mature in any situation.

Helpfulness
Giving a helping hand never hurts and usually will make you friends and it will get you noticed by the staff. Usually, if you have time to help other players, this means there is a greater chance that you will have time to Moderate, compared to players who stick more to themselves, which is not necessarily a flaw, yet helpful players are better fitted for Mod work.

Honesty/Transparency
Players who notice a glitch, and try to report it, rather than abuse it for personal gain, or other such more selfish things, are players who are more fit to be a gamemaster, as trust is a crucial component in Mod work. Same thing goes for language and PVP abuse. If you are one of those who speak up, we will know you won’t be afraid to take action, should things like these arise under your watch.

Sense of responsibility and Discreetness
With the mod work, there come huge responsibilites along. Within our staff team, we talk open about players, events etc. - there are many confindential informations included like account passwords, manners of individuals and so on. You have to be able to keep these secrets by yourself.

Please fill out this form when posting
• My MMO Main account is...

• All other MMO accounts are...

• What accounts have you shared / bought / sold / traded?

• When did you start playing Forgotten Tales?

• Why do you want to be a mod?

• Why do you think you should be a mod?

• Have you ever been muted? If so, what for?

• Have you ever been outlawed? If so, what for?

• Why should we accept you into the Mod community?:

• Did you read the Staff Rules (link above) before applying and will you follow them?

• What is the current keyword?

• List 3 names of people that can support you being a mod. How long have you known these people?

• In which country you live and what is your timezone?

• What language(s) can you speak/type?

• Are you older than 18 years? ! Minimum age required is 18 years !
MadMikael

Re: Gamemaster Apprenticeship Program

Post by MadMikael »

Thinking of applying?
I STRONGLY recommend you read this post viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13668

Updated 1/22/2017

The list has been cleaned of old applications.
If you applied before, I ask you to apply again, so we know you're still interested.
Please read the form carefully as it may have been updated since you last read it.
Looking forward to reading your application!
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
Dark Pit

Post by Dark Pit »

• My main account is Dark Pit

•MistKnight, RidgeWolf, and RidgeMastr

• None

• I've been playing for 1year

• I want to be a mod to help the forgotten tales players

•I think I should be a mod because I want to help the community get better and funner for people.

• nope I've never been muted

•on an old account because I got attacked by 4 people for no reason but not on my recent.

• Because I will be a great help to the community cause I am online and will help lots.

• Yes I read them , and I'll follow them strictly

•Cyclops

• Dagaron, Arrowgon, and MAGE_QUEEN

• United States, an my time zone is Mountain time

• Only English

• I'm 19
the duke

Post by the duke »

• My MMO Main account is...the duke1

Dukie the duke (dont playanymore) What accounts have you shared / bought / sold / traded? 
None
Spring 2015
To help out players and mod community
I think I would be good at helping others im active a lot
No
Yes just because i told a friend if he passed me i was going to kill him we battled a whole day streight
I really do think i woukd be good at helping the community i would treat everybody equal no favortism
• Did you read the Staff Rules (link above) before applying and will you follow them?
Yes of course
Tinkerbell
• List 3 names of people that can support you being a mod. How long have you known these people?
Chunk1 5 years who got me started. Naomi 7 months nornorsman 1.5 years
USA central time
English only
• Are you older than 18 years? ! Minimum age required is 18 years !

Yes 24
Silverjew

Post by Silverjew »

• My MMO Main account is...silverjew

Silverjew2 papamouse papamouse1 StinGer_ OLYMPOS
• What accounts have you shared / bought / sold / traded? Bought olympos

• When did you start playing Forgotten Tales?sometime around November 2016 not100%

• Why do you want to be a mod? I enjoy helping other players and want to take part in helping the game be a fair and enjoyable experience for all players

• Why do you think you should be a mod? Because my full intetion is to help keep the game expirence for all players be best it can be inside the rule guidlines

• Have you ever been muted? If so, what for?no

• Have you ever been outlawed? If so, what for?yes when i first started playing i wanted to see what outlaw was

