Craftingchances are not OK

You found a bug? Post it here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

MadMikael

Re: Craftingchances are not OK

Post by MadMikael »

While the claim that you can only obtain the item once from a chest isn't 100% true, it may as well be.
It's dropped by a hard to reach boss; and I've yet to meet a single player who's claimed they've managed to face this boss.
I agree 100% that this item, as well as the other one involved in one of the new quests, should have some means of obtaining... even a chance drop of 1/10000 would be far better than the chance now that is (for all intents and purposes) 0.
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
Leone

Post by Leone »

Which item is it?
SK1976

Post by SK1976 »

why 1/1000 ?

if a plyer ist 500 he never can reach such a drop.

if a player is 8000 he reach it but not need it !

u must make game ...... if u a player 500, u need items 500, must can drop such items and not lvl 1000 or more !

if a player is 1000 he not need an item or gear 500, but than he can drop it. at 500 not !

lol

funny game !
DUKE of SK-Clan
SK1976

Post by SK1976 »

it is bracelet 500 for mages !
DUKE of SK-Clan
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

Leone wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:36 pmWhich item is it?
I was referring to the jade pendant and the jade ring, which are needed for one of the new quests.

But there are several pieces of gear that are in fact only available once, as SK points out.
I remember, long ago, when mithril plates were such. A one time chest, which you had to get to at least level 50 to access (now it's 75, but back then it was 50; and 50 wasn't so easy).

But, the trend of a player who needs an item will have a hard time getting such a drop is not new either, and it's how most of the game is.
When I was a young swordsman, 4 years ago, I went up to level 100 with a level 20 sword.

Level 20 sword is dropped by Sapphire Dragons - which you can't really kill at level 20.
Level 25 sword was available from vampires - I could never get one to drop; but still, you could not kill them at level 25.
This trend was pretty much the same for all classes.

Now, you have multiple weapons up to 100 for all classes, and many are obtainable in quests and such, not just drops from enemies you can't kill.

So, looking at the history of FT, it is probable that these items will become more obtainable in the future, however, they may not necessarily be easy to get when you're the level that needs them.

In the meantime - if anyone wants to compose a list of items that should be added as obtainable, please do; also include your reasons why they should be - if it's used in crafting, for example, that means there's a higher demand for it; also, the lower success % in crafting chance could be a valid argument as well, to make an item more obtainable.

Leone

Post by Leone »

My first real money purchase was the lvl20 black axe for my dwarf. That lasted until LVL100 as far as I remember.

100 was a HUGE milestone back then. No pets, comparatively little gear, fewer maps and fewer monsters. It is much easier now but I love how the game has progressed.
SK1976

Post by SK1976 »

its the same as in real world.

as u r low and without moy u get nothing.

if u gigh u get all becouse u full of money.

money comes to money....

buy it or die !

i said...its funny lolololol
DUKE of SK-Clan
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

Leone wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:59 pm My first real money purchase was the lvl20 black axe for my dwarf. That lasted until LVL100 as far as I remember.

100 was a HUGE milestone back then. No pets, comparatively little gear, fewer maps and fewer monsters. It is much easier now but I love how the game has progressed.
Yes, for some of us that were around back then, I liken us to "crotchety old men (or women)" who say things like
"Back in my day, I had to walk to school 5 miles, in 10 feet of snow, uphill, both ways"... :lol:

While we may sound like that to the newer players, most of them will never really understand how much harder the game was back then.
Honestly, I do miss the challenge at times.
But I do agree, the game has progressed fairly nicely, and I think that the game is far more balanced now than it was then. It's the most balanced now that it has ever been. My argument to support that - the debates about balance seem to be divided down the middle (mostly), rather than completely lopsided as it was at one time.

MadMagus

Post by MadMagus »

On this topic, I'd like to show an example of how you can't count on the % for craft.

This is my chance of success on steel plates:
Success Chance: Show
ft0408steelplatechances.PNG
ft0408steelplatechances.PNG (133.97 KiB) Viewed 3520 times
I filled 70 spaces of my packs, half with carbon, half with iron ore.
I made 35 steel ingots.

This was my result:
My successes: Show
ft0408steelplatesuccesses.PNG
ft0408steelplatesuccesses.PNG (554.83 KiB) Viewed 3520 times
The mathematical odds of this happening are very, very low. However, math still says it's possible. Don't hate the player, hate the RNG ;)
You called me strong, you called me weak
But still your secrets I will keep
You took for granted all the times I
Never let you down
You stumbled in and bumped your head, if
Not for me then you'd be dead
I picked you up and put you back
On solid ground
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

MadMikael wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:04 pm Yes, for some of us that were around back then, I liken us to "crotchety old men (or women)" who say things like
"Back in my day, I had to walk to school 5 miles, in 10 feet of snow, uphill, both ways"... :lol:

While we may sound like that to the newer players, most of them will never really understand how much harder the game was back then.
Right, and five years from now I'll be saying,
Back when I started, the came wasn't so pampered as it is now. Why we actually have to work hard for 6 to 8 months to get to level 350. Today, puff, almost handed to you on a silver platter in 6 weeks.
Oh and by the way: I had to walk a mile and a half in 3 feet of snow, in winds that whipped it up so you couldn't see 10 feet, at 25°F below. Think: flat prairies of Manitoba, no hills there. Kids today; BUS: 5 blocks.
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.