Mage damage issue

You found a bug? Post it here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Sumit

Mage damage issue

Post by Sumit »

First of all i would like to request u to take calculator in hand. I dont know if all of u who use mage have same doubt like i do, I have a doubt in mage damage in pvm. Its said that mage damage calculation are calculated as=
50+2.5×(mana)=damage. Green flow spell.
Ok my problem is
1. without using gear my mana is 1998 so damage should be= 50+2.5×1998=5045, (pvm)
2. with using gear my mana is 3708 so damage should be =50+2.5×3708=9320, (pvm)
But using gear does same damage
Using gear damage = 5045
without using gears = 5045
So even if i use gear i does same damage as without using gears. So using gears does not mage any changes in stats. Using gears stats and without using gears have same stats. I tested on monsters without magic resist. Am i only the one facing this problem or
Is this a game bug or what? May i know why my damage r not exactly as given in mannual and in game calculation. My class is mage.
Plz some body know it can anyone explain me. Thankyou in advance.....
madmaniacal1

Re: Mage damage issue

Post by madmaniacal1 »

In the Game Manual, it states that mana from gear is not calculated for healing or damage. Mana from gear only adds to your maximum available mana for casting spells. This is not a bug, but by design, to balance the higher damage rate of higher level mages. I hope this info helps, and hope you will also check the Manual more thoroughly. It has LOTS of useful information.
Omnes Autem Uri
death911

Post by death911 »

Mage gears are a joke. they are just to make u feel good. in reality it does nothing. it's only the points u put in mana that count
What is Death!!
To think our self confidence is lower than that of our enemies is Death!!
Staying alive in battlefield in fear of our enemies is Death!!
Running from our enemy instead of fighting is Death!!
Leone

Post by Leone »

Most mage items give bonuses to damage and armour. Some gives bonuses to dex. Mages need armour when they are attacked and damage if they run out of mana.

If mage gear truly is as worthless as you suggest, then why do players equip their mage characters in the first place?
death911

Post by death911 »

As i said just to feel good. they are at mental peace that they are equipping lvl 1k or 2k gears. in reality they are worthless. Mage doesn't need dex or damage or armor that much. Mage needs mana. and what is the contribution of gears to mana??
Yes absolute zero!!a big Zero...
So mage gears are a joke indeed..
All mages know that.
What is Death!!
Humble_M

Post by Humble_M »

I disagree! As a mage, I wouldn't have progressed as far as I have if I didn't sacrifice mana for dex. What's the point of spells always hitting a target (not counting spell protection) if your target can land consistent hits and knock you back to Start? Mages still need dex to tank for their own protection and their pets.
It's good to be the king!
-- History of the World - Part I (1981)

username: Humble_M (Mage)
death911

Post by death911 »

that's not the point.yes Mage needs a little bit of dex but not that much. the point is the mage gears have absolutely zero contribution to mana and they are a joke when it comes to mana.
What is Death!!
Grahf

Post by Grahf »

Mage is already op as it is if mana from gear also counted towards damage/heal output would just be crazy and step in the wrong direction for balancing out all classes and like Humble_M mentioned mage gear allows you to not have to put more points into dex which means more points into mana which means more damage and who knows maybe that dex from that gear will give you more dex then your opponent (non mage opponent, mage vs mage dex has no use really) because if you want to even have a small chance at maybe beating a mage with a non mage class you pretty much need to be all str and have some luck :geek:
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

yeah, this was addressed years ago also (not to say it shouldn't be brought back up of course) - I actually wrote it up as an unfair advantage for mages, because it allows them to PvP with no important gear without sacrificing power thereby not risking losing the gear. much better would be to reduce the spells multipliers a bit, then include mana from gear - that way the overall effect of spells with a well equipped mage wouldn't really change from what it is now, but it would be reduced for mages without gear. Alas, I don't suspect this will happen any time soon... but we can dream ;)
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

blitzcraig wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:41 am yeah, this was addressed years ago also (not to say it shouldn't be brought back up of course) - I actually wrote it up as an unfair advantage for mages, because it allows them to PvP with no important gear without sacrificing power thereby not risking losing the gear. much better would be to reduce the spells multipliers a bit, then include mana from gear - that way the overall effect of spells with a well equipped mage wouldn't really change from what it is now, but it would be reduced for mages without gear. Alas, I don't suspect this will happen any time soon... but we can dream ;)
Hmmm... Reduce yellow/green/heal spell multipliers from 1.25/2.5/2.5 to 1/2/2 respectively (or possibly a bit lower), but allow gear mana to affect spell damage/heal. I like it. It would bring a bit more fairness to using mages, as gear would play a bigger role (and allow for better pvp drops :twisted: ). It COULD also possibly lower the number of variables needed to compute information for mages, resulting in less processing and smoother performance, but I can't (and likely will not ever) know for sure.

A HUGE +1 from me, even if I'm shooting my preferred class in the foot.
Omnes Autem Uri