Forgotten Tales Damage Calculation Worksheet

You need help? Check the general infos or post your question here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

profa

Re: Forgotten Tales Damage Calculation Worksheet

Post by profa »

Piffl / El Majo wrote:Finally, the dex is sustracted (all your dex) of the magic damage, every spell cast.
I understand that DEX is substracted from magic damage only in PvP. Am I right?
Ashotovich wrote:
Piffl / El Majo wrote:Finally, the dex is sustracted (all your dex) of the magic damage, every spell cast.
So if my dex is higher enough than the enemy's one, then it's str who is more important? E.g. my enemy has dex=30. So if mine is 36, I always hit him. But if my str is 40 and his arm is also 40, then, following the formula, damage = (str - arm) * 2 = (40 - 40)*2 = 0?

And how do i calculate the critical hit damage?

Sorry for stupid questions, but I found no information regarding the formulas in General section.
Piffl/El Majo already explained everything, but I would just like to add that in Damage Calculator you have third sheet (Calculation) where you can see exactly what happened in the battle.

Time: seconds passed from the beginning of the fight. They are changed based on the hit rate - if you have weapon speed 7 then you hit every 0.7 seconds. For mages it is different - you can hit 7 times per second, so hit rate is 0.142857... seconds.

Dice roll: well, dice roll :-) If it is 5 then you have critical hit. If it is below 5 dexterity comes into play - your dexterity + dice roll have to be higher then enemy's dexterity. Example: your DEX is 50, enemy's is 45. If dice roll is -5 than your DEX + dice roll is 45 which is the same as enemy's DEX, so you miss. If dice roll is higher than -5 than you hit. Now, when you have a hit armor comes into play. If your dice roll was 4 enemy's armor does not reduce your attack. If your dice roll was lower than 4 then enemy's armor reduces your attack. I just realized that for a critical hit the dice roll is still random. It does not affect the calculation, but I will change this in some future version.

Damage: damage you did to the enemy.

Explanation: what happened in that turn. For instace, "Hit: STR not reduced by enemy's ARM" will be written if you got a hit and the dice roll was 4.

Enemy HP: current enemy HP. It will decrease as the fight progresses.

Enemy #: current enemy you are fighting, if you chose more than 1 enemy.

Mana left: only for mages, it tells you how much mana you have in every turn. It gets regenerated every 5 seconds.

PS. If you chose mage don't forget to enter mana! Right know Calculator does not validate parameters, but I will add in the future.

[Edit] I made a mistake when describing dice roll. It is now changed. I also have a bug which will be fixed soon (for dice roll <= 0 I did not compare dexterity, so the calculation is wrong).
Last edited by profa on Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ashotovich

Post by Ashotovich »

Ok, thanks. Now it's clear. Probably it could be good idea to fix a post with all formulas in General Information section, otherwise it's hard to find all the details.
Piffl / El Majo

Post by Piffl / El Majo »

On the game help you have a section with all the formulas ;)
You can acces it using the Help button of your FT aplication. This open a webpage with a lot of info.
Currently inactive
Game Admin (GM)

Useful Links: General game help | Quest list | Forum Rules | Game Rules

Languages Spoken: Català, Español, English
profa

Post by profa »

Piffl / El Majo wrote:On the game help you have a section with all the formulas ;)
You can acces it using the Help button of your FT aplication. This open a webpage with a lot of info.
...or click here:

http://ftmmorpg.dmgamestudio.com/help/

:-)
profa

Post by profa »

Ashotovich wrote:Ok, thanks. Now it's clear. Probably it could be good idea to fix a post with all formulas in General Information section, otherwise it's hard to find all the details.
What I miss is info about how monster attacks work. With this I could simulate the whole fight, with damage to a character.
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

Monster attacks work the same way...the only real difference is in rate of attack. The vast majority attack at a rate of 1 per second. There are, however, a few (catapult for example) which attack slower. Also, there are a couple in game now that attack faster. I will try to get you a list sometime, but no promises how fast it'll bee... very busy ;)
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
Unit123

Post by Unit123 »

I see damage like:
N00b_who_attacks_me=instant_kill
Contact me for any help
SoulSilver

Post by SoulSilver »

Could someone translate the explaining with -5 to +5 i dont get it on english. And google is a bad translater..
If you need something (specifically items) feel free to pm or visit my Topic "Forgotten Tales Market" in Off-Topic.

keinname lvl 180 Archer
Takarigua lvl 77 Mage
Karantigua lvl 44 Archer
DKAs Store Archer (Inaktive)
Arachnia

Post by Arachnia »

It would be good to know in what language you want the explanation to be given?
Retired Game Admin (GM)
For contact with staff, please send a PM to GM Inbox

Useful Links:
- Forum Rules | Game Rules
- Game Help | Monster list | Item list
HAMMERBITE

Post by HAMMERBITE »

I JUST HIT THINGS UNTILL THEY FALL DOWN