• Why should we accept you into the Mod community?: I am a honest player who plays by the guidlines and im not a mod at the moment but still do what i can do help other players and will continue to do so

• Did you read the Staff Rules (link above) before applying and will you follow them?yes

• What is the current keyword?TinkerBell

• List 3 names of people that can support you being a mod. How long have you known these people?xkezzyv shortly after started playing westygreen since i started playing Demoman og shortly after i started playing

Us eastern standard time
English
• Are you older than 18 years? ! Minimum age required is 18 years !yes
JoeKur

Post by JoeKur »

My mmo acct is KABALI 2

All of my other mmo accts are JoeKut, JoeKen, and Dathedr, JoeKur, Diabolos, God Ares, SilentOne, Frostbrute, Ridikai2, OnlyHuman, renegade7, King Tut, and Neptune

I have never bought or sold an acct but i have been given accts and have given accts i have also given accts back to original players when they come back to game

I started playing this game in either september or october not completely sure which one

I want to be a mod because i want to help other mods and create less of a workload for them and i really like this game and want it to run as smoothly as possible

I think i should be a mod because im an active player who is easy to get along with and I feel like I can make a difference in this amazing game

I have been muted once as a request because i wanted to know how it works the mute was on Frostbrute

No i have never been outlawed I'm not much of a fan of pvp

I think you should accept me as a moderator because I'm easy to get along with, friendly, i like to help players and i want a fair game for others whichiI feel is achievable by having as much help as possible

Yes i did and i agree to follow them and to help others follow them if accepted and in many ways i sort of follow them noe

The current keyword is "mithril"

Three people that will support me as a mod are King Don who i met a week after i started, drewgor who started playing basically the same day i did and was helped by the same person who helped me and the third person who supports me is Deat who is a newer player that I met three weeks ago or so who ive spent a lot of time helping

I live in the United States and my time zone is the pacific time zone

I speak english but pull up google translate to try to communicate with others in game when needed

I am older than 18 i was born 3/13/96 if you need that
Last edited by JoeKur on Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
JoeKut; lvl 3551 Mage
JoeKur; lvl 603 Sword
Dathedr; lvl 146 Dwarf
Diabolos; lvl 76 Archer
Frostbrute; lvl 56 Ogre
Lotsacofy

Post by Lotsacofy »

My MMO Main account is...ZaccRobeck

• All other MMO accounts are...killer102 and _Freya_

• What accounts have you shared / bought / sold / traded? I share my ZaccRobeck and killer102 account with my girlfriend if she needs help.

• When did you start playing Forgotten Tales? Last your around October.

• Why do you want to be a mod? I want to be a mod because I want to help people and make sure nobody is breaking the rules.

• Why do you think you should be a mod? Because I am a good person, kind, I like helping people, and I want to help more as I go.

• Have you ever been muted? If so, what for? Yes because I asked

• Have you ever been outlawed? If so, what for? Yes for clan wars

• Why should we accept you into the Mod community?: You should accept me because I'm a very trustworthy and I can help anyone/everyone.

• Did you read the Staff Rules (link above) before applying and will you follow them? Yes I read them and I agree to follow them

• What is the current keyword? Ascanius

• List 3 names of people that can support you being a mod. How long have you known these people? I didn't ask anyone bit I know nightbaby and Bangtan will approve .

• In which country you live and what is your timezone? I live in the United States and my timezone is UTC-05:00

• What language(s) can you speak/type? Only English

• Are you older than 18 years? ! Minimum age required is 18 years ! Yes Im 25 about to turn 26 (02-14-91)
To be or not to be forgotten, there's always war to be solved and a battle to be won
Drewgor

Post by Drewgor »

• My MMO Main account is... Drewgor

• All other MMO accounts are... furao, ish, ArchWings, and
DADIZZ
• What accounts have you shared / bought / sold / traded? I shared ish to have roommate bring him into my new clan WAOC.

• When did you start playing Forgotten Tales? Yrs ago, lost track, oldest acc: DemonHellion, which is no longer.

