"Kill 3 Lightning Blitzbees" Quest is broken.

You found a bug? Post it here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Khmer

Re: "Kill 3 Lightning Blitzbees" Quest is broken.

Post by Khmer »

I applaud an 809lvl character killing 3 L.B.B.'s :lol: ... not an easy assignment, Dwarves rock :D
DwarfTank

Post by DwarfTank »

Khmer wrote:I applaud an 809lvl character killing 3 L.B.B.'s :lol: ... not an easy assignment, Dwarves rock :D

Thank you :D
DwarfTank-lvl2270(Legendary Player)
ShadowHood-lvl2662
"You can lead a human to knowledge but you can't make one think."Kal-Not:2986BH
Cleopatra

Post by Cleopatra »

Yes I also noticed that you have to kill them solo without the aid of your pets to count
Languages Spoken: English
Facebook name: Cleopatra Ft
I'm a veteran GM of almost 2 years
Dwarf = Worf, Soldier = Captn Kirk, Archer = Tuvok, Ogre = Quark, Mage = Almighty Q
If you can't play honestly then plz honestly don't play!
Leone

Post by Leone »

Cleopatra wrote:Yes I also noticed that you have to kill them solo without the aid of your pets to count
Now there's a thought. There's another current post that discusses whether or not pets should be kept in the game. Rather than have them removed completely, how about changing the damage rating of particular monsters? Immunity from pets and only players can inflict damage.
Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

Leone wrote:
Cleopatra wrote:Yes I also noticed that you have to kill them solo without the aid of your pets to count
Now there's a thought. There's another current post that discusses whether or not pets should be kept in the game. Rather than have them removed completely, how about changing the damage rating of particular monsters? Immunity from pets and only players can inflict damage.
+1
BOO!:ghost:
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

Leone wrote:
While we are on the topic of pets, why not make sieges immune to damage from players. They are currently the only pets attackable in ft, yet the damage to them harms the player rather than the siege. Abuse of this mechanic is rampant. I could see allowing them to be targeted on a clan map and damaged themselves, but damaging a player that is clear across a map? That is bug abuse.
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

madmaniacal1 wrote:
Leone wrote:
While we are on the topic of pets, why not make sieges immune to damage from players. They are currently the only pets attackable in ft, yet the damage to them harms the player rather than the siege. Abuse of this mechanic is rampant. I could see allowing them to be targeted on a clan map and damaged themselves, but damaging a player that is clear across a map? That is bug abuse.
While, I agree, that this doesn't make much sense, it could be argued either way.
It would make more sense, that sieges were destroyed if attacked. But, as pets, I would assume they are quite fragile, and would be destroyed easily; this would make them almost useless.
However, increasing their durability would likely not be a good alternative either.

Now, attacking a siege to damage the player; well, I will quote the infamous "players are responsible for their own pets" thing; if you're sieging, you should be there near your engines. However, I suspect that this bug abuse is more when not in a siege context. In these cases, yes, I would say it is an abuse; like for instance, you're grinding, and your pets are parked, and someone kills you without even being near you. I would say, that this feature/bug of attacking siege weapons should only be in effect either 1) on clan maps only, or 2) when sieges are attacking; however, there are issues with both suggestions.
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

[quote="madmaniacal1"][/quote]
While we are on the topic of pets, why not make sieges immune to damage from players. They are currently the only pets attackable in ft, yet the damage to them harms the player rather than the siege. Abuse of this mechanic is rampant. I could see allowing them to be targeted on a clan map and damaged themselves, but damaging a player that is clear across a map? That is bug abuse."

Agree 100%.
Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

This is off topic but I feel the need to share this. I have heard several players in the game say that Madmaniac and Madmikael are the same person. If this was indeed the case, it made me laugh thinking that they just responded to each other on this thread! :lol:
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

Ryaca wrote:This is off topic but I feel the need to share this. I have heard several players in the game say that Madmaniac and Madmikael are the same person. If this was indeed the case, it made me laugh thinking that they just responded to each other on this thread! :lol:
haha, nope, we are not the same person.
This has been reiterated many times, by many people, including both of us.
Unfortunately, some will always believe what they want.

Anyway, is there an existing thread about the siege weapon "bug abuse" to kill players? Can someone direct me to it?
I would like to add my ideas there as well.
If not, madmaniacal1, would you mind making one?
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711