Screen border glitch

You found a bug? Post it here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

AxeMurderer

Screen border glitch

Post by AxeMurderer »

I have noticed that when moving from one screen to another it jumps you back and forth. I am posting this because a player named lucky (aparently not) just accused me of killing his pets. I am a 4 plus year player and do not play that way.
It wasn't me
terminator

Re: Screen border glitch

Post by terminator »

AxeMurderer wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:38 am I have noticed that when moving from one screen to another it jumps you back and forth. I am posting this because a player named lucky (aparently not) just accused me of killing his pets. I am a 4 plus year player and do not play that way.
Hard to accuse someone of killing pets, even if you did, it's very hard to prove intent. While unfortunate for him if he did lose pets, I wouldn't lose sleep over it, it was an accident, he should've paid the extra $.1 on pet insurance(joking :D :D ). I believe map switch was changed to allow touch to move to work better, so not sure how you coulda killed pets
Terminator-2000+() archer
Terminator3-85()dwarf
Terminator4-175()Mage
xMortalZ-227 Dwarf
My quest is to promote the future and prevent ill history from repeating itself.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

There have been a few other comments about this change as well. As terminator mentions, I believe the intent is to assist players who don't use the dpad and find it difficult to move to a new map. This has led to some unintentional issues of players getting stuck, having difficulty accessing areas, and issues trying to move once on the new screen.

I'm sure there are some other issues as well. I'd say changing maps when you don't intend to would be on there. I can see jumping between maps without meaning to causing some issues with spawn luring and such too.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=16745
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
TangledSwerve

Post by TangledSwerve »

AxeMurderer wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:38 am I have noticed that when moving from one screen to another it jumps you back and forth. I am posting this because a player named lucky (aparently not) just accused me of killing his pets. I am a 4 plus year player and do not play that way.
I've noticed this too. It seems the exit border has been increased an extra square, so when you re-enter you're still on the exit border. Moving any direction other than the opposite of where you came will pop you back to the map you just exitted.

This is also compounded by the presence of followers, as they often block your path. Plus, occasionally some quest NPCs will spawn in inaccessible areas along these borders.

I'm not 100% clear why this change was even necessary, in all honesty.
Leone

Post by Leone »

It's for those who use touch screen rather than dpad. The previous system meant it was sometimes difficult to move between screens.
Humble_M

Post by Humble_M »

As someone who used touch screen, my biggest issue was tapping the side and not hitting the tablet cover. I think this was a good idea, but maybe just too much "space" was given. why not halve the space. this may not fix, but it would improve
It's good to be the king!
-- History of the World - Part I (1981)

username: Humble_M (Mage)
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

I think halving the space would be fine. Maybe make it like before where you could walk along the "border" as well without changing maps. Those among other concerns raised.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.