• Why do you want to be a mod? To help ppl, to learn new ways to communicate with others, to make gaming in FT fair.

• Why do you think you should be a mod? To make it a fun experience for myself and others, always wanted to GM too.

• Have you ever been muted? If so, what for? 1x for being annoying because I was mad about a decision made.

• Have you ever been outlawed? If so, what for? Never.

I think that ppl should be treated fairly in pvp versus low lvls and high lvls.

• Did you read the Staff Rules (link above) before applying and will you follow them? Read them word for word, and yes I will follow them.

• List 3 names of people that can support you being a mod. How long have you known these people? SilverJew, Axmurderer, ssn. I've known them since I started Drewgor. SilverJew was the first to help me when I started Drewgor. Also ZaccRobeck for sticking with me during the hard times.

• In which country you live and what is your timezone? America, Timezone: Pacific

• What language(s) can you speak/type? English

• Are you older than 18 years? ! Minimum age required is 18 years ! I'm 36yrs old.
Ishh

Post by Ishh »

• My MMO Main account is...ishh

• All other MMO accounts are...ishh2

• What accounts have you shared / bought / sold / traded? No

• When did you start playing Forgotten Tales? I started about 3-4 month ago I belive

• Why do you want to be a mod? I want to help out the community. This is the most addicting game I've played and I want to help others

• Why do you think you should be a mod? I should be a mod because I am well spoken and never impatient. I'm always in a good mood and I want to help others :D.

• Have you ever been muted? If so, what for? No, never

• Have you ever been outlawed? If so, what for? Once for pvp

• Why should we accept you into the Mod community?: I should be accepted because I want to help others in need. I am very calm and never break rules.

• Did you read the Staff Rules (link above) before applying and will you follow them? Yes I did

• List 3 names of people that can support you being a mod. How long have you known these people? Silverjew-2 months 21gang-3 months abc6-1 month

• In which country you live and what is your timezone? USA/EST

• What language(s) can you speak/type? I can fluently speak and type in english and spanish

• Are you older than 18 years? ! Minimum age required is 18 years ! I am currently 20
Last edited by Ishh on Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dr-Octopus

Post by Dr-Octopus »

I would really like to help the staff team and would like to make this game better.So I have decided to apply for GM.I really dont like answering some question due to personal issue.If you guys(staff team ) team want than I can PM in detail.

• My MMO Main account is...
Dr-Octopus
I dont like to make them public.But if you want to know i can PM you guys.
• What accounts have you shared / bought / sold / traded?

I shared my alts because i was in clan.I shared them because it could help them in building and in defense stuff.But i am no more in clan and out of clan stuff so i have all my alt within me and nobody have access to my alts.I have never shared Dr-Octopus.
I have never bought/sold/traded my account.

Been like 2 years+
After being player for so many years I have decided to apply for GM.Game is getting bigger and better.But there are few GM.And I would like to help them and reduce there workload.And i want to make this game a funful game and best game.
I am helpful,trustful,honest,funful and responsible.I am not selfish guy too.And I treat all people same.
Yes.I was muted because i wanted to know what it would be like to be muted in past.(I have been muted only 2 times due to that reason)And some of the alts are muted because i requested GM to make me permanently muted.
Yes.PvP is part of the game.So I just become outlaw due to being participated in PvP.But I never attacked and killed defenseless people.I made some PvP fun like I used to attack 4 people or all people at once and used to die.And make them have fun and smile.But I will stop PvP if i am GM and Nowadays i am not involved in PvP with peoples.
Trustful,Helpful,Honest.
Yes.I read all.And I will follow them.
Ascanius
I have been playing for many years.And my favourite place is archer map.I have helped so many people in archer map also.So many would support me but here are my three person:-
1.Vasinta(1 year)
2.Kromel(1.5year)
3.Neon(2year)(He was my first friend in game.But I havent told him who i am actually.)

I love my country very much.Dont want to make it public.If u want to know i can send you pm.
English
• Are you older than 18 years? Yes.I am 22 years old.
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: