A LOT of minor bugs

You found a bug? Post it here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Dr.Wheelbarrow

A LOT of minor bugs

Post by Dr.Wheelbarrow »

A list of bugs. Most of them so minor that i laugh every time i think about reporting them.

My ingame name: Dr.Wheely
1. A cow can be heard in many odd places with no cows nearby. i.e. 0.-3.71.15, -1.1.98.24, 149.149.55.10

2. If a keyboard is closed while typing a chat message, it can not be reopened without clicking on the chat icon again, which clears whatever was already typed.

3. Archers projectile (the arrow), can sometimes get stuck mid air. I was unable to replicate this, but it happened multiple times.
image: Show
astuck.jpg
astuck.jpg (230.75 KiB) Viewed 3718 times
4. Unlike when attacking, the animation of chopping, mining, building gets reset every time the 'attack' button is pressed.

5. It is possible to mine a resource from 2 tiles away, i wasnt able to replicate this, but im sure everyone has seen this at some point.
mine2t.jpg
mine2t.jpg (132.35 KiB) Viewed 3718 times
6. If you target an enemy, start walking away (by tapping on screen instead of using the joystick) then as you're walking change your target to a different enemy, you will fly towards at high speeds. It takes quite a lot of practice and is very fun to do :). I have a video of this, but do not know how to add an mp4 file.

7. When clicking on screen (to move) and then stopping that movement with a joystick, and then attempting to move using the joystick, the game will ignore your commands and walk towards the spot you initally clicked on. Again, i don't know how to add a video to the post.

8. Some objects block the visibility of icons:
blok.jpg
blok.jpg (286.14 KiB) Viewed 3718 times
9. I'm unable to post more bugs because they require a photo to be uploaded, and it seems the forum doesn't like more than 3, so I'll leave them for later.

Sorry, most of them, as I said are very minor and unimportant. Some of them might have been reported before, if so, i couldn't find that post with a quick search of keywords.
If anyone has some additional information on the bugs I wasn't able to replicate, please let me know.
Leone

Re: A LOT of minor bugs

Post by Leone »

Good post. These are things we accept as the norm but maybe they shouldn't be.

I play with sound off so the cow doesn't bother me.

3 archer arrow. I play an archer and same for me - prob same for all archers. It's strange, that's for sure, but perhaps useful to know where to spawn enemies. It does annoy me a little tbh to see a stationary arrow:)

5 is definitely a bug that is an advantage if you are mining like you show or building for your clan. But as you say is a bug. It shouldn't be there.

I'll let others comment about your other points.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

Hey, I'm an "other," so that's my cue!

1. Sound off as well, so no idea that was a thing.

2. Haven't experienced this.

3. I've had this with fairies and staff stans before. Log off and it's gone, so I don't know if just the person that "caused" it can see it, but it doesn't seem to affect anything.

4. This seems like just an animation thing and might not matter much at all. Kind of like your character facing the wrong way when mining or chopping wood as things still wok fine.

5. Ditto Leone.

6. Those things with really fast movement are often lag related from what I've heard. Maybe some sort of delay before the character moves to the new target and it self corrects by quickly jumping to the new target? Sort of guessing here.

7. Yeah, this one really stinks, but it's temporary. I think a suggestion was made to stop and try walking other directions, or just tap the joystick a few times. Annoying, but short in duration...

8. Seen this a time or two, but I think buttons still work like this. Kind of a visual thing and not a functional thing I believe.

9. As madmaniacal1 said in your other post it is not a bad idea to post if you think there is some issue. Often times there isn't much of anything to the issue, but better it be known.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

1. A cow can be heard ...
· · · "No Sound" - game or music. Saves battery I think so not noticed.

2. If a keyboard is closed ...
· · · Yes, annoying as all get up and go!

3. Archers projectile (the arrow), can sometimes get stuck mid air.
· · · Yes I have noticed as well.
· · · · · · Add a Mage's/Fairy's 'flame' or whatever it is they 'project' does the same.

4. Unlike when attacking, the animation of chopping, mining, ...
· · · Noticed that too, but if it doesn'r reset the "time" to the next stone, a non issue IMHO

5. It is possible to mine a resource from 2 tiles away
· · · Yes, I saw someone mining a dwarf in the mithril room under Silverwood. In other words the dwarf was between him and the mith, but he was mining mith.

6. If you target an enemy, start walking away...
· · · Oh must try this one

7. When clicking on screen (to move) and then stopping ...
· · · Must try this one too.

8. Some objects block the visibility of icons:
· · · and also an NPC's (?), which makes him difficult to find.

9. The 3 image limit ....
· · · just finish the first post and continue with another post. That's what I have done in the past.

If anyone has some additional information on the bugs I wasn't able to replicate, please let me know.
· · · No sure if a bug or not and I know it has been mentioned before but here goes:

· · · An Archers "Double Speed" skill has no visual indicator that it is active.

AND

· · · I can't remember ... got distracted by RL :(
· · · · · · unless that's a bug too!
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

Many very good points here. The keyboard one I regularly have issues with. Most of the rest are either minor graphical glitches, or the result of lag. I have seen strange things because of lag. Monsters and players fighting (and hitting each other from other areas of the map. Usually, one of them moving causes it to shift to the correct positioning. I think the 2-range miner may have been in that category, although clan building has an even farther range, with no glitch. Autowalk (number 7) is perhaps the most annoying of all. Lastly, LK is right about archer speed skill not changing the animations.
Omnes Autem Uri
Dr.Wheelbarrow

Post by Dr.Wheelbarrow »

SellSword wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:38 am
6. Those things with really fast movement are often lag related from what I've heard. Maybe some sort of delay before the character moves to the new target and it self corrects by quickly jumping to the new target? Sort of guessing here.
It's not lag because a lag would be a one time thing. I can do it 70% of the time. Also if it was lag, others wouldn't be able to see it.

As i said before. Most of these are so minor that they have absolutely no impact on the gameplay, but they are bugs nevertheless.
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

These are for laughs....at 0.0 fishing and my player is fishing the grass and catching fish! Saw a thrown fish spinning in the air with no one there. At Kraken island my player even though away from water edge was catching fish...didn't even try to fish...magical place I guess. Mining with pets looked like I was picking the pet in the head but still got ore. Just a day or two ago a player disappeared but the spawn he was fighting died and fell to the earth. Like I said some magic at work...not bugs...I am sure Sebastius is behind all these weird occurrences.
Retired
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Sebastius, huh! Why the dirty little ... :roll:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.