Camping PvP allowed?

You need help? Check the general infos or post your question here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Bloodilicious

Re: Camping PvP allowed?

Post by Bloodilicious »

Players should also be given the choice to participate in PvP or not. At least in my opinion.
For me, a pure PvE kind of player, allowing other people to attack me with no chance for me to retaliate unless they strike me first is faulty game mechanics.
The people who attacked me were mages around lvl 35.
I were 42 I believe.
There is really no way to target any of them and make a decent defence to their "alltomana" spaming attack.
If I could target them first and kill them off, one at a time before they can co-ordinate, maybe.
But there is no way to use tactics besides running away at this point.
You might consider a three-on-one fight with mages like this a good fun challenge.
I see it as impossible and a good way to ruin the game experience.
You call it a good aspect of the game. (Which I would to if I had a toggle function that removed myself completely from PvP)
I currently call it a game breaking aspect of the game.

If it were up to me I would have specific "free-for-all" PvP zones.
The "regular" zones would be no PvP unless you send a challenge to a different player.
Which they would be free to accept or deny. A dueling system.
Those who enjoy PvP can challenge others that are like-minded or simply head for the PvP zones.
The PvE players would be free to do PvE in their zones, and request duels at their own leisure if the urge for PvP arise.
I have specifically not joined a clan due to the "small" PvP Protection not joining one grants.
I know of other players who do the same.
Even though they want to be a part of a clan with friends, the fear of being attacked keeps them from joining.
As long as players feel a need to avoid certain game features, due to fear of it lowering or even ruining the game experience for them, makes the current PvP system faulty in my eyes.
Sorry for the rant and if I seem unclear in my wording.
It's late and English isn't my first language.
Active daily.

Languages Spoken: English, Swedish.
Cleopatra

Post by Cleopatra »

Unfortunately you're not the only one that considers it a "game breaking aspect of the game". Some of the best players end up leaving or quitting because of the forced PvP system. This is the main reason why I took a break at least temporarily from the game. But I have faith in the creator I know he considers these type of problems important hopefully will get fixed soon ^_^
Languages Spoken: English
Facebook name: Cleopatra Ft
I'm a veteran GM of almost 2 years
Dwarf = Worf, Soldier = Captn Kirk, Archer = Tuvok, Ogre = Quark, Mage = Almighty Q
If you can't play honestly then plz honestly don't play!
DaHobbit

Post by DaHobbit »

The RPG version is made for those that do not want to participate in the online version. I will admit that I've had a lot of issues where I was forced into a PvP situation where I did not want to be. I simply left the area if I was not able to defend myself - or didn't want to even try. I've even changed the times that I play my alt to avoid certain players and the PvP situations.

The system is not broken and it is my opinion that installing an on/off switch for PvP is a bad thing.
DaHobbit - Game Master (GM)
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

I love how many variations of opinions and solutions there are here (even though that obviously makes it very difficult to determine the best way to go)

My opinions are these: a PvP toggle switch would have to be done very carefully to avoid abuse. Best case scenario it improves game for PvM players, but damages it for PvP players. Worst case scenario it takes a bad issue and makes it much worse

However, I also find it utterly terrible (no offense here obviously, it's just that the game and community have grown substantially since these mechanics were put into place) players can be attacked by others while being disallowed by "fair play rules" to ever retaliate... it completely ruins game play while, at the same time, makes no sense toward providing any sense of reality into the game... again, I'm not complaining here. Like Cleo, I completely trust that compbatant will address this wisely...I'm sharing here in the hopes of encouraging others that you are not alone in your plight ;)
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
Bloodilicious

Post by Bloodilicious »

If a PvP toggle switch got implemented I would like it to have a "cooldown" when switched "On".
Simply so we wouldn't have players switching on/off all the time to avoid being killed, but kill others when able.
I would probably have it set at 72 hours. After 72 hours you would be free to toggle it off if you wanted, or choose to remain toggled "On" if you want to remain open to PvP.

