Cheats and Hacks

You found a bug? Post it here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Calypso

Cheats and Hacks

Post by Calypso »

Plz explain how it takes a player 20 minutes to get through a lvl 3 gate. And only 5 minutes to get through a lvl 39 gate? And why cheats and hacks are not seeked out?
MadMikael

Re: Cheats and Hacks

Post by MadMikael »

The simplest guess would be, that they're two different players.
This would depend on what their siege skill is.
It is briefly mentioned in this post, although not really covered.
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=13964

The higher the siege skill, the more efficient it becomes and the faster you can take down buildings.

EDIT: the manual (aka the help file) which is viewed from the game menu was updated last year.
You may find it very useful for getting to know the game more.
Here's a link to that too
http://ftmmorpg.dmgamestudio.com/help/
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
Calypso

Post by Calypso »

I saw the whole thing. He was by himself. And had a hard time getting thru that lvl 3 gate. We were at our north wall still lvling up our lvl 39 gate. Once we finished we backed away from the gate. One of my members said to him. If you get thru that you are Houdini. 5 minutes later our lvl 39 gate vanished before our eyes. But yet the lvl 3 gate was still on the screen. He killed us all causing 3 of my members to quit. Claiming this game allows this to go on. For example another clan leader saw his lvl 411 tower vanish before his eyes allowing this same player to destroy their clan. Another watched as his lvl 322 Fort vanished off the game screen. And yes it was the same player. Now this is 3 different clans saying the exact same thing. Buildings just disappearing off the screen. Thats called a cheat...a hack. So plz don't play me as an ignorant noobie who just started playing these games. You have heard these complaints before and blame them on bugs. But its the same player doing this. Why do you ignore the fact that he is cheating? And why do you blame it always as a bug?
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

Calypso wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:27 pm I saw the whole thing. He was by himself. And had a hard time getting thru that lvl 3 gate. We were at our north wall still lvling up our lvl 39 gate. Once we finished we backed away from the gate. One of my members said to him. If you get thru that you are Houdini. 5 minutes later our lvl 39 gate vanished before our eyes. But yet the lvl 3 gate was still on the screen. He killed us all causing 3 of my members to quit. Claiming this game allows this to go on. For example another clan leader saw his lvl 411 tower vanish before his eyes allowing this same player to destroy their clan. Another watched as his lvl 322 Fort vanished off the game screen. And yes it was the same player. Now this is 3 different clans saying the exact same thing. Buildings just disappearing off the screen. Thats called a cheat...a hack. So plz don't play me as an ignorant noobie who just started playing these games. You have heard these complaints before and blame them on bugs. But its the same player doing this. Why do you ignore the fact that he is cheating? And why do you blame it always as a bug?
There is a bug that is known about that can cause some buildings to turn invisible.
We know how to fix it when it's reported, but we don't know what causes it.
Why?
You can see for yourself, in this very part of the forum.
How many real bug reports do you see?
This one doesn't even qualify - because your info is not complete, and it can't be considered more than simple rumour at this point.
You're not giving anywhere the required info to make a check on this.
There is a posted form to follow, here:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=975

Which lists:

Code: Select all

To report a bug, please copy this form and paste if on a new topic under this main topic.

FT Account name: (main/common name)
Time of bug: (if about same time as the post then put "Same time as post", or use FT time with /time command)
Where: (where is the bug)
What: (what happened)
Why: (Why do you think this is a bug)
Other comments: (add any other information you think is relevant)

Thanks for following this format form. This will help get more information to creator in fixing the bugs.
Since you seem to be unsure, let me also point out:
Names of all accounts involved would help, especially the "offender" you claim, who I don't see named.
A map number, and where on the map would narrow it down too - use /pos.
A time frame to narrow it down would help as well - use /time.
Names of the clan(s) involved.
Then your above story would actually be usable in some way.

The logs on the server are not small and the GM are not psychics, despite the stories you believe from others.
A simple "complaint" as you put it is not enough; most players seem to think that a line or two of text in game is enough to fix a bug. It isn't.
None of us are inclined to spend several hours searching the server on a vague report when you could take 5 minutes and give information.
So you and your friends who have also seen this, if they want it fixed, can get on the forum and make reports. Or live with it.
As always, if you do not wish to publish details publicly, private messages are available, and I'd refer you to the GM Inbox.
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
Calypso

Post by Calypso »

Thank you. I will get on it now.