Premium items disappearing.

You found a bug? Post it here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

TangledSwerve

Premium items disappearing.

Post by TangledSwerve »

I recently discovered that a mithril chest piece has vanished from my equipped inventory. I had not traded, deleted, unequipped or even accidentally sold it. It's just gone.

Can anyone explain what's happened here? And if it is a bug of some kind, will I have my item replaced? I'm not very happy that this has happened tbh.
Leone

Re: Premium items disappearing.

Post by Leone »

You mean mithril armour / plate?

Perhaps you were killed in PvP and it dropped for the player who killed you? There is a 30% chance of this happening.
TangledSwerve

Post by TangledSwerve »

I wasn't aware that items could be lost in this manner. With regard to this, if that happened paid items should be protected. Because this is tantamount to actual theft & I am doubly unhappy if this occured.

The PvP I have thus far encountered has been by toxic & nasty individuals. If they are to be awarded with items I paid for with real & hard earned money, it is disgusting to say the least.
Last edited by TangledSwerve on Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leone

Post by Leone »

PvP is a big part of the game. You can buy protection but otherwise there will be times when you'll be attacked.

Read here for further information about PvP and its implications:

http://ftmmorpg.dmgamestudio.com/help/
Leone

Post by Leone »

I've just read your very first post about alts in the library, blocking and so on. You use the language of an experienced player so I have to say that I am surprised if you did not realise items drop in pvp.
TangledSwerve

Post by TangledSwerve »

If read clearly,

"If you die in PvP there is a 30% chance, that you lose a random equipped item, but not your weapon. (If the item was an in-game purchased item, or crafted from one, it is not dropped.)"

I paid these items in-game, they should not be disappearing after PvP. I was beginning to get to quite angry about the prospect of losing my items to thugs who gang up in pvp to rob others...

So, again. I'd like to ask someone who is better informed as to why this item has disappeared.
TangledSwerve

Post by TangledSwerve »

I'm experienced in games, perhaps. Even created, coded & ran my own server for a classic Mmorpg. But I've barely played this for a couple of weeks. As a developer I've been showing my support for this independent project by using the in-game store.
terminator

Post by terminator »

I am going to assume you bought the gear set package, which is not covered by this document. This was a rather recent addition to purchasable items, and it would be hard to distinguish a bought plate vs a normal one, many more ID's would have to be made. Unless all the items were un dropable, this will be very hard to patch, and is just one of those things. The things covered by non dropping are those that can ONLY be gotten by purchasing through with real money, which is a very small portion, if any gear is still only able to be bought only. On the basis of negativity being rewarded....the punishment is being an outlaw, those who don't like this typically buy the PvP protect, and there has been lots of thoughts on suggesting better alternatives. If you have a good idea on how to help promote game entertainment for all, if you have a suggestion, post it on suggestion and new ideas located on the main page.
Terminator-2000+() archer
Terminator3-85()dwarf
Terminator4-175()Mage
xMortalZ-227 Dwarf
My quest is to promote the future and prevent ill history from repeating itself.
TangledSwerve

Post by TangledSwerve »

I have repeated several times that this item was bought on the in-game store. My suggestion is this, until you can provide the protection for actual bought items as stated in your PvP rules, offer a replacement for the lost item. Otherwise, clearly state on the in-game store that they may lose their item. This has proven to be infuriating to say the least.

Telling me to pay for PvP protection on top of it, is not an acceptable resolution. If you claim to offer protection for items bought on the in-game store, honor it one way or the other.
terminator

Post by terminator »

TangledSwerve wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:10 am I have repeated several times that this item was bought on the in-game store. My suggestion is this, until you can provide the protection for actual bought items as stated in your PvP rules, offer a replacement for the lost item. Otherwise, clearly state on the in-game store that they may lose their item. This has proven to be infuriating to say the least.

Telling me to pay for PvP protection on top of it, is not an acceptable resolution. If you claim to offer protection for items bought on the in-game store, honor it one way or the other.

Me and Leone are just players helping out another, no need to be rude back at us, if you have a complaint, PM compbatent the creater, or GM inbox, or give it into our suggestion box for players >🗑️.
Terminator-2000+() archer
Terminator3-85()dwarf
Terminator4-175()Mage
xMortalZ-227 Dwarf
My quest is to promote the future and prevent ill history from repeating itself.