Otherwise I would suggest adding a few non-pvp zones for those who want to talk or grind without fear of attacks from other players.
The zones I would have in mind for this are the "town/shop" zones.
Which would make the non-pvp zones to be: 0.0, 0.-1, 1.0, -1.1, -1.-2, 1.0, 2.-1, 3.1.
Dungeons and remaining zones would remain the same as they are today.

The PvP toggle switch feature wouldn't necessarily have to be a Player feature, but rather a Clan feature.
This would give us both PvM and PvP Clans. Not removing the protection non-clan players currently have if the switch is turned "Off". This would of course need a long cooldown upon activation. 72 hour minimum in my opinion.
(This would also allow me to finally join/make a Clan without worrying about PvP issues. ;) )

Concerning lower players being able to attack higher lvl players without them being able to retaliate...
I think an "automatic target attacking player" function would at least help giving attacked players a better chance.
This would at least make them able to retaliate/defend against the attacking player faster.
It is quite silly as a mage that if you're attacked, if you heal yourself directly without trageting the other player first, you will have less effective heals due to healing your attacker as well.

Then we have my dueling suggestion. Which I've already explained.
Active daily.

Languages Spoken: English, Swedish.
DEATHLOCK420

Post by DEATHLOCK420 »

Easy fix for pvp.
Make it same -3 rule.
Where a lvl 35 can't att a lvl 45 without both being in clan.
This would fix all these low lvlz mobbing up and jumping pplz. Would give us players a better chance to fight back.
Where that 35 can't att me with out being in clan also.
Cuz come on how hard is it to get 500k.( same note . U should be outlawed for declaning)
I think implementing at +3 rule along with the -3 rule would fix the pvp issue. And should be very 3asy for creator to put in game.
Because as Sec has said to toggle would be abused no real way around that.
This is a pvp gam3. But make the pvp fair on both sides of the scale.
Plz implement +3/-3 rule. Would do wonders.
naomi

Post by naomi »

DEATHLOCK420 wrote:Easy fix for pvp.
Make it same -3 rule.
Where a lvl 35 can't att a lvl 45 without both being in clan.
This would fix all these low lvlz mobbing up and jumping pplz. Would give us players a better chance to fight back.
Where that 35 can't att me with out being in clan also.
Cuz come on how hard is it to get 500k.( same note . U should be outlawed for declaning)
I think implementing at +3 rule along with the -3 rule would fix the pvp issue. And should be very 3asy for creator to put in game.
Because as Sec has said to toggle would be abused no real way around that.
This is a pvp gam3. But make the pvp fair on both sides of the scale.
Plz implement +3/-3 rule. Would do wonders.
this would be good if implemented coz jony cant attack me anymore :lol: his 900+ and im 300+ :cry:

if this happened, clan is useless since u cant attack clanned players(lower level than u) thru clan wars or even defending your castle..

i suggest in every map there is a small portion to camp where pvp is disable same as wer you are in a shop...so that u can go there to stop those who attack you whether has a clan or not :D
username:naomi lvl.1,631 archer (ADIK-Marshal)
username:naomii lvl.72 archer (ADIK-Duke)

IS NOW ACTIVE...
rearrow

Post by rearrow »

he say +3 -3 for non clanned attackers/defenders.if both are clanned all lvls can attack.
timecosum

Post by timecosum »

I'm good with the PvP the way it is. I don't attack anyone, except for outlaws or if it appears others are ganging up on a player.

I have been attacked several times and I'm just assuming it's cuz they want my pants or boots... That's fine, I just disrobe and let you kill me. Eventually you become outlaw, and I hunt you :evil:

I like this aspect of the game cuz anyone could just grind away mindlessly, the Pvp forces you to keep an eye open.

But if a big deal for others, I think simple fix is Pvp for clans only...
kingoo1

Post by kingoo1 »

Just wondering but I was away for some time, are mages still OP like they used to be?
Dedicated PvP Player, after long break I await the magnificence of helping and killing.

Kingoo1
Substitute Shinigami